Practiced for centuries by cultures around the globe -- such as Ayurvedic and Chinese medicine systems -- detoxification is about cleansing resting and cleansing the entire body from the inside out. By eliminating toxins and removing, subsequently feeding your body detoxifying will help protect you from illness and renew your ability to maintain optimum health through a range of methods such as meditation, yoga and more.
HOW DOES DETOXIFICATION WORK?
Detoxification means cleansing the blood. This is carried out by eliminating impurities in the blood from the liver. Toxins are also eliminated by the body through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymph system, and skin. But when these systems are compromised, impurities are filtered and the body is adversely affected.
1. Resting the organs through fasting;
2. Stimulating the liver to push toxins
3. Promoting elimination throughout the intestines, kidneys, and skin;
4. Improving circulation of the blood, and
5. Refueling the entire body with nutrients that are healthy.
"Detoxification works because it addresses the requirements of individual cells, the smallest units of human life," states Peter Bennett, N.D., co-author of 7-Day Detox Miracle with Stephen Barrie, N.D., and Sara Faye.
HOW DO YOU KNOW IF YOU NEED TO DETOXIFY?
Bennett suggests once a year that everybody should detox. However, Bennett cautions against detoxing for patients, children, and nursing moms with chronic degenerative diseases, cancer or tuberculosis. If you have questions regarding whether detoxing is right for you consult your healthcare practitioner.
Now, with more toxins from the environment than ,"it is Essential to detox," says Linda Page, N.D., Ph.D., the author of Detoxification: Apps to Cleanse, Purify and Renew. Page recommends searching for symptoms like:
1. Unexplained fatigue
2. Sluggish elimination
3. Irritated skin
5. Low-grade infection
6. Puffy eyes or bags under the eyes
8. Menstrual Issues
9. Mental confusion
HOW DO YOU START A DETOX?
First, lighten your poison load. Eliminate cigarettes, coffee, alcohol, processed sugars, and fats that are saturated, all of which are obstacles to your recovery process and behave as toxins in your system.
Another hindrance to good health is stress, which triggers your body to release stress hormones. While these hormones may provide that the"adrenaline rush" to win a race or meet a deadline, in massive quantities they produce toxins and slow detoxification enzymes in the liver. Meditation, Qigong and yoga are simple and effective ways to alleviate stress by minding your physical and mental reactions may bring. Gaiam carries yoga mats, props and accessories for beginner yogis to practitioners and a meditation seating that will assist you relieve stress.
WHICH DETOX PROGRAM IS RIGHT FOR YOU?
There are lots of detoxification programs and detox recipes, based upon your needs. Many programs follow a seven-day schedule as Bennett describes,"it takes the body time to wash the blood." His program involves fasting liquids for two days, followed by a carefully planned five-day detox diet to allow the digestive system to rest. Page advocates a three- to seven-day juice fast (drinking only fresh fruit and vegetable juices and water) as an effective method to release toxins.
Here are our five favourite detox diets:
1. Simple fruit and veggie detox
2. Smoothie Cleanse
3. Juice Cleanse
4. Sugar Detox
5. Hypoallergenic Detox
TOP 10 WAYS TO HELP YOUR BODY DETOXIFY
You can cleanse your system every day with these diet supplements and lifestyle clinics:
1. Eat plenty of fiber, including vegetables along with grown fruits and brown rice. Beets are excellent detoxifying foods.
2. Cleanse and protect the liver by using herbs such as milk thistle, and dandelion root, burdock, and drinking tea.
3. Take vitamin C, which helps the body produce glutathione, a liver compound that drives toxins away.
4. Drink at least 2 quarts of water a day, made by bringing our 32 oz. Stainless Steel Wide Mouth Water Bottle with you anywhere you go!
5. Breathe deeply to allow oxygen to circulate more completely through your system.
6. Transform anxiety by emphasizing emotions.
7. Practice hydrotherapy by choosing a very hot shower for five minutes, allowing the water. Follow with water for 30 seconds. Do this three times, and then put into bed for 30 minutes.
8. Sweat at a sauna that your body is able to eliminate waste through perspiration.
9. Dry-brush skin or try detox foot spas/foot baths to eliminate toxins.
10. What is the way to detoxify? "Yoga or jump-roping are great. One hour every day." Try Qigong, a arts based workout system which includes exercises for detoxifying or cleansing, in addition to many exercises with health benefits.
There is also some nutritional supplements which helps to detoxify your body. Checkout alluvia purple tea for further more information.