No Gimmicks Weight Loss Community Group

No Gimmicks is a group for those who are losing or looking to lose weight the healthy way through exercise and cutting calories. We are all about making a lifestyle change instead of "dieting."

0 Online

No S Diet

I have been looking at this weight loss plan and think I give it a try.

http://diet.lovetoknow.com/wiki/No_S_Diet

No sweets
No seconds
Days off that start with S (Saturday, Sunday and Special days)

Also I am reading The Thin Commandments and will be mixing that into the No S Diet.

Replies

JoyceMarilyn
JoyceMarilyn

I gave the No S Diet a 21 try and I gained 2 pounds. I must need more regimentation! So back to counting calories FOREVER!

Which just made me notice that no one has posted here in over 21 days! Where is everyone?
deleted_user
deleted_user

I wondered about this. Where does portion control fit into it? And fats?
deleted_user
deleted_user

Hi

I too gave this a try Joyce when you mentioned it, and it is working! I am losing weight,.... finally. But, I am doing it the way they recommend: no snacks, no sweets, no seconds. On Saturday and Sunday I add one sweet each day. But I still do not snack or have seconds even on Saturday and Sunday.

Beesley, the portion control is the " no seconds" part. You are supposed to put a normal sized portion on your plate and no seconds.

This is really working and I do not feel at all deprived or that I am dieting.
JoyceMarilyn
JoyceMarilyn

I wonder if it would work for me if I counted my calories along with it? But then that was the beauty of the whole idea.
Group FoundersmileLisa
smileLisa

Calorie counting for me is the only consistently effective method I have found. I still struggle after two years of maintenance with my portion control and once I stop counting calories (or become more leniant), I go down a slippery slope and end up bingeing. I know that there are other methods and each person is so different with their food needs, routine, and lifestyle. I struggle with it still, and I don't have any good ideas to suggest besides the annoying calorie number counting... :(
kendra69
kendra69

Hi Smile Lisa,

I have found counting calories so difficult and time consuming. Is there an easy calorie counter or book available that is VERY user friendly?

I will look at the S diet as well.
thanks!
dailyfooddiaryuser
dailyfooddiaryuser

Keep a list of your favorite foods and their calorie count to make it a little faster. That also helps you stick to your portions. I like www.caloriesperhour.com
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • billwfriend

Got busy because couldn't sleep

so I have female friend coming tonight to watch movie. My living room was in terrible condition as I carried stuff from trunk of car into house while I am trying to wire the tail lights to the wiring harness for trailer.so I motivated this morning. Getting trash into bag to go to dumpster from every can but in the bathroom. One full bag ready to dump. Then moved things off the love seat as I had...
  • Community Leadercliffskat

Need to Take a Poll - please read

Hi All,One of the things that was discussed in the conference call with DS, which goes to a lot of the complaints here, was the formatting of the new site.  We were told that the new site has been designed and optimized for viewing on a mobile device - i.e., cell phones - as that is how most of the users are using the site.  Personally, I doubt that very much, but I have nothing but my own...