Interstitial Cystitis (IC) Support Group

Interstitial Cystitis (IC) is a urinary bladder disease of unknown cause characterised by pelvic and intense bladder pain, urinary frequency (as often as every 10 minutes), and pain with urination. It is not unusual for patients to experience nocturia and pain with sexual intercourse. IC is also known as painful bladder syndrome (PBS), particularly outside of the USA.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

Baking soda to ease flare-up?

I have heard drinking a mixture of baking soda and water will ease the pain of an ic flare up...is this true? Does anyone have the recipe (if it is true)? If this is not true, are there any suggestions that will give me some relief? Thanks so much~
  • MFehrenbach

Meal ideas while traveling

Hi! I am new to the his group and have IC.  I was in remission for a year, and this summer the flair ups started up again. I am going on an airplane flight and don't know what to pack or to ask for to eat.  Also, any restaurant recommendations?ThanksJerseygirl
  • deleted_user

There is hope

Hi....I belong to this group, but haven't been here for a good while.....the reason for that is that my IC is all but gone. What I have left is still the need to go a bit more often than normal, but not much. I got IC when I was 43 years old......and I did not see how I could stand to live. I had horrible pain, as you all know, and frequency (60 times in 24 hours)....had to be sedated to get...
  • stpaulmom

Botox for incontinence and urgency with ICAnyone

I'm scheduled for Botox injections on June 30. I'm looking for advice from anyone who's had this done. Did it work for you? Would you do it again? I'm getting nervous as it gets closer. Thanks for any input
  • MFehrenbach

I'm new to group

I'm new to this group.  I was diagnosed with IC November of 2015. After following the diet with no relief, I had some bladder installations. They seemed to help and I had no pain and was able to resume a normal lifestyle.  In the last three months the flare ups have started again.  I've tried to follow the diet as best as a I can, and have had two bladder instilations, but still no relief....
  • cbski

Looking for OBGYN with knowledge of IC

Eventually my husband and I are going to want to start a family and I am absoultely terrified of being pregnant with IC. My current OBGYN doesn't have that much knowledge with it and the OBGYN that my Urogynocologist recommended is far from us. Can anyone recommend one in the Ocean County area (NJ). Please advise. Thank you kindly!
  • jptexas

Can i.c. cause intense cramping?

Went to e.r. and still in intense pain.  I have a really bad yeast infection...which on here user can cause big flare which I am in right now.  I came home and threw up and lost bladder control.  I need a referral before I can go to urologist which I will get this week but holidays and huge flare...in meantime, any advice?
  • kindra98

Back Pain: IC flare up caused by stress

i was diagnosed 3 years ago with IC, and my trigger is stress. When I get a flare up my urethra burns so bad I can't walk, my bladder swells because of the tenseness of nerves, and at that point it triggers something in my back. My back aches so bad I almost feel paralyzed and I scream in cry in pain. If anyone expierences severe back pain from IC like I do and know how to get it to stop hurting...
  • margiegow

Its a relief to put a name to my problem

By all accounts, and prior to tests at my local hospital next week, it seems all my symptoms are IC.  Of course it is an unknown 'disease' till one searches for all their symptoms on Google, and suddenly the answers come up on screen as to why one has been feeling this way.  It is such a relief to know that the unbearable pain in my abdomen which comes occasionally but means i have to lie down...
  • SarahDawn86

New here.....pending diagnosis

For the past 3 months I have been to the doctor for urinary pain that feels like a UTI but I keep testing negative.  At my last appointment my doctor said she thinks I may have IC.  Since then, I have been doing my research online on the subject and have worked myself up about how bad this prognosis may be.  My doctor recommended trying natural remedies first before trying the prescription...
  • papelle

IC auto-immune issue? Menstral cycle? Help!

I've been diagnosed with IC for a while now but 3 cytoscopies have showed nothing wrong wiht my bladder.  The IC seems to be triggered by sex and/or orgasm and sometimes seems to be triggered with PMS symptoms.  It is not a burny feeling but more like intense pressure and feeling that I have to pee.  It can be very painful..sometimes it is minor and lasts a couple of days and sometimes I want...
  • Tom30458

My IC Jingle

I actually came up with it on Tuesday night. Why? I am not sure. I must have felt like doing another one after I had done one on Friday night. Anyhow, I think I did good. It wasn't all so hard to come up with. I might have too much free time on my hands. What do I know? I don't play any musical instruments at all. I am not known to have a good singing voice, either. If you do sing it, then it has...
  • JaffacakesandHalos99

IC

IC has taken over the last 3 years of my life. After being diagnosed with polycystic ovaries and having two procedures to remove cysts from my ovaries, I was knocked back with incredible amounts of pain that left me house bound during my final year of high school when it matteted the most! After testing and testing and scanning multiple times, I was sent to a urogyneacologist to further decide...
  • tlcha

Hello Everyone! I have had IC for 25 years.

I been dealing with the pain of IC for 25 years. Ugh! Not easy as you all know. I recently had a cystascope that showed lesions.or what could be hunters lesions. Anyone else has them. They want to do another cystascope now that 6 months has gone byto see if they are still there and take biopsy to totally rule out. Here's my question? I have had this for 25 years so not sure I want to havebiopsy...
  • MeganAudrey3

IC & GBS

Hello,I am 19 years old and have had Interstitial cystitis for 5 years. For the past 7 months I have been battling chronic infections. It started with BV, yeast, and then GBS. Now I know that GBS is not technically an infection, but mixed with my IC and vulvadynia, it cause me severe pain and frequent urination (every 10 mins). I have been in 9 rounds of  antibiotics in all different forms....