Pneumothorax Support Group

A pneumothorax (or collapsed lung) is a medical emergency caused by the collapse of the lung within the chest cavity. It can result from: a penetrating chest wound, barotrauma to the lungs, spontaneously (most commonly in tall, slim young males who smoke), chronic lung pathologies including emphysema, asthma, acute infections, chronic infections (tuberculosis, cancer).

0 Online
  • deleted_user

Re: Nobody out there

I guess there is nobody on this site. Oh well tried.
  • Spontanious1117

My Spontanious Pneumothorax Hell

I am glad to have found a support group for SPT's and Bleb's/Bleb Disease. On Jan.1.2017 I went to the E.R it was strange because I felt fine really but when I laid on left side my heart was making a audible clicking noise like a popping joint when beating. This went on for 2 days before I finally decided to go. They did a Xray and asked me if I had ever had a Pneumothorax before, I was thinking...
  • nikkib101

Spontaneous pneumothorax anxiety

I had a spontaneous pneumothorax about 2 months ago. It was a 10% collapse at first then went to 20% but I didn't get a chest tube. They sent me home in 3 days and I took off 3 weeks of work. My third day back at work I got really lightheaded and short of breath and went to my doctor immediately. I got an xray but it showed no collapse so my doctor recommended me see a therapist for PTSD. Well I...
  • cupcakedecay

Please support help scared!

I had a Pneumothorax in my right lung this friday after having and in office needle aspiration of an oil cyst. I got home from the doctor office and shortly after had stabbing in my shoulder black that didnt go away, i began getting a little short of breath in the afternoon and went to the ER. they concluded i had a Pneumothorax small/med size. I was kept in hospital from friday, sat, sun and...
  • Just looking for advice on recovering from reoccurring spontaneous pneumothorax. I have had 3 pneumothorax's in the past two months. All of which required hospitalization and two of which required a chest tube and 1 thoracotomy and chest tube. Last two times I had the talcom powder put in. I had been out of the hospital a couple of days after the first one when the second occurred. With the...
  • deleted_user

Collapsed lung chances of happening again?

In September 2013 I was in the back of a pick up truck. We were going about 55mph when someone pulled out in front of us. He slammed on his breaks and as a result I was thrown backwards and hit the center middle of my back on the corner of a metal tool box. The girl with me hit her head so she went to the ER with obvious concussion symptoms. At the time I had seer shortness of breath and chest...
  • deleted_user

2nd spontaneous

Anyone else have two and scared for a third?
  • deleted_user

Anxiety/PTSD

This is my first time on here, so I'm hoping that I'll get some responses.I've been trying to find an online support group of people that can relate to what I've gone through. Here's my story--2 1/2 years ago I had a spontaneous pneumo on the right side. Went to the doctor and was told that since it was 20% I didn't need a chest tube so they sent me home and said it would resolve on its own. A...
  • deleted_user

Weird Symptoms, Pneumothorax?

Not sure where to post this question, but I'm totally confused about these symptoms I'm having! For about a month, I've been having these dull sensations from my left rear chest, like towards the bottom of ribcage. First they felt like a vague bubbling sensation if I moved a certain way, and when I'd wake up especially after sleeping on my back or on my left side I'd feel sore on that side. I...
  • deleted_user

Pain post surgery

Hi, I'm not sure whether this group is still active. I'm new.I had gone through twice pneumothorax surgery. First time, 10 years ago on my right side, and just 6 month ago, I went for the left side. 3 months ago I went for my regular check up and the doctor said i'm 99% healed and I'm ready to go for any flight (I'm a regular flier due to my job).So in these 3 months after my last check up, I've...
  • deleted_user

How do I help?

My dad has had 7 collapses in 3 years (5 of which happened in the past couple of months). He has literally been in and out of hospital recently and is beginning to give up "hope" that he will ever feel better.He also has COPD and other complications which means they will not perform the major surgery on him as his body isn't strong enough to go through with it. He can barely walk down the stairs...
  • deleted_user

anyone still here?

I wanted to join this for the support, but I see that most of the topics are very old. Anyone have another support group that they find more helpful and would like to share?
  • deleted_user

Spontaneous Pneumo

Hey there, new to the site. I've just had my fourth Pneumo in two months, three on the left, one on the right. I'm wondering how many of you are young males that DO NOT SMOKE?I'm interested in who has the same amount of luck as me! For people that have been dealing with this for quite some time how do you handle traveling? Any hobbies that you stick away from....besides high contact sports and...
  • deleted_user

After Surgery

Hi I am new to this site. I had my right lung collapse 5 times, 2 times were major.. had to have a tube put in! the others were at 10-20%. After the last time, I had major surgery to glue my lung to my crest wall. Ever since then I havent had a problem. Do you think it will happpen again, As I get older? I am feel it sometimes when I laugh really hard.. does that happen to you? Thanks in...
  • deleted_user

noise in lungs

Has anyone had a noise or movement in the lung while lying on your back (sort of like the crackle from a pneumo) after having a pleurodesis (chemical) that did not go away?