Interfaith Relationships Support Group

This community is dedicated to the challenges presented when two people of different religious backgrounds form a relationship. Mingling different religions has both positive and potentially challenging aspects, including the religious preferences of children, religious holidays and traditions, schools and religious education and potentially different moral or ethical beliefs. The terms interfaith or interfaith dialogue refer to cooperative and positive interaction between people of different religious traditions at both the individual and institutional level, leading to tolerance and mutual respect.

1 Online
  • Tayevaughn

Hello

Hey everyone, my name is Tayevaughn. I am a Christian. I currently struggle with people who disagree or don't understand my faith and practices. I currently belong to a Baptist church here in New York, and the way we practice our faith is very doctrinal. I have decided to switch denominations. I found a United Methodist church in my community that focuses on love and peace and acceptance, as they...
  • alexaraeD

Christian marrying a Muslim

I'm a female Christian and my fiancé is Muslim. My family was accepting of him when we began dating  but now that he is practing his faith more, my parents completely oppose. I'm torn between the two. I don't know what to do.. can anyone help? 
  • TayevaughnW

Lord, You're Holy

Lord, You're holy. Lord, You're Holy and we lift You up and magnify Your Name.As I look around and I see all the works Your hands have made, the awesomeness of Youand how Your love will never fade. Mere words cannot express what I feel inside, I can't even describe Your glory divine; but as a token of my love, this is what I'll do,I'll lift my hands to You.There's not enough words that I can say...
  • Jersey_of_Oz

trying to find a middle ground.

trying to find a middle ground with my husband in finding a church we can attend. How do you negotiate it in an effective way? 
  • Jersey_of_Oz

I am not alone!

I was just reading a post by ebrumm and felt encouraged in the knowledge that I am not alone. This sounds exactly like my husband and I.When I graduated from highschool and started college, I had extensive knowledge of the bible due to my mother's extremely religous family, and of pragmatic dogma and religious practices, but I had no idea how to use this or had ever heard of a personal...
  • TayevaughnW

My faith

Hey everyone, my name is Tayevaughn. I am a Christian/Messianic Jew. I am not in a relationship with anyone of a different religious belief but I currently struggle with people who disagree or don't understand my faith and practices. I honestly do love Jesus Christ, He is my Savior, so I know that many of us can get along, become friends and talkpeace and blessings
  • ebrumm

First post

My situation, as I'm about to explain it, is not nearly so drastic as most of the others I've seen on this forum. But, I still face a challenge with it. I don't wish to up-play my difficulties, as they don't compare to what many of you have to face, but I still need advice as to how to procede in my relationship. I am a christian, sort of. I was raised in the church, went to a christian school,...
  • aanishka56

Muslim/ and mixed faith relationship

Hi everyone, I'm currently dealing with an extremely hard situation. I've been in a relationship for a year now and I know it hasn't been too long, but my boyfriend and I share a beautiful relationship. We understand each other,have always been supportive of each other and most importantly see a future together. However,his parents have been continuously pressuring him to break up with me,mainly...
  • rlite8141

Muslim/agnostic relationship

Hi, I'm new to this group...I have an interfaith relationship issue which is causing me significant problems and affecting my mental health to a certain degree. Maybe somebody has some advice.Background: I come from an irreligious background and grew up with no faith. Over ten years ago I married a Muslim and we now have children. Before we married we were dating for 5 years. At that point my...
  • deleted_user

Christian/Atheist

I am a Christian and my boyfriend is an Atheist. We have been together for over a year and he is the sweetest most generous person I have ever met. We are planning on getting married and having children when I finish college and I was wondering if there was a couple like this that have children and if so how do you deal with religious views? I am a firm believer in people choosing what religion...
  • popsicle230

Christian/Agnostic Marriage

Hello all, I am so thankful to have found this website!! I met my fiance last year and there were no doubts in our minds that we were going to get married. Fast forward a year and here we are getting ready to take the plunge this january! I have found it to be very difficult to find a preacher that will marry us. I have been turned down twice and I am just so disheartened :( I feel as though my...
  • superdhupar

Indian husband, shocking revelation

Hi EveryoneLike you all, through the 10 years I have been with my Indian husband (I am white British) we have experienced many challenges.HOWEVER what has brought me to this group is something has happened that I just don't know how to deal with. 2 days ago, my husband found out that he is not 33 years old as he had thought, but is in fact 36. So he has lost three years of his life in the snap of...
  • Hi,I would love to hear from couples in a similar position. I'm looking to learn more about any struggles/obstacles or even successes along the path. Particularly, I would love to hear about the relationships with the in-laws and how people have raised their kids. A little background on me - I'm Hindu and my fiance is Syrian Christian. We've been together for the past 7 years and are getting...
  • deleted_user

looking for church accepting interfaith marriage

I am Christian woman and have been married to a Muslim man for 2 years. I have not attended church in over 10 years and would like to go back. Does anyone have suggestions on finding a church that would be accepting of the fact that my husband is Muslim? I have attended one church several times and I like it, but I'm nervous about how people will react when they find out my husband is Muslim. I...
  • Good Morning everyone! I am 25 years old, recently engaged, and of a mixed background. I am Lebanese American (father is Lebanese Muslim and mother is American). With my recent engagement, there has already been quite a bit of controversy and pressure from my fathers side of the family to have a traditional Islamic ceremony which me and my fiancee are fine with, except for the fact that he...