Medical Research and Clinical Trials Support Group

This community is for those DailyStrength members that have an interest in medical research, academic research, and clinical trials, as well as professionals conducting health-related trials and research. Unlike other DailyStrength Support Groups, this group welcomes posts (from both academics and professionals) aimed at recruiting participants for trials and research.

0 Online
  • NathalieUCL

Do you need help to lose weight?

Hi, my name is Nathalie, I'm a researcher at University College London. I would like to invite you to take part in a research project that will test the TOP TIPS weight loss app developed by us with the charity Weight Concern.  The Top Tips app is based on the latest research and aims to help people develop healthy habits and lose weight. Where is this study conducted?OnlineParticipants...
  • Hello! My name is Cecilia and I am a student at UC Berkeley. I am currently working on a class project focused on finding alternatives to statins to treat high cholesterol. If you have high cholesterol and are not yet taking statins or are looking to postpone having to take them, I would love to hear from you. All I ask is to speak briefly (15 minutes) over the phone, to better understand how...
  • Hello Friends, I am currently enrolled in MSc in Clinical Psychology and I am conducting this research project to observe the support groups for LGBT community. In particular, the research focuses on the Bisexuality community.This research largely aims to explore the emotional patterns and feelings of the members of the bisexuality community on an online portal and silently observe how they...
  • Hi! My name is Teagan Plimpton and I am a senior Psychology major at the State University of New York at Geneseo. I am in the Honors program and for my senior capstone project I decided that I want to look at the experience of children who have a sibling with Type I diabetes. My interest in this topic is due to my own diagnosis with Type I diabetes as a junior in high school.This research would...
  • Hello, I'm Jennifer. I'm a healthcare researcher who is working with the Canadian Skin Patient Alliance, an organization for Canadian patients with skin conditions.Together, we have developed the Hidradenitis Suppurativa Patient Experience (HSPE) Survey. What is the purpose of the HSPE Survey? To find out more about patient experiences with hidradenitis suppurativa (HS), to identify patient...
  • Have you lost someone you care about? Are you willing to share your experience of loss to improve the support available to help others in their grief recovery? Click here to take a short, anonymous survey.https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/NY5GRBR 
  • The Department of Communication Sciences and Disorders of East Stroudsburg University is seeking participants for a research study on the effects of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus. We are looking for volunteers to take part in a study of the impact of Rheumatoid Arthritis and Systemic Lupus Erythematosus on hearing, cognition, and language.  Your participation can help us...
  • Community LeaderWanderingVet

Prostate cancer breakthrough

http://www.foxnews.com/health/2016/12/20/laser-therapy-with-deep-sea-drug-kills-prostate-cancer-in-trial.html?refresh=true
  • nnh2018

Research on Lupus and Clinical Depression

Hello, I am a high school student conducting research on the factors that lead to the development of clinical depression in female lupus patients. In order to collect data, I need women over the age of eighteen to participate by taking an online survey. If you are interested in participating, please contact me by email at nhaeffner@mail.swvgs.us or my adult sponsor by email at spugh@swvgs.us or...
  • TheHenneGroup

Upcoming Research Study

Hello, my name is Nyree, I am reaching out to you from The Henne Group to see if it would be possible to share an opportunity with your Narcolepsy community? We are a research company based in San Francisco with over 30 years of experience conducting focus group interviews and in-depth interviews. In an effort to gain a better understanding of Sleep Disorders, we are looking for individuals who...
  • The-Research-House

Research on Cystic Fibrosis

We are looking to speak with those diagnosed with Cystic fibrosis or anyone who is a caregiver to a child between 2 to 17 years old. We wish to discuss with them what is like to live with or care for someone with cystic fibrosis, to really find out what they feel can be done to improve their wellbeing while living with this condition. We want to know what they would like to see be done to help...
  • Penn State University Study on Heterosexual Men's Sexuality I am conducting a study in which I explore heterosexual men's sexuality throughout the life course. I am interested in general attitudes about sexuality in American society, as well as about men’s own sexual development.  Based on interviews conducted so far I am seeking heterosexual men in their 60s. Participation entails an...
  • michaeltw

PhD Hypersexual Behaviour Survey

Addicted to sex? Persons over 18 years who think they may be addicted to sex are sought for a PhD survey that investigates hypersexual behaviour. To take the survey simply click on the following URL or past the link into your web browser http://tinyurl.com/hypersexualbehavioursurvey
  • Mohammad

Academic Survey

We, Mohammad Abdel-Rahman and Insu Park, are conducting a research project entitled " The Community Citizenship Behavior and Effective Use in Health Social Network Websites: An Empirical Study” at Dakota State University. The purpose of the study is to explore the drivers of Community Citizenship Behaviors (CCB) in health social network sites (SNSs) and online health support groups. Also, the...
  • I'm a graduate student at the University of Texas looking to learn about the effects of CHF on patients from the perspective of a patient advocacy group. This research will help us in our studies on chronic heart failure and diagnostics for the condition. I'm looking to speak over the phone, if possible, for about 10 minutes, or to correspond online if preferred. Send me a reply here and we'll...