Other Heart Problems Support Group

The heart is a hollow, muscular organ in vertebrates responsible for pumping blood through the blood vessels by repeated, rhythmic contractions, or a similar structure in annelids, mollusks, and arthropods.

0 Online
  • newfie63

Scared, help me understand....

Help!  I was scheduled to have bariatric surgery. I was told I had to have an EKG 1st. It came back saying I had an ST depression. What?? They scheduled me for a stress test.  It came back abnormal study. The following was on the list given to me by my doctors office 1. Appropriate hemodynamics response to pharmacologic vasodilation. 2.  Nondiagnostic electrocardiographic portion of...
  • angelwinks111

aortic valve replacement

I had that done when I was 37 yrs old will b 50 yrs old in aug and I dont know anyone who has had this done at a young age. I had severe depression after that cause I was young and had no kind of support and when I asked the hosp if they had a support group for that they didnt...I constantly hear u were so young to have that happen and it usually happened to much older people...if u had this done...
  • deleted_user

Don't know what to do?

I have had open heart in 2006, mild heart attack in 09, last year went in to ER and they did another stent, same year they stented me in the same spot 2 more times. Since my last stent April 1 2013 I just don't feel the same, stomach always upset I do get angina but my cardiologist said that will happen. I started exercising lost 50 lbs. but still don't feel "good" I been in the ER twice since...
  • megsmom8816

EKG Interpretation

So today I went to the after hours clinic because I have had a pain in my upper left chest/neck area for a few weeks....feels like a pulled muscle, but I just wasn't sure. I am 51 and have had a PFO closure and a history of heart disease in the family. The EKG showed "Negative precordial T-waves" but other than that a normal EKG but she recommended I take this EKG to my cardiologist in the next...
  • Carre1985

Pericarditis

Anyone out there with pericarditis so we can support eachother 
  • smilthruthpain

Confused can anyone help?

ive received a letter stating what was found on my echocardiogram but I don't understand if it's good or bad. 'This shows the left ventricle is not dilated with good function' can anyone clarify cause I'm feeling pretty scared. When I type into google it come up with only DCM (dilated cardiomopothy) I'm not sure (I hope it's not) if this is right as the letter says its not dilated.
  • ruthgrps

Palpatations and high bp

I've just had a terrible night, with palpitations all night and they havent really settled now. I've taken my meds, so hopefully my bp might come down and I've also had a night of headaches.Wondered if anyone gets anything similiar.
  • freedom15g

menopause and palpitations

i am sixty and in the last year noticed heart pounding does it have to do with menopause hormones and aging sorry if i missed this topic if it was previously posted looking for feedback i am overweight i know that right around my mid section and i haveHBP i am taking lisnoopril for that and i take lexapro and a med for anxiety
  • deleted_user

Heart palpitations

I am 29 years old. I have been to the ER in the past due to chest pain or difficulty breathing. Nothing really came out of it. Which I am grateful for but the way they treat me at the ER is horrible. They make me feel like I am a fool for going in when it's not a real life emergency. Anyway...The past 5 days I have been having palpitations that go on throughout the day, everyday. Not constant but...
  • sandysan5743

PFO - Hole in the Heart

Anyone here been diagnosed with a PFO? I was, have experienced two TIA's since diagnosis, but cardiac surgeon and my doc don't seem to want to do anything to repair it.
  • neilster

Diagnosis - how serious is it?

Hi,I was diagnosed by EKG with incomplete left branch block on Tues.I will tell you now I have been and was using methamphetamine for the past year or two extensively and in fact the last time i did it was the night before i was diagnosed. Furthermore I've been seriously under-nourished, i may add obviously.My brother was 44 when he died suddenly, so family history is as bad as I could possibly...
  • kyrridwen

Anxiety after diagnosis

On Oct. 24 I was driving to a friends house and had a heart attack behind the whell which made me crash into a pole. I was wearing a seat belt so I didn't really have any damage from the wreck itself. I ended up coding 5 times between the ambulance and the ER and the ICU. I had a pacemaker/defibirillator put in. They think it is long qt syndrome. I guess I am already anxious enough that I am...
  • deleted_user

Anxiety after stent placement

Hello. I had a bad car accident two years ago and had to have a stent placed in my carotid artery. Afterwards, I began to feel extreme anxiety. I'm always worred something is going to go wrong with the stent, especially when I feel any pain or pinch in my neck. I actually have physical symptoms from the anxiety, and it feels almost like I'm about to have a heart attack. I have seen doctors. My...
  • deleted_user

Sleep

How many hours of sleep do you get on average and please include your age range. Middle School (ages 1113)High School/College (ages 1425)Adult (ages 2655)Elderly adult (ages 56 or over)
  • deleted_user

Hospital Visit

When we got to the department, the first thing we discovered was the dr was running one and half hours late. My appointment was at 12pm I was seen at about 1.45pm. Glad I brought the knitting, and insisted that gareth bought himself a sandwich on the way in, it only cost a pound. i always bring a slim fast with me when we are out about. When I did see the doctor, he just asked me how I was,...