Liver Cancer Support Group

Hepatic tumors are tumors or growths on or in the liver. These growths can be benign or malignant (cancerous). They may be discovered on medical imaging (even for a different reason than the cancer itself), or may present in patients as an abdominal mass, hepatomegaly, abdominal pain, jaundice, or some other liver dysfunction.

0 Online
0 Online
  • deleted_user

Hospice & Liver Cancer

My brother-in-law is in St. Vincent's Hospital in Jacksonville, FL. Hospice called us today & asked me if my husband & I would carry out his wishes -- I can't remember the legal name they gave it.The doctors at St. Vincent's say there is nothing left that they can do for Tom. He is bleeding internally, blood will not clot, & body was shutting down when he was taken to the hospital. He is now...
  • My 23 month old daughter was just diagnosed having two masses on her liver one the size of an orange and the other half of that. They want to either do a biopsy or remove the whole thing and start chemotherapy and we don't want any of this. I would rather try cannabis oil but I want to know what other parents have done what is your experience with all this?
  • Hi:My mom was prescribed Nexavar but unfortunately she does not have medical coverage. I'm wondering if anyone knows the doctors or hospitals that would be willing t donate this medication.Thanks
  • Could someone please explain me who are the people involved in the process of Radioembolization and what are their roles? What are the roles of Interventional Radiologist? Who is the actual in-charge of the entire process in Radioembolization treatment?
  • deleted_user

HCC (liver cancer)+ Hep C+ Cirrocis

Hi:My name was diagnosed with HCC (Liver Cancer) in Jan 2013. Right before the surgery it was found out that she has Hep C. Two thirds of her liver was removed and nobody wants to treat her Hep C. She was told that this treatment makes no sense because she already developed liver cancer.I'm very devastated and do not know how to help her. Today I found out that her AFT is about 1400.Does anybody...
  • Hi, so i came here were i need help to try and deal with this so sorry in advane this will be a bit long.( And sorry for my spelling ) So a few weeks ago i found out my father has cancer and it's to big to be removed he needs a tranceplant other wise he won't make it, cemo is not an option because he has Hepatitis C or how ever its spelled and it has messed his liver up now beond help, the thing...
  • luvmygirlz

Hepatic Lesions on Ultrasound

first I wanted to say how very sorry I am for any one here who is suffering themselves or has loved ones who has hepatic cancer. I had an ultrasound last month to test my gallbladder, which had to be removed due to gallstones. Any way, it also detected 3 hypoechoic right kidney lesions measuring 5 mm and 2 hypoechoic lesions in the left lobe of the liver measuring 5 mm. The report said they're...
  • Even though it has almost been a year since my husband's death, it feels like yesterday every day. His birthday was 6/9 and fathers day is right around the corner. He passed in July. It is so hard going through all the important events in our lives without him here. My daughter and I both suffer every day. Not a day goes by without crying wanting him with me again. I am thankful for websites...
  • I read some of the horrible side effects of stopping drinking. I know there is medicine that can help but I am at a loss of where to even look for help. How have other people gotten past this fear?!?
  • angie777

Liver mass

I have been a member for a while but never posted. CVID for yrs just found liver mass 2 cm on MRI but due to location on upper part of liver it would be hard to biopsy-doc says they would have to do through the lung. I am terrified it's liver CA, anyone else have any biopsy experience? Or just wait and watch depending on results of tumor markers? With my primary immunodefiency I'm worried about...
  • deleted_user

My mother passed away

In January 2013 my mom was diagnosed with HCC (Liver Cancer). Right before the surgery it was found out that she has Hep C and liver cirrhosis. Two thirds of her liver was removed and since then she was going "downhill". My mom lived in Eastern Europe when the level of conventional medicine is far behind US. She was told that this treatment makes no sense because she already developed liver...
  • deleted_user

Grandbaby has liver cancer

My 13 month old grand baby was diagnosed with liver cancer one week ago today and will be undergoing surgery tomorrow morning. I am feeling such a mix of emotions. I am so angry that such an innocent sweet baby has to go thru such an awful experience. Scared as to the outcome, feel like no one understands where I am coming from. Thank God I have always been close to the little guy (but as my...
  • deleted_user

Medications induced paranoia

Hello all,We are at home and on home hospice with my boyfriend who has stage4 lung cancer with mets all around in his body, at least two of them on the liver. Because of his great pains, he's on Dilaudid (Hydromorphone) pump 24/7, at the moment on level 7 out of 10, and his pains are increasing. He also takes Ativan (Lorazepam) for the nights.Whenever he has a breakthrough pain he has to press on...
  • deleted_user

Fatty liver

Has anyone tried milk thistle?
  • beautifulb

New Support Group on DS!!!!

Hello everyone!! My name is Beth and I am 35 years old with 2 young children. I have been diagnosed with several terminal illnesses and because of this I have started a terminal illness support group here on ds. It is a safe haven for those of us who have an incurable illness to come together and provide each other support. There are uplifting posts, uplifting videos, calming music, a joke...