Rape Support Group
If you or someone you know has been the victim of rape, this is the place to find support and get advice. If you want, discuss your experience, share your feelings, and meet others going through a similar situation.
BreakEveryChain
How do you talk to someone after sexual abuse/rape? The words even make me cringe. I'm supposed to arrange a meeting with my pastors wife, nd have the text ready to send but i can't get myself to push send. I'm so terrifyed. I had a breakdown in church the other day because of the subject, it was just too much for me. I dont really have the support from my family, so they dont know too much about it. Which is why I'm tyrignt o seek help else where. How do you get over the fear of trying to reach out?
deleted_user
For me, I was never able to get over that fear. I just pushed myself to the point that I said to my friend, i need to talk about some major problems, and when we were both able to talk, I just talked about other stuff until I calmed down and told them to guess what happened to me and it starts with an r because I could never say it. I never directly told them until after they knew and I calmed down even further. It worked for me, so it might for you. You can talk to me if you want. Ill be here.
deleted_user
I would say fear is the opposite of faith. And fear is the opposite of peace. If u focus more on peace and having faith to overcome the fear, I think u can little by little reach out more. U r doing a good job here reaching out.
Join the Conversation
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...