Multiple Sclerosis (MS) Support Group
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
This community is a place where members can discuss current events and weigh in on what's going on in the world.
I am numb pretty much everywhere now. it was my feet and hands, and I have neuropathy there too; when the numbness is also painful. these places have grown to up my legs and up my arms and it is everywhere now - I cannot feel my hands touching my face or my face being touched by my hands - the insides of my ears are going numb,..this is one I am still trying to articulate to the neuro, also trying to remember to try to articulate to the neuro. I think it is neurological, this hearing problem I am having - it comes and goes - mostly I have it now though.
I have a lot more balance issues. had heard people speak of the balance issue - then realized that I used to have and easy balance, received compliments on this my whole life - I can find nonexistent speed bumps anymore and am definitely a wobbler now. even barefoot, I used to go barefoot if I felt unsure so that I knew I wouldn't fall, but I cannot bank on barefeet to keep me safe anymore.
I don't take any MS medicine...it all sounds too frightening to me.
oh! I have this electrical buzzing thing - was just talking about it with others here - post title - buzzing butt?? something like that. It feels like my cell phone is on vibrate? and I am sitting on it - it is under my thigh? but the cell phone is not there - just this weird area of feeling like my cell vibrating there. and a few other places too. another main one - same side of my body on my chest.
I looked it up =- chose the wiki option - it said the first answer was lhermittes sign - sp? but a biggy in MS sings symptoms - to rule it in and dx. caused by lesions on the ...memory blank : / part of a vertebrae/spinal something - so yeah, it means something important
my eyes are horrible - tested everything with opthamologist - no nerve damage, nothing wrong at all, even have 20/20 - but my eyes hurt so badly and it is difficul tto read. I was always an avid reader - now I cannot read a book for pleasure, that is really hard on me.
I still walk, I think it is because I haven't stopped. that is because I have a service dog who convinces me we can do this. a lot of time the mssg to step doesn't get from my brain to my legs/feet - I ask my partner the ;out; command - he gently steps forward - w//that tug, I step out. if I don't have to think it, I can do it.
did learn something w/in the last few months. I hadn't tried to curl my hair in a long time - needed to one day. it was all I could do to try to operate the curling iron - I hadn't so I couldn't - weirded me out big time.
sorry, article. hgus
i love - LOVE that you get in the water and are MS FREE :O) how great is that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! wow :O)