Medical Research and Clinical Trials Support Group

This community is for those DailyStrength members that have an interest in medical research, academic research, and clinical trials, as well as professionals conducting health-related trials and research. Unlike other DailyStrength Support Groups, this group welcomes posts (from both academics and professionals) aimed at recruiting participants for trials and research.

0 Online
  • eustaquiojel

Type 2 Diabetes Support

My name is Jelyn and I am currently doing work in the field of public health. I am currently completing my thesis for my MPH program. My thesis is on medication cost and medication adherence in type 2 diabetes individuals. There are limited studies right now that discusses cost and drug adherence in type 2 diabetes patients. This study aims to fill that gap. If you are diabetic, I would like to...
  • PJamela

Fibromyalgia Study

Hello to all who suffer with fibromyalgia. My name is Pamela and I am completing my PhD in General Psychology. I have fibromyalgia and knew that when I began the journey of obtaining my PhD, I would do my dissertation on fibro. I feel honored and blessed to study this difficult to treat disease. I am interested in your descriptions of your experience with fibro as you participate in the online...
  • EndoLang

Research on Endometriosis Pain

Hello everybody. My name is Stella. I am an Endometriosis sufferer and, as a result of years of frustrating struggles with my endo pain, I have started a research project on endometriosis pain. I am interested in how we describe our pain to doctors and partners. My aim is to find ways to improve communication about the condition and, in particular, find effective ways to communicate pain so...
  • Hi everyone,I am a PhD researcher conducting research on embodiment of upper limb prostheses and looking for further participants. If interested, please see a small advert below (with full information contained on the website)Hope to hear from you,AndrewHave you been using an upper limb prosthesis? - Research participation request If so, we are interested to hear from you about your experiences...
  • jl2017

Bipolar Disorder and Risk Survey

My name is Julia Lukacs and I am a research master student completing my thesis at Lancaster University. I am currently recruiting participants for a study aimed at exploring the links between the way in which people diagnosed with bipolar disorder make sense of their daily experiences and make decisions and their likelihood to take risks in their everyday life. If you speak English, have been...
  • Purdue University Research Opportunity: Please consider helping us in our research into the communication patterns surrounding sexual assault. We hope to use these analyses to help minimize secondary victimization, improve the prosecution of sexual assault cases, and inform sexual assault prevention programs. If you choose to participate, you will be directed to an external, anonymous survey. No...
  • Dear Members,My name is Ryan Thiel, and I am a graduate student researcher at the University of Montana completing my thesis. Patients receive lots of advice and information during the treatment of a heart condition, and these messages can affect the way people make decisions regarding their health. I am looking for individuals with a clinical diagnosis of a heart condition to complete one online...
  • Participate here
  • Have you experienced the death of a spouse in the past five years? Are you between the ages of 18-64? If so, researchers from the University of Illinois are interested in hearing your story. We are conducting interviews with individuals who have recently lost a spouse. Interested participants will engage in an audio-recorded interview about their experiences with loss. Interviews will take...
  • MuhlenbergThesis

NSSI and Online Support Networks

Do you want to further understanding of the impact of online social networks for self-injury support? Please consider taking this ten-minute survey regarding your opinion on the potential value of these sites. For each survey completed, a donation will be made to an organization for mental health support. You must be eighteen years or older to take this survey. Please follow the link below. Thank...
  • GregoryCorey

Surgery for Breast Reconstruction

If you have had surgery to one or both of your breasts, resulting in removal of tissue from the area, then you might be interested in surgery for breast reconstruction. This is usually the case if your surgery was a mastectomy (surgical removal of one or both breasts) in order to treat or prevent cancer. Many women are keen to have the surgery for breast reconstruction to maintain the appearance...
  • NathalieUCL

Do you need help to lose weight?

Hi, my name is Nathalie, I'm a researcher at University College London. I would like to invite you to take part in a research project that will test the TOP TIPS weight loss app developed by us with the charity Weight Concern.  The Top Tips app is based on the latest research and aims to help people develop healthy habits and lose weight. Where is this study conducted?OnlineParticipants...
  • Hello! My name is Cecilia and I am a student at UC Berkeley. I am currently working on a class project focused on finding alternatives to statins to treat high cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol and are not yet taking statins or are looking to postpone having to take them, I would love to hear from you. All I ask is to speak briefly (15 minutes) over the phone, to better understand how...
  • Hello Friends, I am currently enrolled in MSc in Clinical Psychology and I am conducting this research project to observe the support groups for LGBT community. In particular, the research focuses on the Bisexuality community.This research largely aims to explore the emotional patterns and feelings of the members of the bisexuality community on an online portal and silently observe how they...
  • Hi! My name is Teagan Plimpton and I am a senior Psychology major at the State University of New York at Geneseo. I am in the Honors program and for my senior capstone project I decided that I want to look at the experience of children who have a sibling with Type I diabetes. My interest in this topic is due to my own diagnosis with Type I diabetes as a junior in high school.This research would...