Molluscum Contagiosum Support Group

Molluscum contagiosum are wart-like tumors of the skin caused by the molluscum contagiosum virus (MCV-1 to -4), a DNA poxvirus. This condition is commonly found in young children and affects the body, arms, and legs. It is spread through direct contact, saliva, or shared articles of clothing. In adults, molluscum infections are often sexually transmitted and usually affects the genitals, lower abdomen, buttocks, and inner thighs. In rare cases, molluscum infections are also found in the lips and mouth. The time from infection to the appearance of lesions ranges from 1 week to 6 months. Molluscum contagiosum lesions are flesh-colored, dome-shaped, and pearly in appearance. They are often 1-5 millimeters in diameter, with a dimpled center....

0 Online
  • Samara

Molloscum since may 2017

Hello My son is 9 and was diagnosed with molloscum in may we noticed three warts on his back. It has spread onto his beautiful face and I'm literally pulling my hair out its an awful virus.  I hope it doesn't last too long.  I took him to see a dermatologist and I'm using a strong substance on the spots which burns got rid of some but they are spreading. Drs said I couldn't get it but I have...
  • My 5 yr old son has atopic eczema behind knees both legs.  This is where the "bumps" showed up approximately a year ago (behind right knee). There were about 10 and spread out.  They didn't itch or seem to bother him so I didn't pay them much attention. Then one night I got to investigating online to see of I could find what they were...that's when I put the name to the problem!! And searched...
  • justMe.

Hey guys

Where to start? First of all I am 20 years old. I found out my girlfriend is pregnant about two months ago and was great news!! I was so happy next thing you know they give us a call from the hospital telling us is urgent and that they wanna speak to us. So we go and my girl friend goes in and talks to her doctor next thing you know she comes out looking all sad with watery eyes and tells me to...
  • busymomofboys

molloscum & itching!

has anyone experienced extreme itching in areas where no molloscum had developed yet?  My molloscum do not itch.  They are miniature in size.
  • Shine01

Intimate Relationships

I just found out I have molluscum and I am freaking out.  My 12 year old has had it for a year and hers just keeps getting worse.  I did not know until I was diagnosed yesterday that it can be contracted by towels, toys....probably why it hasn't gotten better.  I now have a much clearer understanding on what we need to do at home.  Long story short, she had several that were bleeding a few...
  • TheCure

I was given a CURE!

I live in Canada and my granddaughter, who is 10 and has diabetes, and then her 4 year old sister, got this ailment. We were told it would go away on its own, which we all know is a fairy tale! My sister is a homeopathic doctor, and when my granddaughter's lesions became so itchy, ugly, painful and plentiful, and after I had tried just about everything suggested online without success, I...
  • cecilemagic

Cimetidine cures Molluscum Contagiosum

Our 6 year old son has had MC since February - it's now June. We've been told it can last from 4 months to 5 years! We have tried everything - epson salt baths, apple cider vinegar, lemon myrtle, tea tree oil - you name it. But it seemed like the virus just needed to run its course regardless of treatment. BUT then his pediatrician just prescribed Cimetidine one week ago to be taken orally each...
  • I am a medical doctor who has exquisite expertise on this Pox Virus. I can cure the lesions indefinitely and stop them from coming back. I created a routine that will work within 8 weeks. I am so confident of this process that I am willing to give a money back guarantee with complete refund if it does not work. For a set price, I will Skype or come to your house  (if local to South Florida) 3-4...
  • bobbrown

How I get rid of molluscum contagiosum

I've been debating whether to post this information or not because while it worked at getting rid of  Molluscum contagiosum I wouldn't really recommend it and certainly don't use this method on your kids! I had the virus for two years and  got it from a girl he didn't even have sex with.  I tried everything to get rid of this that was cheap.   Apple cider vinegar worked on some of them but...
  • After months of reading forums and trying all sorts of things to help my daughter I fould something that works!LEMON BALM Anti-Viral SalveI ordered fro Amazon, it arrived really fast and it is not expensive. I felt I had to share, I know a lot of people have a really hard time fighting this. I hope this helps!
  • JustMe523

5th Year but apparently noninfectious?

Hi all.  I caught molluscum contagiosum five years ago off a partner who had herpes.  I've been tested for all STD's at least three times since and come back clean.They're only on my stomach, as far as I can tell.  For a while I got them frozen off, but they kept coming back.  I tried apple cider vinegar and it didn't seem to do anything besides temporarily moisten them.  They're dry and...
  • scaredandashamed

I feel horrible

I seriously don't know if I can live with myself ... I was treated for molloscum months ago, my doctor cut them off & treated with liquid nitrogen.  She made it all sound like no big deal , that once she took them off the virus was gone.  Well , like an idiot I had sex a few nights ago & the next day noticed that I had a few more bumps.  I am a complete mess thinking that I may have given this...
  • TBear

Long Journey

Hi all,I'm a 17 year old girl who's been fighting molluscum for about 6 months now. It's been a really big challenge.It all started about 3 months before June, when school lets out, and for several months I assumed it was an ingrown hair. I'm not sexually active, so I have no idea how I contracted it, but once it started spreading I had to stop shaving and go see a doctor. I realize how hard...
  • happyone

PoxiDerm ... found its replacement

Vireasa....  topical liquid at www.ailiebio.com.  Companies are not related.  Can also buy on Amazon, and they have other products.  Yay!
  • Oliver

Molluscum contagiosum

I posted earlier as I thought I had this beat but it resurfaced with a vengeance. Someone posted using Epsom salt baths and that appears to definitely helping!