Life After Divorce Support Group

This community is dedicated to starting over after a divorce. With the marriage over, how do individuals begin a new chapter in their lives and what hurdles do they face? Divorce is often one of the most traumatic periods in a person's life. Studies show it is the second-most stressful event in life, after the death of a spouse.

1 Online
1 Online
  • sinclair79

Hi

Wow. I didn't realise there was a life after divorce support group here. I think that's awesome as that's the stage I'm in. Figuring out what's next! I've been lurking in the Break ups and Divorce group. Not that that's the wrong place, I just feel like I need support in the what's next portion.Anyway, wanted to say hi.
  • dylanmurphy

Moving ...

I will be on this board more as my divorce gets to the finish line. Hi. Not someplace I wanted to be, divorce. But I am going to be happy divorced guy as much I can manage. I accept where I am and am going to make the best of it, have fun with my kids and see what happens.
  • TomFil

Don't know what I'm doing

I divorced my ex a little over 4 years ago, we had argued over it for years before that, fortunately we've ended it amicable.She has a boyfriend now and i have had a couple of relationships here and there, but nothing meaningful.last year i decided to call it quits, haven't been looking at all, before that I could stnd being alone, but now that I am alone it's driving me crazy, even though I've...
  • Hey there, haven't logged in for awhile because I've made great progress in managing the feelings of sadness, anger and worry dealing with a narccistic ex husband. It has helped that about 6 months ago, we came to an agreement about a temporary residential schedule while he works out of state and things since then have been quiet.Now he may be working out of state again and the anxiety is...
  • alewis222

Cant move on

Ive been divorced for 4 years, you'd have thought that by now I would have moved on with my life, but the last four years I have been so unhappy. The strange thing is, its not cos I want to get back with my ex, but just that I feel so lonely and have not been able to forge a relationship since. Now at the age of 36 and all my friends settled with children, I cant see any future for myself. I...
  • I recently found out that my ex was engaged. The divorce was final last October, a year after we split. He moved in with her 4 months after moving out. I shouldn't be surprised, he told me he liked being married. He likes being taken care of. Why does it bother me so much? I enjoy being on my own, being accountable only for myself. We could never have gotten back together, to much had been said...
  • I can't understand why I am having such a hard time talking about important issues with my boyfriend. He's trying to be understanding, but for some reason I have problems bringing up topics that are uncomfortable.I know it's probably because I had terrible issue's in my previous marriage and I learned that it was easier to deal with things on my own then to bring them up. All he would do was...
  • I'm 47. He's 43. I don't want him, I don't respect him, being married to him for 10 years was an emotional prison. But I am riddled with jealousy over his current 3 month online relationship with a young and pretty 30 yr old woman in the Philippines. Even if she's just using him to get to this country lol. I'm also livid that he has had our 10yo daughter FaceTime with this woman that he's never...
  • Hi,I'm new here but I'm hoping someone else can understand my struggle. I have been divorced now for almost three years and that was a lonely, and mentally abusive relationship where he had an affair and a child from that affair (no kids between us). He was emotionally and intimately checked out for years and we were roommates that were just going through life but called each other husband and...
  • soon2bcatlady

Moving so fast.

I asked for a divorce in November 2015. I didn't really want a divorce I was angry. My ex husband who never wanted me to work or go to school made me feel like he was unsupportive when i did finally attend college. I started to get frustrated with him, he would interrupt me while I studied or start huge fights before major tests, I started spending more time out with friends. One night he...
  • This was forwarded to me by a friend (also a co-parent). After reading this, I find myself thankful that my ex and I both avoid these destructive behaviors. http://www.bluntmoms.com/how-to-fail-at-co-parenting-and-make-people-hate-you/
  • when my ex left me 7 years ago to be with the ow, I look comfort in the belief that they wouldn't last... but they have. She is a part of my children's lives, she has been accepted into his family... and I still struggle with bitterness and the inability to truly forgive...how can I get passed these feelings and fully accept that she is here to stay?
  • HATE HIM FUCKING HATE HIM
  • I received a phone call from my ex this morning that kicked me in an emotional sore spot. I see my child a week at a time, and on average, two of those nights are spent with grandparents on either side of the family. I was made to feel like inadequate because of this. My child loves spending time with both sets of grandparents and asks to see them every single day. In addition, on a nice...
  • I don't have plans at the moment to kill myself, but dealing with my Ex-wife has me thinking about it often. The divorce was final in Nov of 2010 and the main reason I divorced her was because of emotional and verbal abuse. The abuse was so bad on a daily basis that I now suffer from PTSD and cannot handle any form of confrontation with a woman. I have recently taken steps to limit any contact...