Hyperthyroidism Support Group

Hyperthyroidism (or "overactive thyroid gland") is the clinical syndrome featuring weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria, and sweating. Additional symptoms may include palpitations and arrhythmias (notably atrial fibrillation), dyspnea, loss of libido, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

0 Online
0 Online
  • tmhodges1983

Flare UP

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, with blood work showing consistent with Graves Disease, back in Decemeber of last year. I was put on methimazole at 20 mg a day and 40 mg of toprol a day. It worked beautifully for about 3 months, but then it was pushing me into hypo. So, I was bumped down to 10 mg of methimazole a day and 20 of the toprol. That worked for about.....uh, 3 months and now...
  • Hello FriendsI was diagnosed and treated with Hyperthyroidism about 3 years ago using Methimazole. I was finally able to get off the medication last year and was doing well. About a month ago I noticed a lot of anxiety and loss of hair. Had my blood work done and sure enough I am hyper again. The doctor ordered the Thyroid Uptake - 24 hour which was completed on Wednesday. She indicated that if...
  • cindyrenopalmer

Hyperthyroidism

My GP checked my tsh level and it was 0.008. He checked last year and was 0.011. I have dropped 35 lbs, rapid heartbeat, itchy skin and anxiety. I also have had some issues with blood sugar. I take a med for my blood pressure but had to stay on it even with weight loss. Doc referred me to an Endocrinologist, but with no insurance it not possible now.
  • Hi everyonemy appointments got shifted 1 week. Yesterday I had my ultrasound and a 3.1 cm. or 1 inch nodule was found. a single nodule but pretty big I am guessing. Got a cd, burn copy of the session and hard-copy report with be mailed to me. During the ultrasound, I knew what the results were before leaving by asking a thousand questions.... how many? how big? ect...My PCP called me 6 hours...
  • mcramer47

New Endocrinologist

After going up and down with levels, Baseline for TSH is now .58 Free t4 is fine. they didn't test Free T3 but did a T3.This, after the last endo decreased my Methimazole when level hit .3 (grrr). New endo wants uptake and scan. Still on the fence about this.Reasoning - I now have AFIB. Family doc, cardiologist and Endo think it's coming from hyperthyroidism which could very well be.So, the...
  • I am new to this site but desperately looking for support. Background info: I am female, 59 years old, on thyroid medication (currently levothroid) for 23 years because of having my thyroid removed due to papillary thyroid cancer. Had been fine on my med for years until menopause. Started to experience unusual hair growth on my body and male pattern hair growth on my head. I let it go for two...
  • I was on Armour Thyroid and stopped for a couple months because I was feeling shaky. I have Lyme Disease but doing much better. After two months of no thyroid meds, these were my numbers: FREE T3: 2.5 pg/mL (2.8-5.3 pg/mL)T4 THYROXINE, FREE: 1.0 ng/dL (0.7-1.9 ng/dL)TSH: 0.26 uIU/mL(0.40-4.70 uIU/mL)The last couple months, my hair was falling out and skin really flaky, I was always cold, plus I...
  • Hello everyone from MA. Its nice to meet all of you and from searching support groups, this sight seems to be the most comfortable so here I am.I am 50 yrs. and have been extremely fortunate to have been very healthy most of my life. 5'4 120 pounds.... that ended 6 weeks ago with my annual physical blood work showing hyper signs. Had a retest yesterday and confirmed hyper. spent most of the time...
  • The hyper has risen again causing me to go to the ER :( EKG normal but the paramedics caught the PVC'S thank goodness. My levels have went from Jan 2015 / 1.07. Then Nov 2015 / 2.79 and now Mar 2016 / 0.3 !!! Been having the skipped heart beats now for 2 weeks today and I am one tired lady :( My physical is tomorrow and I need some answers of WHY such a dramatic change in my total TSH ....
  • Hello everyone, new here and not sure of protocol,... hope this is ok to send. I have been struggling all my life with joint pain irregular bowels, fatigue moodiness and when i hit my 20's, those issues because even more pronounced. i had anemia (took iron shots), excessive menstrual bleeding, fatigue, sore bones/joints, headaches, moodiness, ( Ithought* was IBS) extreme weight gain - from 125...
  • Here's my labs done in dec when I was first diagnosed hyper. Hope I jotted down the most needed ones to get advice, After refusing RAI and insisting I wanted to try meds first,....my endoc started me on 5 mg Methimazole 3 times daily, I'm on day 8 of meds. Will have repeat labs in 4 weeks from now, Just wondering if based on my numbers anyone can tell me if the med dose seems about right?...
  • Hi everyone,... Not happy to have these thyroid issues but glad to have found you, Just diagnosed before Christmas with hyperthyroid. I have all the classic symptoms,...insomnia,internal tremors,heart racing,weightloss,...aches,...and more, basically I feel like I'm an idling car 24/7. Question,... My endoc. After plenty of tests including biopsy,.... He sat me down and said I have a hot...
  • maureenmcnair

Hair loss control

I always had a hairline from my childhood itself...But recently I have noticed that my hairline is receding, one of my friend suggest me to try Avodart for hair-loss control. It really work..It is for hair loss control in men, you will get more details here https://www.pillsforall.com/
  • ksninsky

is this hyperthyroidism

Hi, I'm a 45 year old female. And for the past 6 months, I've been suffering from anxiety/depression, more anxiety than depression, weight loss, memory/concentration difficulties, insomnia, hair thinning, vision changes.My GP dr has run blood test on me, and my TSH always comes back around .75...which they consider in the normal range.But my gyn just ran a thyroglobulin antibodies test, and it...
  • I had a bunch of labs done and my thyroid labs is thisTsh 1.130 (0.450-4.500)Free t 4 0.99 (0.82-1.77)Parathyroid 2.2 (2.0)Thyroid peroxidase 8 (0-34) I have these symptoms nervousness,fear adrenaline feeling constantly my hands has a tremor,I get dizzy off balance,heart races no appetite cold alot but hot at times my hands sweat alot but at times are cold.