Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

0 Online

New Labs! HELP!!!

T3  115               range 76-181

TSH  .015                            .49-4.70

Total T4  11.6                     4.50-12.00

free T4   1,57                              .71-1.85

I am currently on Synthroid 125 and Cytomel 10

I have joint pain and weight gain plus I am going through menopause

MY BP is 120 over 80

Problem, I gained 40 over the last few years and they say my T3 is ok and some say low

what do you think?

I tried armour but it made me sick

I think he gave me too much armour

what dose would I need?

went back to this and then some say get off cytomel but look at my T3 results

Why cant anyone figure me out!  :(  

Thanks!

Replies

MButterfly
MButterfly

First things first, K?
I don't think your doctor ran a Free t3 test. Those numbers are suspicious. Please look at the test again and see if it says Free Triiodothyronine; or if it says Total Triiodothyronine. Come on back once you clarify that, K?
MButterfly
MButterfly

So, I cannot comment on the Free T3 test until I know it's a Free T3 test, which I suspect it is NOT. I suspect it's a Total T3 test.

However, your Free T4 is sitting at 75% of range. So, you still have wiggle room on your T4 dosage (synthroid).
I think your thisclose to getting to optimal, but you're at that really uncomfortable spot where you're almost there....but not quite. Hang in there, and ask for a small uptick in the T4.
If your doctor objects, ask why....just to make sure it's not the low TSH he/she is focusing on. Then remind he/she that you're not a lab number.

PS I wouldn't switch back to armour. It's not worth it. What you're on is much easier to adjust. I think that's all you need is a small adjustment.
cute1
cute1

Thank you once again for your help. I can talk to him, I have been to several doctors and really want to get the help I need. He didn't do a free T3 which does upset me. my TSH has been low for years. It's nothing new, I have always had normal T4 and T3 yet low TSH. I also am trying to balance my hormones due to menopause. Thanks again for your help. :)
cute1
cute1

Here are my new labs
currently on 125 Synthroid and 10 Cytomel

T4 total 7.91 range 6.1-12.2
Free T3 3.6 range 2.3-4.2

TSH .034 range .340-.4.410 LOW

She wants to lower the Synthroid to 112mg and leave the Cytomel at 10

What do you think?
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • cute1

New Labs

Here are my new labs currently on 125 Synthroid and 10 Cytomel T4 total 7.91 range 6.1-12.2 Free T3 3.6 range 2.3-4.2 TSH .034 range .340-.4.410  Low free T4 1.20 range 0.9-1.6 She wants to lower the Synthroid to 112mg and leave the Cytomel at 10 What do you think?my other doctor wanted to raise me to 137 synthroid and take away cytomel! 
  • cute1

panic/manic

I have this condition.  My husband put is in dept 70,000.  He was addicted to a stripper while I was getting my masters degree.  He went for help but I will never trust him again.  When he goes out at night, I have panic attacks.  I am in dept with him and my kids have college loans and I am so scared.  There is no marriage left, he impotent due to diabetes and I don't care what he does as...