Medical Research and Clinical Trials Support Group

This community is for those DailyStrength members that have an interest in medical research, academic research, and clinical trials, as well as professionals conducting health-related trials and research. Unlike other DailyStrength Support Groups, this group welcomes posts (from both academics and professionals) aimed at recruiting participants for trials and research.

0 Online
  • Prosthetics

Have you been using an upper limb prosthesis?

Hi everyone,I am a PhD researcher conducting research on embodiment of upper limb prostheses and looking for further participants. If interested, please see a small advert below (with full information contained on the website)Hope to hear from you,AndrewHave you been using an upper limb prosthesis? - Research participation request If so, we are interested to hear from you about your experiences...
  • Hi,My name is Bethan Hanks, a 3rd year psychology student, and i am looking for people to take part in my research which is looking at the realtionship between social suport and hapiness.The reseach simply requires particiants to complete a short 15 minute questionnaire online. The sucess of my reasearch vitally depends on the willingness of volunteers! You can take part by following the link...
  • You are being invited to take part in a study based on your experience of living with pain and the potential role of perceived injustice in your experience of pain. You will be asked to complete 5 questionnaires regarding pain, injustice and how you have adjusted to life with pain, as well as some demographic questions.If you agree to take part in this study, you will be contributing to an...
  • My name is Hannah, I work for gotoresearch a design research firm based out of San Francisco. I am currently working with a large well-known medical company to conduct research on receiving treatment for complex and serious medical conditions. The research study is focused on how people research potential treatment centers and how we can make that process easier for patients. We are only looking...
  • varyatep

Stress Dealing Research

Hi,We are working on a project where we are trying to figure out how people are dealing with their daily stress. If you could please fill out this survey, it is only 10 questions and all of the responses are anonymous. Thank you!The link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/MYFLL9Q
  • PollakLab

Easy Kidney Research Study (Complete at home!)

We are currently running a research project on FSGS (focal segmental glomerular sclerosis) and other causes of nephrotic syndrome, kidney failure, and proteinuria at the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center/Harvard Institutes of Medicine in Boston, Massachusetts. Our aim is to understand the genetic basis of these kidney diseases by collecting and analyzing saliva and urine samples from...
  • Hi,We are a user experience agency and we are looking for people with NASH to take part in research interviews to understand how to effectively communicate to patients about a clinical trial.We would be looking for you to take part in an initial telephone interview to understand your situation, your views on clinical trials and your perception of a proposed NASH clinical trial study. This will...
  • Do you grind your teeth or has anyone ever told you that you grind your teeth while sleeping? If yes, consider participating in an online survey and/or contact us to set up a short phone interview. Does your partner/roommate grind their teeth while sleeping? If yes, contact us for a short interview. Help us learn about your experience by participating in the Stanford Home Sleep Study, a...
  • We at the Faculty of Health at the University of Technology want to Help people that suffer from breathlessness By finding the best way to measure this symptom – we hope to improve management of this symptom. We are doing this by asking you about your breathlessness in different ways through an online survey. If you have heart problems and wish to participate, click this link or copy and paste...
  • Dear Daily Strength Readers, I'm from a group of Psychology students at the University of Queensland (Australia) and we are conducting our Honours thesis on the topic of Infertility. We are interested in finding out more about the experience of infertility as it is extremely important to understand fully how one can cope with this adverse life experience. We are recruiting individuals who...
  • If you are 30-75 years old with Chronic Pancreatitis you may be eligible for a study on chronic pancreatitis at the Children's Hospital of Philadelphia's Research Institute.  The purpose of this study is to look at how fat from the diet is absorbed in adults with chronic pancreatitis. We will study whether taking pancreatic enzyme medication helps adults with CP absorb the fat from their diet...
  • PJamela

Fibromyalgia Study- needing participants

Do you participate in the online DailyStrength fibromyalgia support group? Have you participated for about 6 months or more? Have you been diagnosed with fibromyalgia? I am interested in the descriptions of your experience with fibro as you participate in the online FM support group in DailyStrength and how your quality of life may have been affected. My name is Pamela and I am completing...
  • janelar

Survey on New Stepfamilies

You can earn $10 for completing my survey on new stepfamilies! If you have married or started living with a new partner in the past 2 years and you have a stepchild between the ages of 11 and 18 years old who lives with you at least 50% of the time, you are invited to participate! Survey link: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BSY75TV
  • Hello! Columbia University Medical Center is conducting a research study on risk factors for forming blood clots in young women. If you are 18-45 years old in the NYC Metro area, and have experienced a blood clot while on birth control you may be eligible!The study involves the completion of a 15 minute phone interview. With your assistance, we can learn more about the causes of blood clots,...
  • Qessential Research, a leading research firm dedicated to the pharmaceutical and medical device industries, is currently conducting confidential and compensated interviews with individuals who have been diagnosed by a physician with Tardive Dyskinesia – involuntary and uncontrollable movement symptoms of the mouth or face, lower extremities, or trunk area – and with the close friends or...