Life After Divorce Support Group

This community is dedicated to starting over after a divorce. With the marriage over, how do individuals begin a new chapter in their lives and what hurdles do they face? Divorce is often one of the most traumatic periods in a person's life. Studies show it is the second-most stressful event in life, after the death of a spouse.

0 Online
  • WarriorGal

Dating....and more? :-)

I am 71 y-o female. I am very comfortable with online dating. I have been divorced since 1989. Had a 10 year relaionship and have been online dating on and off for 10+ years. I am very selective and also think I have not been ready for more than a firendshio and casual dating.....but now I think I am ready for more.I still do not want marriage or even living togegther, but I am THINKING about...
  • tailspin916

Can't Believe It Happened Again!

Hello folks. I posted this on the Break Up and Divorce forum, but I figure it's more relevant here since I am technically trying to live my life after my divorce.I joined this site about 2 years ago when my wife broke my heart and told me our marriage was over.  It took well over 6 months before I started to feel like myself again. I started to go out, have fun and live my life again.  After a...
  • saltysea

New here...

Hi there. This is my first foray into any kind of divorce support. I'm 35, and the first of my friends to divorce. My ex and I have remained friends, but I'm getting tired of him being the only person to relate with on this. So the timeline. We decided to divorce a year ago, we were separated the year before that, and we did a year of counseling the year before that. So it's really been 3 years...
  • alewis222

Cant move on

Ive been divorced for 4 years, you'd have thought that by now I would have moved on with my life, but the last four years I have been so unhappy. The strange thing is, its not cos I want to get back with my ex, but just that I feel so lonely and have not been able to forge a relationship since. Now at the age of 36 and all my friends settled with children, I cant see any future for myself. I...
  • ughmylife

How to cope with Ex's new girlfriend

Brief summary.  My ex husband and I were married for 16 years, 1 child.  He just left one day with no explanation. We were legally divorced in 2015.   I have sole custody of child.  He is now living with and dating a 23 year old college student (he is 43)  He was her former high school teacher and coach.  Whether or not they had a relationship when he was her teacher is beside the point. ...
  • dylanmurphy

Divorced

okay divorce was granted. now in the post divorce phase of my life. would like to have no contact with my ex but we have great children together. some days I want to hide, some days I want to scream at her and let her know what I am thinking!thank goodness better judgement prevails and I say nothing. 
  • AmyNX-01

New here...hopeless situation

I feel pretty lonely. I have been searching for a group and I am not even sure where I belong. The situation feels like it fits no box. I divorced in 2012. I should tell the whole story but don't want to bore you with writing it all out. So for now, the basics. I married too early to a man that my low self-esteem and lack of wisdom settled for. He settled for me too. If anything, his self-esteem...
  • dylanmurphy

New Life?

the divorce has been filed, and waiting for a judge to confirm it.I live in our former home. She lives elsewhere. we have children, so we talk for them. Otherwise I would have left the state and moved promptly.I am creating my own life. I am claiming my home. It is an interesting adventure.that is where I am
  • Diva

When Your Ex Tells You He Wants to Marry You Again

My ex told me he wants to marry me again.  The kicker is he is re-married.  I'm not posting this for advice, but for encouragement, but please feel free to share your thoughts.When we separated it was not my desire to divorce, but rather to seek marriage counseling & reconcile.   Well that didn't happen.  My ex filed for divorce and I did not contest.  I had to learn to be alone, learn about...
  • deleted_user

Do affairs ever really work?

My husband left me after 15 years (12 years of marriage) for another woman who he says he is love with. He did'nt want to work it out for our kids or anything. He has moved to a different state where she lives and has our kids for the summer. Our kids have been staying with her and her kids and my ex in there house together like one big happy familiy. All this within 5 months of him asking for a...
  • deleted_user

2 years Divorced & still hurting

I have actually been divorced for 1 year but broken up for 2. I still hurt every day about the life I lost. I want it back so bad. I kicked him out. I filed for divorce. I forced it through. Because he cheated. Not only did he cheat but I gave him a chance to stop for almost a year and he said he did. We moved on with our marriage it was better than ever, then he told me she was pregnant....
  • jokiwhau

Illness After Divorce

Has anyone had to deal with an ex getting really sick after a divorce?  I have been divorced 3 years now, and just found out this week that my ex-husband probably has terminal cancer.  He is going back to the oncologist next week for final diagnosis.  Our kids are not handling this well (kids are grown, 24, 21, 18).  I don't know how involved I should get???My ex and I don't really talk, but...
  • Diva

Reciprocal Relationships

I hope this post finds you doing well.What are your thoughts about the components of reciprocal relationships/friendships.  Personally, majority of my relationships/friendships and past marriage have been mostly one-sided, which means I feel that I was more of the giver.   I learned that I need to focus on relationships/friendships that are reciprocal.  Because I am mostly use to being the...
  • Peachie

Where do I start?

Hello anyone who will hear me
  • Batgirl

Separation blues

News from separation-land (WARNING: DEPRESSING, SO FEEL FREE TO IGNORE): Struggling right now. Separated from my husband of 11 years, who was also (before the marriage) a great friend and is no longer. So far I have been pretty successful at tuning out the whole divorce thing. I've been focusing on my daughter, my work, my own activities etc. and it really hasn't been a focus of attention for...