Lead Poisoning Support Group

Lead poisoning is a medical condition, also known as saturnism, plumbism or painter's colic, caused by increased blood serum lead levels. The symptoms of lead poisoning include neurological problems, such as reduced IQ, nausea, abdominal pain, irritability, insomnia, excess lethargy or hyperactivity, headache and, in extreme cases, seizure and coma. There are also associated gastrointestinal problems, such as constipation, diarrhea, abdominal pain, vomiting, poor appetite, weight loss. Other associated affects are anemia, kidney problems, and reproductive problems. In humans, lead toxicity often causes the formation of a bluish line along the gums, which is known as the "Burtons's line". A direct link between early lead exposure and...

0 Online
0 Online
  • Most likely first in nation to be given SSDI as a result of lead. Its long and involved and very serious what its done to me but would like to share with anyone who will listen. Have fought for 27 years for the government to tell the truth about lead.
  • I am looking for an adult who has been treated with Celation for lead poisoning. I was wondering if it worked. Or should i make out my will ?
  • phreddd

60 years ago

It's long since been removed from the market, but they used to sell Christmas tree tinsel that was pure lead. It was shiny, heavy, slinky and irresistible for one 3 or 4 year old to put in his mouth and chew on. That's what I did, all day on Christmas 1955 or '56. I can attest to the fact that lead is sweet. Sickly sweet. My parents were horrified when they caught me doing it and made me turn...
  • I failed to use protection while scraping old paint off of a shed I am going to paint. The paint (two coats) is surely pre-1978. In the beginning I tried using one of those cheap white fiber masks. Since it didn't seal to my face and it seemed like I was breathing the outside air anyway I stopped using it. I observed while I scraped and was mostly unable to detect much dust (it was probably...
  • I was eating a sandwich yesterday and found a piece of lead stuck in my teeth. I might have swallowed some of it (I don't know). Is there any danger in having a small amount of Lead in your stomach?Thanks everyone
  • Hello,I never was aware of lead paint hazards. we ave an old door painted in white where I started to remove paint. THe door is right in the middle of our apartment. I stripped approx 1,3 square meters of paint using a scrape and heat gun. after that I discovered lead hazards.The paint tested 0,14 % by woight containing lead. I did not wear any protection. I have 1,7 micro gram per deciliter in...
  • deleted_user

Anger

My daughter has recently been diagnosed with lead poisoning of 34 level. I have been in my doctor's office crying for so many visits wondering what is wrong with her as she clearly has all the classic symptoms but all that has been suspected is autism. The anger is immense and we are doing all we can. We have moved, we are seeking homeopathic assistance, a naturopathic MD for natural...
  • deleted_user

Stressful

Hello,My sister and her family purchased a home in NY about 3 years ago, and it wasn't tested for lead, unfortunately. Recently (a couple weeks ago) my 6 y/o niece was tested positive for severe lead poisoning - level 34 (level 35 being brain damage, leading to death.) Since then it has been very stressful in trying to find help. They were just given two weeks to remove all of the lead from the...
  • My 1 year old daughter was just diagnosed with lead poisoning at a level of 10. I don't how to best proceed. We first discovered that our house was full of lead dust. We assume it came throught he duct work after recent house renovations over the last 2 years. We are getting our ducts cleaned. We tore out old carpet that was in the house when we moved in and washed down every wall, molding,...
  • My 12 month old niece was just discovered to have elevated lead in her blood. After three blood tests, her number came back 16.2. We found the source of the lead in my parent's apartment. During the summer and fall the building was doing external work and the dust that came in was FILLED with lead. This is worrisome because it has been at least four months since the work was completed and I...
  • deleted_user

Oral chelation

Has anyone been able to lower their levels of lead with Chemet oral chelation? Does it work for mercury too?
  • deleted_user

chelation?

Hello, My son was diagnosed at 1 year with a lead level of 20. The problem was residual dust from a renovation. We have fixed the problem, but I have been a mess ever since. After 5 months he is now at a level of 10. I have spoken to several parents who have been through this the turtle way, and sometimes it has taken a few years for the lead to come out. Their children have turned out well....
  • deleted_user

LEAD PAINT

Hi,I just have some questions about lead paint, and I found this site so;Does anyone in this forum have/had exposure to lead paint?I have been ill, for about 4 yrs, low iron ferritin taking suppliments but not improving, have been extremly tired, lost my appitite, head aches, have trouble sleeping, or too much just generally feeling like crap. I've just been sick again and I tried looking for...
  • A year + ago I was diagnosed with Hereditary Hemochromatosis (my body absorbs too much iron due to a genetic defect). I think I treated it before causing any permanent damage. I completed the initial treatment (phlebotomies) and am now on a maintenance phlebotomy schedule. When my doctor discovered the high iron, she also I discovered I had (still have) an extremely high lead level, for which...
  • hello, my son who is almost 2 has had 3 lead tests and all came back with lead levels not normal, his most recent one (about a week ago) came back at 14, i have to take him to my local health department and get him retested this week. so my question i, what will they do if his retest come back high again. and how high is 14, i mean im so confused and have no idea what will happen. please help!