Lung Cancer Support Group

Lung cancer is a cancer of the lungs characterized by the presence of malignant tumours. Most commonly it is bronchogenic carcinoma (about 90%). Lung cancer is one of the most lethal of cancers worldwide, causing up to 3 million deaths annually. Although lung cancer was previously an illness that affected predominately men, the lung cancer rate for women has been increasing.

0 Online
0 Online
  • I'm out. The change to this site is not user friendly at all, not easy to navigate and the regulars have already left. I have patience so I waited it out a bit longer than most. It doesn't seem the people in charge care much about the complaints at all. I have complained thru the dailystrength facebook page and even though they answer back nothing has changed. I know several others have done this...
  • nana012

Who has heard of this?

I have had bilateral nodules in my lungs for about a year and a half. My pulmonologist wanted me to get CT scans every 3 months for 2 years to make sure they didn't grow. Then they could be considered non cancerous. My insurance wouldn't cover it, and I forgot as other things came up over the last year or so. I had one this Spring, and they were fruitful and multiplied, and grew. I opted to...
  • HI. Last week I had cardiac ct which was clear BUT they saw a 9mm and in other lung 7mm growth. They appear carcinoid based on their position. I have PET apps on 26th and before that a lung scope.What I am shocked about is an awful sounding, open chest op is already being recommended. I feel thrown into a nightmare. I can't stop this horrible, tingling shiver. I am not brave. Thank you for...
  • Hello. I am new to all this. diagnosed with small cell stage 3 lung; weeks of daily radiation and chemo once a week; then a break and then one more chemo with doses tripled and quadrupled. Its been 5-6 weeks now since last chemo and this healing process seems to be the reverse of anything I have ever gone thru.I got worse 2-4 weeks after last treatment with my breathing (never had breathing...
  • jody0385

small cell cured!

So my step dad has had 4 of 6 chemo treatments the radiation to the chest and as precaution radiation to the brain. Today we got the best best best news!! Dr not ready to say he's cured but he isn't scared to say he truly thinks it will be cured. I had to share this news with someone because of course he wants to give the news to the family. God is great but I always knew he'd be in the 20% that...
  • iowa60

Friend just diagnosed

I have a good friend who was just diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer. She is 55 years old and has smoked heavily all her life. I am familiar with cancer (brother passed from leukemia) and am still dealing with that. I find myself feelings very angry at this disease and sometimes angry at God, but I know he doesn't give people cancer. I guess I am wondering what kind of a chance she has. Drs....
  • iowa60

No help?

I am wondering why nobody had anything to say about my post.
  • I learned of it Monday, my father is still in denial about the diagnoses, I spoke with the oncologist and he said that my father will be receiving palliative care since since it is incurable. I don't know if I should keep this knowledge as father doesn't know its incurable have yet to tell my mother as I had not had a chance to tell her in person. I feel like I want to be next to her before I...
  • I posted the same message under Chemotherapy, but figured someone in this group might be able to help me here too....I need some answers here. My mother was diagnosed with Lung Cancer about 8 years ago, and since, has been in remission. But about 4 years ago, she has experienced these symptoms: Pain, sharpness and stabbing shooting pain that comes and goes in both her legs and arms. Memory Loss...
  • Hello everyone. I had a pet scan recently and just got my results and wanted to post them. I have a 32mm x 32mm spot on my left lung that was being checked for cancer so I Dr ordered a pet scan and it showed the same spot as previous ct's and was well visible. I was given an antibiotic and am on it for ten days. The Dr wants to see if it will make the spot better worshiping for infection. If not...
  • This is Yaman Hu, Im a student from School of Visual Arts. My mother was diagnosis lung cancer this summer, this situation makes me want to do some little efforts in the tumor treatment area. My major is Graphic Design. So I want to design to be my tool to convey my concern. Heres my thesis, its called EMPATHY. EMPATHY is a web platform for cancer patients emotion expression by writing letters to...
  • DottieJean

Trouble in stores

I have emphysema but not too horrible. I can't seem to walk thru stores without the lights bothering me and getting really dizzy............at home I am fine. Has anyone heard of this people look at me like I am crazy!Thank so much
  • First, let me just say I'm so happy to have found this support group, as the internet can be a horrifying place for someone who is new to this disease. Long story short, last month my otherwise healthy 70 year old father was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer after seeing his doctor for a persistent cough. What was originally a "spot" on his x-ray, turned out to be a large mass inside his left...
  • Hi everyone,My dad was diagnosed with stage 4 lung cancer at the end of February. He's been receiving treatment since diagnosis but the original prognosis was 3 months. I have a very difficult stepmother and as he gets sicker I get less and less information. He said today he was going to get the results of MRI and Scans but not taking chemo. He wants to switch facilities but my concern is you...
  • just signed up and looking to see how others are doing... Also to see if anyone has passed out from neulasta... All most every time I got the shot, an hour later I would pass out... The last time, was at the cancer center... My Dr saw that and said no more... It was the weirdest thing... So, I am 56 have been fighting for 2 yrs... I feel good. and my dr is great... The Waterford Cancer Center...