Hyperthyroidism Support Group

Hyperthyroidism (or "overactive thyroid gland") is the clinical syndrome featuring weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria, and sweating. Additional symptoms may include palpitations and arrhythmias (notably atrial fibrillation), dyspnea, loss of libido, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

0 Online
  • Has anyone had to have surgery to have the ademona removed on the parathyroid gland
  • Pixie1012

Allegedly Hyperthyroid - Help!

I’ve been feeling like crap for well over a year now.  All my muscles hurting, joints in my hands and arms stiff as a board, get short of breath within a short walk from a parking lot to the door, and feeling HOT all the time. Not hot flashes, but being consistently hot like a furnace.  I chalked it up to not getting much exercise and getting older.  I’m 48.  Last month during a period of...
  • Hello. I just had baby#10 Suddenly had tachycarsia sweats tremors anxiety etc. Sorry about the run on sentences. Still shaky. Here are my labs. I am post partum 9 weeks. 7/21 TSH 0.01...FT4 4.3 8/1 TSH 0.01 TSI 150 OUT OF 140 AND ft4 4.1 8/10 TSH 0.01 FT4 4.6 T3 495 OUT OF 190 AND THIS QAS THE FIRST TSION 30 MG 3 TIMES A DAY OF PROPRANOLOL. SOMETIMES HELPS. Helps the heart not the shakes....
  • sydsmom9

scared very high free t4 and low TSH

I have an appointment on Friday with an endocrinologist.I went to my regular doctor for an annual physical and got some routine blood work done. I do have a pain in the front of neck, but the doctor did not think anything of it. The blood testing was done 10 days ago and I have TSH 0.014 ( 0.450-4.500)T4, free direct 5.38 (0.8 - 1.77).There was a standard recommendation to go see...
  • JRZgirltw

new to dx

Hi i new to the group and reclenty dx with graves and hyper,  i belong to a wounderful group on face book  https://www.facebook.com/groups/FTWOGravesDisease/.
  • JaeF

Need Advice NOW!!

I was just diagnosed with hyperthyroidism. TSH .01, Free T4 2.4, Free T3 8.1. T3 qnd T4 are up significantly in the last 6 weeks. My main symptoms were excessive heat, headache, and just feeling "wierd". I really thought I was going to hear that my levels had normalized when I went in last week because I haven't been sweating like before and felt better. Now the doctor wants to immediately...
  • tmhodges1983

Flare UP

I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism, with blood work showing consistent with Graves Disease, back in Decemeber of last year.  I was put on methimazole at 20 mg a day and 40 mg of toprol a day.  It worked beautifully for about 3 months, but then it was pushing me into hypo.  So, I was bumped down to 10 mg of methimazole a day and 20 of the toprol.  That worked for about.....uh, 3 months and...
  • keepthefaithforever

Help with Hyperthyroidism

Hello FriendsI was diagnosed and treated with Hyperthyroidism about 3 years ago using Methimazole. I was finally able to get off the medication last year and was doing well. About a month ago I noticed a lot of anxiety and loss of hair. Had my blood work done and sure enough I am hyper again. The doctor ordered the Thyroid Uptake - 24 hour which was completed on Wednesday. She indicated that if...
  • cindyrenopalmer

Hyperthyroidism

My GP checked my tsh level and it was 0.008. He checked last year and was 0.011. I have dropped 35 lbs, rapid heartbeat, itchy skin and anxiety. I also have had some issues with blood sugar. I take a med for my blood pressure but had to stay on it even with weight loss. Doc referred me to an Endocrinologist, but with no insurance it not possible now.
  • Hi everyonemy appointments got shifted 1 week. Yesterday I had my ultrasound and a 3.1 cm. or 1 inch nodule was found. a single nodule but pretty big I am guessing. Got a cd, burn copy of the session and hard-copy report with be mailed to me. During the ultrasound, I knew what the results were before leaving by asking a thousand questions.... how many? how big? ect...My PCP called me 6 hours...
  • mcramer47

New Endocrinologist

After going up and down with levels, Baseline for TSH is now .58 Free t4 is fine. they didn't test Free T3 but did a T3.This, after the last endo decreased my Methimazole when level hit .3 (grrr). New endo wants uptake and scan. Still on the fence about this.Reasoning - I now have AFIB. Family doc, cardiologist and Endo think it's coming from hyperthyroidism which could very well be.So, the...
  • oh4summer

hyperthyroid and rare ovarian tumor

I am new to this site but desperately looking for support. Background info: I am female, 59 years old, on thyroid medication (currently levothroid) for 23 years because of having my thyroid removed due to papillary thyroid cancer. Had been fine on my med for years until menopause. Started to experience unusual hair growth on my body and male pattern hair growth on my head. I let it go for two...
  • maryannie

Newbie numbers & symptoms

I was on Armour Thyroid and stopped for a couple months because I was feeling shaky. I have Lyme Disease but doing much better. After two months of no thyroid meds, these were my numbers: FREE T3: 2.5 pg/mL (2.8-5.3 pg/mL)T4 THYROXINE, FREE: 1.0 ng/dL (0.7-1.9 ng/dL)TSH: 0.26 uIU/mL(0.40-4.70 uIU/mL)The last couple months, my hair was falling out and skin really flaky, I was always cold, plus I...
  • berkshiregirl

Brand new Hyper and confused

Hello everyone from MA. Its nice to meet all of you and from searching support groups, this sight seems to be the most comfortable so here I am.I am 50 yrs. and have been extremely fortunate to have been very healthy most of my life. 5'4 120 pounds.... that ended 6 weeks ago with my annual physical blood work showing hyper signs. Had a retest yesterday and confirmed hyper. spent most of the time...
  • momshere

PVC'S severe at night !!!

The hyper has risen again causing me to go to the ER :( EKG normal but the paramedics caught the PVC'S thank goodness. My levels have went from Jan 2015 / 1.07. Then Nov 2015 / 2.79 and now Mar 2016 / 0.3 !!! Been having the skipped heart beats now for 2 weeks today and I am one tired lady :( My physical is tomorrow and I need some answers of WHY such a dramatic change in my total TSH ....