Pemphigus Support Group

Pemphigus is an autoimmune disorder that causes blistering and raw sores on skin and mucous membranes. As with other autoimmune disorders, it is caused when the body's defenses mistake its own tissues as foreign, and attack the cells. There are three types of pemphigus which vary in severity: pemphigus vulgaris, pemphigus foliaceus, and paraneoplastic pemphigus.

0 Online
0 Online

Rituximab

Because of the inability to get me into remission after a year of treatment, my doctor is considering Rituximab treatments. Does anyone have experience with this?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

I just took it for the first time a week ago. For me the jury is out. There is someone's experience with it that has been very good you will have to read through the replies. Good luck with your decision. So far I can tell but it has only been exactly one week.
deleted_user
deleted_user

hello I just had the 2nd infusion I`m some disappointed because of no improvement BUT they keep saying it takes 3 months to work ??? enbrel worked great for me for a few years then started not working, the problem with these new drugs is no guarantee, it`s trial and error so I`m just hoping for the best and it starts working soon, good luck stm