Hyperthyroidism Support Group

Hyperthyroidism (or "overactive thyroid gland") is the clinical syndrome featuring weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria, and sweating. Additional symptoms may include palpitations and arrhythmias (notably atrial fibrillation), dyspnea, loss of libido, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

0 Online
  • etto

Struggling

Does anyone have coping methods that work for hyperthyroid symptoms? My appointment with the endocrinologist isn't until March 20th and I am struggling to make it through each day. My ultrasound came back normal, but my thyroid panel was overactive. 
  • Kiwigal

Pregnancy and hyperthyroidism

Hi I'm new here. Need some advice. Found out while I was pregnant that I had hyperthyroidism, unfortunately pregnancy ended in miscarriage. Am on meds now and want to try for another baby. Anyone have a healthy pregnancy and baby on medication? Other option is surgery but my thyroid was fine before pregnancy and want to try on the meds first? Any stories experience would be greatly appreciated....
  • Susan72

Looking for questions to ask.

Hey folks,I'm looking for a little direction.  I have been fighting high, low, high readings for years.  Now, I'm biting the proverbial bullet and taking Methimazole.  (just got it today.)  I am 44, active, and don't have any typical symptoms of a hyperthryoid.  I am overweight.  I have struggled off/on with depression and do have high BP.  But, all in all, rather enjoying life.  My endo...
  • roziers4

Holistic therapies

have any of you had success adding holistic therapies to help with your condition?   Either herbal supplements,      Reiki, acupuncture, etc.?   How about dietary changes like gluten free?   
  • Yoli66

Hyperthyroidism! Why me?

I am 50 years old and just found out I have hyperthyroidism.  I feel very down.  I got sick almost 3 weeks ago and had no idea what was going on. It started with pain in my neck and then it got so swollen that I couldn't swallow.  Then, I had a hard time eating, fever, aches and pains, frequent bowel movements and an awful headache.  I weighed 157 and I'm currently 148.  I don't know...
  • gossipgirlxoxo

Just need to talk

I was diagnoised with hyperthydroidism when I was 9. I'm turing 18. I have never been a part of a support group until my friends were worried about me. They don't know about this and I'm hoping it will help me. I have nobody who understands me. I was bullied about my weight. I don't sleep anymore. I get really bad panic attacks. If someone knows anything that will help me get through this, please...
  • Godsgirl

Just found out that I'm hyperthyroid

Hi everyone I've never been part of an online support group before so hope I'm doing this right. Last July I wasn't feeling well so I went to the doctor and they did much blood work and also diagnosed me high blood pressure. Put me medicine which wasn't lowering the BP. At the same time they told me my TSH T4 and T3 were normal but my antibodies were very high. Anti-thyroglobulin was 353.1 range...
  • vessfrye

Positivity is needed

Hi,I am not sure I am going to say anything that hasn't been said before. I am a 30 year old, formerly fit and active man. I dropped 15 pounds in a few months and have developed every symptom for hyperthyroidism under the sun. The worst, by far, are the mental degradation and crushing depression. Over the last year I went from being outgoing and fun to isolating myself and rarely finding...
  • sexymom04

tired and confused

Hi everyone, I'm a 45 year old mom of 4 and step mom to 3 ( only 2 live with us, thank god lol).I've been hyperthyroid for years but was always symptomatic.  Two weeks ago I saw my family doctor to have my iron checked as I had been anemic, while she did the test she checked my TSH and low and behold, my iron is good by my TSH is low and I didn't realize that I was having symptoms that were...
  • deleted_user

I'm afraid to take PTU

Hi. I just joined this group today (thanks, SmilerDeb). Recently diagnosed with Moderate Hyperthyroid. 1st Endo wanted to ablate immediatley. 2nd Endo gave me PTU, 50mg, 2 times a day, and I'm afraid to take it!! Anyone who has experience with PTU, please share with me!Thank you, Shari
  • snapdragon

Blue Horizon Test

Would really appreciate any comments on my normal BH Thyroid test please  (Doctors Thyroid test normal too)TSH 1.84 (0.27 - 4.20)   T4Total 117.3  (64.5 - 142.0)   FreeT4 21.13 (12 - 22)   FreeT3 3.74 (3.1 - 6.8)History of Me/ insomnia/ hallucinations/itchy red palms & soles of feet/Heart racing & palpitations but then past few monthe aches in joints, weakness, legs like jelly, hot then...
  • Angelia40

I have a hyperthyroidism ademona have ro have suge

Has anyone had to have surgery to have the ademona removed on the parathyroid gland
  • Pixie1012

Allegedly Hyperthyroid - Help!

I’ve been feeling like crap for well over a year now.  All my muscles hurting, joints in my hands and arms stiff as a board, get short of breath within a short walk from a parking lot to the door, and feeling HOT all the time. Not hot flashes, but being consistently hot like a furnace.  I chalked it up to not getting much exercise and getting older.  I’m 48.  Last month during a period of...
  • Runwildmoonchild10

Is this really post partum thyroiditis

Hello. I just had baby#10 Suddenly had tachycarsia sweats tremors anxiety etc. Sorry about the run on sentences. Still shaky. Here are my labs. I am post partum 9 weeks. 7/21 TSH 0.01...FT4 4.3 8/1 TSH 0.01 TSI 150 OUT OF 140 AND ft4 4.1 8/10 TSH 0.01 FT4 4.6 T3 495 OUT OF 190 AND THIS QAS THE FIRST TSION 30 MG 3 TIMES A DAY OF PROPRANOLOL. SOMETIMES HELPS. Helps the heart not the shakes....
  • sydsmom9

scared very high free t4 and low TSH

I have an appointment on Friday with an endocrinologist.I went to my regular doctor for an annual physical and got some routine blood work done. I do have a pain in the front of neck, but the doctor did not think anything of it. The blood testing was done 10 days ago and I have TSH 0.014 ( 0.450-4.500)T4, free direct 5.38 (0.8 - 1.77).There was a standard recommendation to go see...