Military Families Support Group

Today's military family faces a lifestyle that is comprised of frequent deployments, which results in increased family separations. This often proves to be a stressful challenge for military families. This community is dedicated to the families that are dealing with the unique challenges of distance and military-related stress.

0 Online
  • Jenellerose45

Idk...

Hey guys!! Hope you all are keeping strong and are in high spirits!! I am just about done with my frirst deployment and he is almost home, so that is super exciting, but I recieved some news that I am not too thrilled about. I don't know if you guys have heard of the profession Marine security gaurd (MSG), but basically it requires them to travel to different American embassies around the world....
  • katiestokes15

engaged and fiance away

My boyfriend recently proposed to me and we are engaged! However, he just left a week ago for army national guard training and lately I have been up and down. Time seems to go by so slow and it feels like Christmas is so far away to see him. I miss hugging him and I miss our cuddles and kissing and everything with him. I just want time to go by faster!!
  • WhimCertainty

I Miss Him and I Don't

Can we talk about something taboo? Because I know I'm supposed to jump for joy when my husband comes back from a deployment but I don't always feel so giddy. I do love him and that's not a problem. It's just that spending the time apart makes us a little disconected and when he gets home it's like being around a stranger for a little while. Who is sleeping next to me? I used to stretch out over...
  • katiestokes15

support

If anyone wants to exchange number so that we can text and help support each other message me!!
  • AT253

New to the Marine Girlfriend life.... Any advice?

Hi everyone, as the title states I'm new to this style of relationship. My boyfriend is joining the Marines in 2 weeks for his initial training. He is so looking forward to it and I am so proud of him. He has worked so hard to get here as all the recruits do.I was just wondering if anyone has any advice on how to get through it? When they're away for so long with hardly any contact. We only see...
  • fromtheflames

Miscarriage while partner deployed

So a week ago, I suffered a miscarriage. It was my first pregnancy and we were both so excited. I found out I was pregnant the day he left for his deployment. I broke the news to him yesterday and it broke me to hear how upset he was. I'm quite lucky in that he comes home next week, but my heart is breaking without him here. He's the only person I can talk to and I don't know if I'll speak to...
  • SimplyjustZay

Military child

Hii, so when I was around 7 years old my dad left for the army. He was stationed in Iraq and I wasn't able to see him for a year or two.When he came back home we found out that he was diagnosed with PTSD. He had recently gotten remarried also and moved around a lot so I wasn't able to see him for a good portion of my life. After a while, my dad was going to be moved to an army base in France but...
  • katiestokes15

new to deployment

I have been dating my boyfriend for nearly five months and he just recently joined the national guard. I am errified of him being away for six months because I can't see him or hug him or anything. We have talked about marriage when he gets back and he reassures me everyday that we will be ok as a couple but me and my sanity and emotional state I don't know how well I'll do and I just need some...
  • proud.usmc.girlfriend

1st day

Today my boyfriend left for marine boot camp. As my best friend and someone who I talked to everyday, it's going to be hard adjusting to limited communication, but hopefully with the support of people in my position and friends and family, these months will go by quickly. Hope to chat with some of you!
  • Lookingforpeace14

AIR NATIONAL GUARD

My husband is thinking about joining the national guard. I am for it, except the training part where he will be gone. A year ago he cheated on me with a woman from the military. After that occurred I started looking into a lot and talking to people and apparently in the military this is normal. Is the air national guard different? 
  • alexpatterson

New Marine Girlfriend

Hello! My name is Alex, my boyfriend Ben is leaving soon for Japan. He is stationed at Camp Lejuene in North Carolina and I live in California. We knew eachother throughout highschool but as of recently we have gotten serious. He is deploying to Japan at the beginning of September. I am flying out in three weeks to attend his graduation in NC and spend the weekend with him before he leaves. I...
  • brite7

Happy Memorial Day

You are ALL outstanding families for the support you give to the US military serving the U.S.Please , give your loved ones serving our country this message ,THANK YOU:I can NOT THANK YOU enough for your HARD work which keeps me free in the US .Thank YOOOOOU VERY much!WORDS cannot express the gratitude I feel . You are a tremendous blessing .I'm sorry you are experiencing such difficulty .I am...
  • susieq86

Husband says he doesn't love me anymore.

After being together for 9 years and married for 7 years, he told me two weeks ago that he doesn't know if he loves me anymore. He said he's felt this way for 3 years. We have a 2 year old and I'm pregnant with baby #2. I've stood by him for 4 deployments and we just moved a year ago to a new duty station. We moved from my hometown that I grew up in for 28 years. He takes me out of my...
  • maDeLo

Deployments SUCK!

So my husband has been gone for 5 months. The first three months were tough but super easy. I missed him but I wasnt in this dark hole of depression not wanting to do anything. I have an amazing support group here but i am in the middle of deployment where my motivation is gone and i dont feel like i have anything real to look forward to because his homecoming is so far away. I need out of this...
  • deleted_user

Brother missing, asap-locTE/1

ROBERT. JAMES.CALEY IMMIGRATED 1972 ALBANY,NY. MOTHER:MADELAINE VILLIERS/CALEY/DAVIDSON BRITISH IMMIGRANTS. JESSICA ALYSE RACHAEL CALEY IN SEARCH OF MY BROTHER, SISTER AND MOTHER, Qoe,///?? thanj-you jessica a.r. caley....===...--- ...--....-