Hypothyroidism Support Group

Hypothyroidism is the disease state caused by insufficient production of thyrohormone by the thyroid gland. There are several distinct causes for chronic hypothyroidism, the most common being Hashimoto's thyroiditis and hypothyroidism following radioiodine therapy for hyperthyroidism. Advanced hypothyroidism may cause severe complications, the most serious one of which is myxedema.

0 Online

New Labs

Here are my new labs
currently on 125 Synthroid and 10 Cytomel
T4 total 7.91 range 6.1-12.2
Free T3 3.6 range 2.3-4.2
TSH .034 range .340-.4.410  Low
free T4 1.20 range 0.9-1.6
She wants to lower the Synthroid to 112mg and leave the Cytomel at 10
What do you think?

my other doctor wanted to raise me to 137 synthroid and take away cytomel!

Replies

Nina1959
Nina1959

I would lower the synthroid and keep the cytomel personally...
cute1
cute1

Thank you for your help! :)
Starsister
Starsister

Questions about thyroid. Went to my Chinese medicine doc..yesterday, also a chiropractor, as I've been having strange symptom where my system gets over stimulated ...chest pain, constricted breathing, high systolic BP, and some kind of paralysis in arms a couple of times that correspond to the chest tightness even though no cause for anxiety. I went in expecting him to give me supplements or herbs for my adrenals but he said the root problem was my thyroid. Ofcourse I've had the THS checked with every annual but always within "normal range" whoever determines that..seems to be a contraversial topic among MDs and others, so he's sold me l glutathione and Thyrosol by Metagenics which he says both should help thyroid. Has anyone tried these more natural supplements? Since I can't find doc to recognize thyroid issues, I'm curios about benefits and drawbacks compared to RX I hear many take. He says Thyroid gets weak then draws on adrenals which is why I wind up with the wired feeling or paralysis in my arms and tightness in chest. Any info on thyroid would be appreciated. New to me and frankly I don't understand most of the medical articles online
cute1
cute1

I used to take supplements but only like one. I am not sure about the ones he gave you. I will look them up. I do know the higher dose of synthroid gave me chest pain. I do best on 125 Synthroid. Any lower I feel like I need to sleep. I also take 10 cytomel. That may need an increase. For you, find a good internist or thyroid doctor in your area. It does sound like the Chiropractor is on the right track. Please I am not much help! They are all still trying to figure me out..lol.
Marsh1953
Marsh1953

I think she has it backwards.
cute1
cute1

Who has what backwards? Please explain
Nina1959
Nina1959

@megan54 - it might be best to start a fresh topic with your question :)
taking natural meds is ok, but it makes it hard to get proper test results and to get dosing correct. I'd ask for a referral to an endocrinologist if your TSH is over 2.5. Within normal limits is nonsense. I am best at a tsh of 1 to 1.5. Even at 2.5 my hair falls out and I can't get out of bed. push for a visit with an endo but like I mentioned, a fresh topic would get you more responses. Folks came here to answer cute1's question....
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Miss_TK

Insomnia sux but hi, how are you?

Where are you all from?And how did you stumble upon the DS universe? I thought it would be cool to get to know you all alil better. I'm from Auckland, New ZealandAnd I found this place coz I was looking for assistance with a relationship problem I'm having. I've posted the questions so any advice would be most helpful. Anyway, keep it real and hopefully I'll read your responses soon. Peace
  • afreshstart

My best friend

Hey everyone. I have created this group for the lesbian community.I am making this post to do a small rant. So, my best friend is straight and found out last night at our sleepover that I was reading lesbian books on wattpad. I never told her I was out as a lesbian but I feel like she knows? Anyways she is basically my dream girl but unfortunately she’s as straight as a ruler. Whereas I am not...