Hyperthyroidism Support Group

Hyperthyroidism (or "overactive thyroid gland") is the clinical syndrome featuring weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria, and sweating. Additional symptoms may include palpitations and arrhythmias (notably atrial fibrillation), dyspnea, loss of libido, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

0 Online
  • Devon32

My hyperthyroidism is becoming nightmare

Between the sweat , joint pain, no sleep, no interest ,can't walk long distance  get tired easily and tremor , discharge ,long period I don't know I coming and going. Especially  in sex department.  Anybody got in suggestions 
  • Ashleystired

Confussed

I'm 23 years old. I'm 5ft and i weigh 82-92lbs!! I've tried everything to gain weight even drinking ensures but nothing seems to work. I have terrible cystic dry acne. I wash my face 2x a day with black African soap, and use witch hazel as a toner. I'm always nauseas and move my bowels like 6x a day.. I always feel constipated and like I have to have diarrhea at the same time, I pee at least once...
  • mvasz89

Er dr suggested a psychiatrist , 2in cyst on thy

Hello all!I'm just wondering if any one has cyst on their thyroid.In an ultrasound they found a 2in cyst on my thyroid. My gp said it shouldn't be the culprit of my hyper symptoms.Palpitations, chest pain, feeling like I can't breath, or swallow right. sweatiness, tightness of limbs, near syncope. Flushing of body, constant shakes, tremors, Hoarseness of voice & weightloss.She did 1 thyroid test...
  • Wildflower1233

So Confused! Help!

Ok so here are my lab results from the endocrinologist. TSH 0.589  Range 0.450 to 4.500Thyroxine T4 6.1  Range 4.5 to 12T3 Uptake 24  Range 24 to 39Free Thyroxide Index 1.5  Range 1.2 to 4.9T3 101  Range 71 to 180TPOAB Thyroid Peroxidase 13 Range 0 to 34Thyroglobulin Antibody  
  • debwis39

Question about labs

• Jack.A

Hyper I am

Hi everyone, I am 25 years old and currently living in the Philippines. I was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism for a year and a month. I got a bulging eye, always palpitated, shaking  hands, and can't have enough sleep. I took the meds but cant stop drinking coffee due to the nature of work. I felt like frustrated and disappointed with myself since i felt like i was not cured but got worse
  • Wildflower1233

Scared

I have all the symptoms of hyperthyroidism but I'm not sure if I do actually have it. I have an endocrinologist appointment this coming Friday. I'm really scared as to what they might find.
  • Wildflower1233

Thyroid Test Results

Can anyone give me insight on these tests results I had done last month? T3 Utake is 24 Range is 24 to 39TSH is 1.020 Range is 0.450 to 4.500Free T4 is 1.35 Range is 0.82 to 1.77I feel I have all the symptoms of a thyroid problem but not too sure about these results. These are just from my primary doctor. Not an endocrinologist.
  • Wildflower1233

Scared and don't know what to do

I have been having health issues since the beginning of this year. From anxiety, panic attacks and depression to loosing almost 20 lbs in 4 months and not having an appetite to loosing intereat in daily things. I'm scared that if I continue this way I am going to die. I've researched hyperthyroidism a ton and believe that I suffer from all the signs and symptoms. Am I wrong? Is something else...
  • tfjack

Newly Diagnosis and Overwhelmed

Good day,I have been riddled with health issues for the last year and a half and no one could find the "culprit".  I have had heart catherization, lung and muscle biopsies, and all things in between.  If you were to stick a water hose in my mouth, I would probably turn into a sprinkler.One of 3 cardiologist discovered that my TSH was extremely low and referred me to an endo dr.  My endo dr...
  • feelingblah

Feeling anxious, looking for someone to talk to.

I recently went to an urgent care and had some blood tests done to determine if I have hyperthyroidism. I've been feeling very anxious ever since. I've had issues with anxiety for awhile and this is making it so much worse. They said it'll take a day or two to get my blood tests back. They actually got them today and I'm just waiting for the doctor to get in and review them. I was prescribed a...
  • raeni

bulging eyes

hi everyone,im 27/f and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism back in november and have been put on methimazole. one of the first symptoms people noticed was my left eye. it started to bulge. its gotten better since ive been put on meds altho its still a little noticeable. ive also gotten really puffy eye bags that make me look like ive cried every night even tho i havent and it doesnt go away. it...
  • cherylotr

Hypo, Hyper.......confused and a mess

Hello, I was diagnosed hypo in 2005.  I had experienced hyper episodes through the years.This year was the worst though.  Hair loss, anxiety, tachycardia, high blood pressure, insomnia and eye issues with slight eye bulge left eye.  I went off my synthroid in early January due to hyper symptoms, my TSH went up to 3.26 in Feb.  I went to ER march 17th admitted with chest pain and tachy.  My...
  • Juniper1

Carbimazole dosage

Hi there!I have just been diagnosed with Graves a week ago, I have all the symptoms except massive weight loss (of course!) and it totally sucks, especially high hr and anxiety. My numbers areTSH >0.01, T4 79 T3 38 I was told my numbers are really high, I have been put on 40mg carb split twice a day. I am on my 4th day, I have been feeling better and hopeful except in the late afternoon early...
  • TwoBoyz

Help with Test Results

Hi folks -Not sure if this is the best place to post - if you think it might be best somewhere else, please let me know!  I posted in the hypo group, too.  I have a complicated symptom history that includes unexplained hair loss (on head and body) and unintentional weight loss and inability to gain no matter how much I eat.  My thyroid has been tested hundreds of times at this point.  Anyway,...