Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

0 Online

TSH 0.28 plz help

Hi

I have kind of strange thyroid labs. My TSH is 0.28 free T4 is 0.87 free T3 is 2.64.

I've mix of unusual relatively excessive swelling and at the same time i've obvious cold intolerance that is so strange for me. Any help please?

Replies

Salma
Salma

I want also to mention that my period is late by 4 days
mmztcass
mmztcass

Hi:

Please include the lab reference ranges for each of the tests that were done.

{{{hugs}}}
wellthyroidmom
wellthyroidmom

I was cold all the time and found that iodine helps... in particular the Iosol iodine type. Being cold is one of the symptoms of low thyroid, Here's a good symptom quiz https://www.wellnessresources.com/thyroid-quiz
energylost
energylost

Salma, I highly recommend to have your OTHER hormones checked also, that could be the problem. For me, that was the problem and once I started taking Progesterone, estrogen and testosterone, I no longer need thyroid hormones. All of the hormones work together so if one is low then the others may be low also, the body works in harmony. This may be a solution for you. I also had strange numbers so the physician recommended I see an endocrinologist. He couldn't balance my numbers either so I was the one that DEMANDED to check my other hormones so therein was the problem.

Research the symptoms for low progesterone, estrogen and testosterone. I also need testosterone because it was too hard for me to open any bottle from the store and my body felt like a ton of bricks to carry around.

Also, ADRENAL FATIGUE has the same symptoms as Hypothyroid--you might want to look up the symptoms. For me, CHRONIC stress caused all of the hormones to fall in the low range. I was under the care of 3 doctors.

The Pharmacist was the one that got me back to normal. I was expected some kind of Medical drug, nope, she gave me Adrenal Fatigue vitamins by Dr. James Wilson. He has info about Adrenal fatigue on his website along with a questionnaire on symptoms. These vitamins have kept me off all thyroid medications. When I experience they "hypo" or Adrenal symptoms I increase the intake of vitamins and I begin to feel back to normal. I'm under chronic stress so the vitamins have kept me feeling normal and not going back to being hypothyroid or Hashimoto. This may be a solution for you.

Also, I have tried Iodine and yes, it works well. It eliminates the brain fog and allows be to think more clearer, adds energy so Iodine shouldn't be taken any later than 2 p.m. or it will go to bed later than usual.

Another solution that has worked for me is BREATHING EXERCISES for the cold intolerance also. BREATHING EXERCISES help me eliminate brain fog, migraines, chronic tightness in my neck area, nauseousness, depression
Dr. Andrew Weill-Tutorial 4-7-8 breathing

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Wg-UAYGa2A
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • MelissaDNP

?? Graves / Hyperthyroidism

Hi all...I have been suffering with symptoms of hyperthyroidism since I was about 13 years old.  The "episodes" have always come about after times of severe stress or extreme hormonal changes (after pregnancy); I have a diagnosed multinodular goiter, and while pregnant, my thyroid numbers were off.  I also experience these hyper episodes after any type of immunization such as a flu shot.  My...
  • Samalam585

Thyroid Roller coaster

Good morning, im very sorry for the long post but please any insight or thoughts or just a reply ill ne happy. I'm new to this site and hopefully I'll get some replies seeing other forums didn't help understand what I'm going through. For the past 19 years I have been dealing with weight loss, seizures, depression, anxiety and all sorts of different medicines, seeing different neurologist 1 after...