Parenting 'Tweens (9-12) Support Group

This community is focused on the joys, challenges and concerns faced by parents of tweens (9 to 11 year olds). The major areas of child development include: physical development, perception and sensory development, communication and language development, cognitive development, emotional development and social development.

0 Online
  • Scoobs71

Wife just passed

My wife suffered a severe stroke and I took her off life support.  My 11 year old daughter says she will never forgive for this.  How can I deal with this. It breaks my heart.
  • deleted_user

grandparents raising grandkids

am wondering if there are any other grandparents that are raising their grandkids..and also would like support/advice >would be welcome from all
  • kfam42017

My step child

o
  • smyslp

Broken heart

My 12 year old has become just so difficult to manage. She's  become so rude and disrespectful  to me, Defiant too. She actually said she hates me several times and does all kinds of things to hurt me and make me mad. She's  getting therapy but it only seems to make her madder. I just need to vent. I'm really upset and I just can't  argue with her tonight; asthma has taken all my  breathe...
  • RLKrauss

New stepmom to a 10 year old

HI! I have a new role in life as stepmom to a little girl. I love this girl. Oh I love her. But sometimes I am having trouble with my patience. Sometimes she does display negative attention seeking behaviors that are rude and disrepectful in the way of just bad manners. But, when I read other peoples posts of their tweens, I realize maybe she is really awesome. She would never yell that she hated...
  • trickyfins

Battling Entitlement

I was taking my 11 yr old daughter to a weekend girlscout camp. She's explosive by nature. Her attitude got increasingly surly on the 50 mile drive due to gridlock traffic and making last-minute stops. Eventually, when we were 9/10ths of the way there, the situation culminated with her yelling the F word in my face - eyes blazing. I told her she would not be camping this weekend. Dropped just her...
  • MCHenhapl

Advice Giving & Teenage Daughters

Hello! I am working on earning my doctoral degree in clinical psychology. I am currently conducting research for my dissertation and am asking for your help!If you are the mother of a daughter between the ages of 10-13, you are eligible to participate in my study.My research is looking into how girls interpret advice given from their mothers. Please note my study consists of 2 online surveys- one...
  • buggaboo727

10 year old with anger

Hi everyone,I have a question or you all. I have a 10 year old daughter (oldest child), who when playing with her sisters (age 7 and 4) is always getting angry and/or mad when playing with them. I have got onto her about her anger and how she has to play fair (not always her way only), and how she cannot do things to her sisters when things are not going her way, but she continues with this...
  • felicitadulce

Behavior issues at school with a 11 year old

Hello Everyone,I have never done a online group before so I am quite new. I have a son who just turned 11 years old. He is very bright and gets good grades, however, recently he has been acting out in class, spending 15 minutes in the bath room, and leaving the class and sitting in the hall. He tells me that he doesn't want to go to school because he can't stand his teacher but when asked why, he...
  • ephramleroy

chores

My son just turned 12 and although he has chores it is a struggle at times to make him do them. He has dishes and kitchen duty, garbage, cleaning his room and vacuuming. Not all in one day but throughout the week. I have found that if he is busy with something he enjoys doing he will huff and puff and tell me he will get to it later or in a minute. I have to put my foot down and take away...
  • Tam77

18 Year Old Regressing and Rebelling?

First let me say, my heart is absolutely breaking. I've tried so hard to be a good mom and my husband a good dad. So saying this out loud is very hard for me. My daughter who is 18 and a freshman in college still lives at home and has completely regressed into a rebellious teenager! Her twitter posts have gone from positive and full of sunshine, to snarky and ugly. She's become EXTREMELY selfish....
  • pickingpieces

raising 11 yr old w/attitude & battling depres

got pregnant at 22. somewhere I had gotten the idea if I got pregnant it was my responsibly to raise that child, despite of countless reasons for not being ready. didn't believe in abortion, adoption. now as much as I love her ive found myself over the years hating myself in my depression for wishing I hadn't had her. this makes me disgusted with myself, ashamed. parenting takes more than I have...
  • bondproductteam

Middle School Girls

Are you a parent of a middle school girl? Are you interested in a product that helps young adolescents make the transition into adulthood, while still having time for childhood play? We'd love to chat with you. Reach out to us at bondproductteam@gmail.comhttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fd9-uCuS1S8&feature=youtu.be
  • enlsolis

11 year old wants to fit in

Hi Everyone. My daughter turns 11 this upcoming week and has always wanted to "fit in". She tells her dad and I about all of the things her friends get to do and that she wants to be like them. We have tried explaining several times that she is wonderful and should be her own person and not follow others, etc, etc. But she still just wants to be like her friends. We are more strict parents and...
  • katiesdad229

Single father of 11 year old daughter

Hi. I'm kind of new to this whole online support thing. I don't really even know where to start. I have a beautiful 11 year old daughter, Katie, who is the best thing in my world. I love her more than life itself. I'm sure you've all heard it before, "I have the best kid ever." She is wise beyond her years, and very independent and mature for her age. She tries to take care of me when it should...