Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever Support Group

Rocky Mountain spotted fever is the most severe and most frequently reported rickettsial illness in the United States, and has been diagnosed throughout the Americas. The disease is caused by Rickettsia rickettsii, a species of bacteria that is spread to humans by hard ticks.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

New to group- Lasting Effects of RMSF

Hi, My name is Angie and I am new to the support group here, hoping I can make some great connections with people who can relate to the disease. I was diagnosed about 7 years ago and finally tested negative after about a year of treatment (tetracycline and doxycyline). I wish it ended there. Ever since I have had muscle and joint pain, I am tired and do experience headaches frequently. I want to...
  • brennamonkwolfe

6 year old with possible RMSF

My child got bit by a tick 4 weeks ago. Developed what looks like a heat rash Monday. Was given Doxcycline 400mg as a precaution and had his blood drawn. I know it's not contagious but every time he gets worked up and playing his rash gets angry and shows up in more spots. We are still waiting for his blood results to come in. They said it could take a while. Do we keep him low key until we...
  • Rbear66

Gettin lonely here!

Tell me I'm not the only RMSFer here. That's not very comforting. I guess I could look at it like I'm a tigger ( the wonderful thing about tiggers!) In all seriousness... it's a little disconcerning.
  • deleted_user

Newly Diagnosed

I was told Monday, July 3rd, 2013 that I have RMSF. I am curious if anyone is out there to talk to. Although I've been on medication for a couple of weeks I am still not feeling well.
  • deleted_user

Applying for medical disability due to RSMF

Hi, I think I've reached the point that I need to reduce my work schedule due to the fatigue, brain fog, lack of focus, etc. All of which I attribute to RSMF. Has anyone else applied for medical disability? What was your experience? Were you ever able to get well enough to return to work? I've had RSMF for at least 1 year and maybe much longer.
  • deleted_user

new to group

Hi everyone,I am new here. I had RMSF when I was ten. Before that my health was never good Now I have chronic myofascial pain, fibromyalgia, chronic fatigue and sleep apnea. I am just wondering if maybe the RMSF somehow lead to this. Also, my hubby tested positive for RMSF, but never had the rash and didn't become ill with it and we live in southern Alabama. When I had RMSF I lived in...
  • deleted_user

Symptoms...

All of these symptoms effect your autonomic nerve systems.I think that this neuropathy group site will help you with resources and links, but how others have dealt with similar issues. Go look up the topics that have autonomic in the subject line:Thought we could help.. http://dailystrength.org/groups/neuropathy
  • deleted_user

Long Lasting Effects?

Are there any lingering effects from RMSF? Since then I've had toe infections and back problems to name a few.
  • AdminTeamDS

Cipro for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Tell us about your personal experience with Cipro as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?
  • AdminTeamDS

Clarithromycin for Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

Tell us about your personal experience with Clarithromycin as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?
  • Tell us about your personal experience with Doxycycline as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?