Loneliness Support Group

Loneliness is an emotional state in which a person experiences a powerful feeling of emptiness and isolation. Loneliness is more than the feeling of wanting company or wanting to do something with another person. Loneliness is a feeling of being cut off, disconnected and alienated from other people. The lonely person may find it difficult or even impossible to have any form of meaningful human contact. Lonely people often experience a subjective sense of inner emptiness or hollowness, with feelings of separation or isolation from the world... Why Do People Get Lonely? People can experience loneliness for many reasons, and many life events are associated with it. The lack of friendship relations during childhood and adolescence, or the...

5 Online
5 Online

At last....

Loneliness, just like life after a breakup, seems to be a roller coaster ride. Yesterday I was relishing my independence, enjoying my own company. Today I miss even the complications of a relationship...I wanted to focus on my (non-existent) career, and yet, alone, my life seems pointless, out of focus...
After the break up, the days were hard..To get by, I was visualizing the morning when I wouldn't weak up with that pain in my heart. That day came...
Now I imagine the day when I would be able to say At last...like in Etta James song. Only this seems so much like an utopia comparing to my previous, more reasonable goal..
I love At last song..I just don't believe in it, I guess...
Do you think there's that magic moment when we can say that, and not wake up the next morning turned back into a pumpkin?

Replies

deleted_user
deleted_user

Of course! Your prince charming is out there somewhere..........If thats what you really want. I do think its also possible to live a fulfilled life on your own too, but that depends on the kind of friendships a person has.