Rheumatoid Arthritis Support Group

Rheumatoid arthritis is a chronic, inflammatory, multisystem, autoimmune disorder. It is a disabling and painful condition which can lead to substantial loss of mobility due to pain and joint destruction. The disease is also systemic in that it often also affects many extra-articular tissues throughout the body including the skin, blood vessels, heart, lungs, and muscles... The symptoms that distinguish rheumatoid arthritis from other forms of arthritis are inflammation and soft-tissue swelling of many joints at the same time (polyarthritis). The joints are usually affected initially asymmetrically and then in a symmetrical fashion as the disease progresses. The pain generally improves with use of the affected joints, and there is...

0 Online

tommie copper

Has anyone ever tied tommie copper compression wear?
They have it for ankle elbow calf, glove, knee and shirt.
I was thinking about it but would like to know first if anyone else
has tried it with success.

I had been diagnosed with psoriatic arthritis about a year ago and one of the side effects is significant joint pain. My pain manifests primarily in the knee, and after countless Physical Therapy sessions and MRIs, the doctors could find no tears in any of the tissue. They chaulked it up to being disease related, meanwhile exercise made it feel ok, just sore. I recently tried a Tommie Copper Knee sleeve. I noticed that in the first 12 hours my pain went from a 8 to a 4. The nice things about the Tommie Copper product is you just put it on and forget about it. It's thin enough that its non cumbersome but supportive enough to provide the compression I needed. Also being machine washable is a major benefit. All I can say is try it, you wont believe the difference!

jrz7 Thank you so very much for your reply! I am going to order
one now!!