Precocious Puberty Support Group

Early pubic hair, breast, or genital development may result from normal but early maturation or from several abnormal conditions. Early puberty which is normal in every way except age is termed idiopathic central precocious puberty. It may be partial or transient. If your child is going through early puberty, share your experiences here and get support.

0 Online
0 Online
  • Catsmom

Scared

our 8 year old daughter was recently diagnosed with CPP. She had a bone age 5 months ago and it was 91/2. Last week it was 11 1/2. They are recommending injections. My husband and I are at odds when it comes to medication. He does not want her to have them. I want all of the information and want to make an informed decision for our child. If we do the injections she could be 5'7. If we do nothing...
  • Hello everyone Im glad i found this support group i need some answers that will enlightened me. My daughter diagnosed precocious puberty. As parents were guilty because we dont pay extra attention to her body for the last two years. She is tall among her peers,and at 7 shes started developing breast and this summer body odor is so significant. And boom few days ago she had her period for the...
  • I have twins who are in precocious puberty. They are 9 and one is bone age 11, the other is bone age between 11 and 12 (does it seem strange that the doctor can't pinpoint exactly?). this ped endo said not to do anything at this point and they will hopefully break 5 feet. she said using lupron at age 9 will stunt their growth further. i went for a second opinion and this doc thinks we can use...
  • Hi All,My name is Elizabeth and I am reporter and graduate student of journalism at Northwestern University's Medill School of Journalism. I am currently pursuing a story on the present situation of precocious puberty in girls, specifically the decreasing age at which girls are entering puberty and the other health factors associated with precocious puberty, such as growth rate. I was inspired...
  • I am new to this site. So I will give a brief history of my daughter...My daughter was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty at age 7. She had hair under her armpits at age 4 and I was told it was just an overactive adrenal gland, nothing to worry about, but at about age 6, she started getting pubic hair. I was referred to a pediatric endo and they ran a bunch of tests and she was diagnosed at age 7...
  • lex3131

New to this but dealing

My daughter was recently diagnosed with partial precocious puberty and has developed body odor and genital and underarm hair. I have been able to deal with this quite well for now and my daughter does not seem to be overly bothered by it as we have openly accepted this into our life and addressed any questions she may have.I am now worried with summer approaching that this will be a bigger issue...
  • I see a lot of postings from parents and just wondering how many of us are adults now here for support/connections? I've never seen a group for this nor have I met anyone like me so I'm interested.I was diagnosed age 4 and bones fused before 8.I've called the hospital as an adult (to just let them know how I'm doing) and they tell me I am tall @ 5'4. Honestly would have no problem being shorter...
  • My little girl is just 5 , she has body odour, acne, pubic hair on her bits but not under arms , no breast development but came home with blood in her knickers today :(I can't find anyone else living through this I didn't know I'd have to deal with this I'm feeling a lot like I want to dig a hole and sit in it until this passes over , I've completely fallen to bits.My little boy is nearly 7 no...
  • Hello all,This is my first post here. He have a daughter who is nine years old and within two weeks will be ten years old. She was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty when she was about eight years old. About six months ago her pediatrician asked that we have a bone age x-ray done, which we did. That x-ray showed that she was about a year ahead of her chronological age.The pediatrician did not seem...
  • I would appreciate hearing form any PP suvivors who weren't treated. Or parents of PP children that weren't treated. Do you wish you would have done things differently?My 9 year old daughter has been diagnosed with early puberty. We think it started when she was about 7.5 years old. Things have progressed very quickly. She is now a Tanner Stage 4 and we are expecting her to stared her period...
  • deleted_user

lupron...bad?

has anyone else been treated for precocious puberty and then experienced symptoms either during the shots, after, or even years later in life? if so what smptoms. please share your story. i am trying to figure out if lupron has caused my suffering.
  • Hi Everyone, I've been away from Daily Strength for a number of years, but recently have been reflecting on my experience as a child who had precocious puberty. I was three when I was diagnosed and Lupron had just come out and was not even FDA approved yet. My PP was progressing at a rapid rate and this drug helped to stop it. I am hear to lend an ear to any parents who want to ask me anything...
  • Hi! My 7 year old daughter just got diagnosed with CPP. We will be starting her on Lupon shots soon. She has been very worried and anxious about getting shots. Yesterday at school, she was feeling mad and sad about getting shots which is not her normal personality and hit and pushed a classmate which is totally not normal for her normal behavior at school. She's very friendly, but since...
  • deleted_user

Looking for advice

Hi, I am the mother of an 8 year old boy with various medical and developmental problems.When he was 5, we noticed that he was developing pubic hairs and adult body odor, and we were sent to an endocrinologist. The endo didn't take this very seriously, and I was quite upset at him finding my 5 year old with pubic hair "normal". They did a bone scan, which looked mostly normal, but no blood...
  • I am (almost) 32, female, and was diagnosed with Precocious Puberty at the age of 5. As you can imagine there was little to no treatment options and I have yet to see much in the way of what lasting effects the treatment options I was under have had on me.I do have a few medical issues but am not sure if they are directly related to my early on-set puberty or the treatment I underwent.I have yet...