MCTD Support Group

Mixed connective tissue disease (MCTD) or Sharp's syndrome is a human autoimmune disease in which the immune system attacks the body. MCTD combines features of polymyositis, systemic lupus erythematosus, and systemic scleroderma and is thus considered an overlap syndrome. MCTD commonly causes joint pain/swelling, Raynaud phenomenon, muscle inflammation, and scarring of the skin of the hand.

0 Online

Botox

Do any of you get Botox injections and have you noticed any effects on your MCTD?

Replies

brunob
brunob

I haven't tried it......a friend of mine is going to try it for migraines. What are you hoping it will help?

Beth
tammib
tammib

I am hoping it will help my wrinkles:). I haven't had it since I was diagnosed with MCTD, so I am wondering if it will adversely affect my disease.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • gardenchic

Quality of Life

Hi folks,i was dx'd with Mixed Connective Tissue Disease (Lupus, Scleroderma and Polymyosits) and a bunch of other conditions 10 years ago. My main symptoms and joint, lung and fatgue issues. I've managed to work full time through most of that and support myself. I'm finding though that in recent years its been getting harder and harder to take care of myself (my mom does most of my cleaning...
  • JasadezAnn

It's Getting Worse

Hi everyone, my name is Sadie and i'm new here to this group. I was officially diagnosed with MCTD right after I turned 20, and i'm almost 23. I suffer from severe Hypothyroidism, Anemia, severe Raynauds, muscle pain, joint pain, fatigue, and Depression. I was offically diagnosed after coming down with Mono and it landing me in the ER which resulted in a week-long stay at the hospital. My body...