Physical & Emotional Abuse Support Group
Abuse is a general term for the treatment of someone that causes some kind of harm (to the abused person, to the abusers themselves, or to someone else) that is unlawful or wrongful. No one deserves abuse, period. Abuse can be emotional, physical, or sexual.
deleted_user
My father did some horrible things (mostly emotional sadism and neglect). I finally told him I knew what he had done about a year ago when I was hospitalized for an eating disorder. We've been to family therapy during inpatient and day treatment. The thing is, I'm still angry. I love him, but part of me is always afraid. I feel like whenever I try to talk to him about it he gets defensive and shuts down. "It was your mom's fault. I was trying to make things easier on you" I'm away at college now; I'm worried about my mom. We're staying in pretty close contact, so I'll know if something is up. I don't know how to resolve this anger and fear. I suppose I can admit they are reasonable feelings, but, like I said, I am away now and things have been better since inpatient. Not perfect, but better.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Is anyone here allergic to Sulfa that is currently taking Diamox? I have been diagnosed with IH now for almost 2 years. I am allergic to Sulfa drugs meaning that my throat will swell up so my Neurologist put me on Topamax. I was suffering from major loud whoosing noises and the topamax helped that but everyday I still hear those mainly between 6 - 12 pm. I am at my wits end and have not went...
-
My 6mo twin DD's are EBF and just started rice cereal on the first. Everything has been going fine except this morning one of them had a diaper rash (lots of redness around her anus). I read this as one of the signs of an allergy. BUT I did just buy a different brand diaper yesterday (which they have used randomly before w/no issues). Do you think its the cereal or the diaper? Im ready to start...
http://www.angeresources.com/shamerage.htm
I just wanted you to know that know (somewhat) about what you are going through and I feel for you un what you are going through.