Hyperthyroidism Support Group

Hyperthyroidism (or "overactive thyroid gland") is the clinical syndrome featuring weight loss (often accompanied by a ravenous appetite), fatigue, weakness, hyperactivity, irritability, apathy, depression, polyuria, and sweating. Additional symptoms may include palpitations and arrhythmias (notably atrial fibrillation), dyspnea, loss of libido, nausea, vomiting, and diarrhea.

0 Online
  • cherylotr

Hypo, Hyper.......confused and a mess

Hello, I was diagnosed hypo in 2005.  I had experienced hyper episodes through the years.This year was the worst though.  Hair loss, anxiety, tachycardia, high blood pressure, insomnia and eye issues with slight eye bulge left eye.  I went off my synthroid in early January due to hyper symptoms, my TSH went up to 3.26 in Feb.  I went to ER march 17th admitted with chest pain and tachy.  My...
  • Juniper1

Carbimazole dosage

Hi there!I have just been diagnosed with Graves a week ago, I have all the symptoms except massive weight loss (of course!) and it totally sucks, especially high hr and anxiety. My numbers areTSH >0.01, T4 79 T3 38 I was told my numbers are really high, I have been put on 40mg carb split twice a day. I am on my 4th day, I have been feeling better and hopeful except in the late afternoon early...
  • TwoBoyz

Help with Test Results

Hi folks -Not sure if this is the best place to post - if you think it might be best somewhere else, please let me know!  I posted in the hypo group, too.  I have a complicated symptom history that includes unexplained hair loss (on head and body) and unintentional weight loss and inability to gain no matter how much I eat.  My thyroid has been tested hundreds of times at this point.  Anyway,...
  • Caliteacher

Heart rate 156

I have been battling with hyper thyroidism for over a year. Before I was diagnosed I remember being very fatigued, even climbing up a flight of stairs was so difficult. Seriously I though I was dying from some crazy disease. The first month of my diagnosis I lost 50 pounds and everyone thought I was dying. If I walked a lap around the track I'd lose two pounds over night. It was crazy. I started...
  • Nik

Hyperthy

Hello,I am New to this support group and newly diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism. it's been a week since my diagnosis and habe been worried since. I have no idea as of what to expect from this. I joined this group for support and insight from others going through this. 
  • raeni

bulging eyes

hi everyone,im 27/f and was diagnosed with hyperthyroidism back in november and have been put on methimazole. one of the first symptoms people noticed was my left eye. it started to bulge. its gotten better since ive been put on meds altho its still a little noticeable. ive also gotten really puffy eye bags that make me look like ive cried every night even tho i havent and it doesnt go away. it...
  • Djoucegirl

Guidance

Hi, I was diagnosed with hyperT at the end of November and was put on 40mg of carbamizole and 80 mg propananol (am in Ireland).  am off the bb and down to 20/ 5mg of carb. Bloating seems to be  never ending since january and am depressed/ tired / lacking in motivation with muzzy head and low levels of concentration.  was misdiagnosed twice in 2015/16 and had chronic symptoms as a result. Had...
  • Kattuh

Should I ask Endo to up PTU dose?

Hi everyone! I'm new here and happy to have joined a wonderful group. I'm Katt from the Philippines and I was diagnosed just yesterday. It's my FT4 that's up (16 something from the normal 6-12ish) while my FT3 is slightly lower and my TSH on the lower side of normal. My symptoms were dizziness followed by rapid heartbeat after 2 weeks. Can't sleep as well. GP put me on PTU 50mg 1x a day, and beta...
  • HelloLife

Newly Diagnosed

Today i got diagnosed with Hyperthyroidism caused by Grave's disease! I really hate to even believe i have it! My numbers are not so bad...so the doctor prescribed Methimazole 2.5mg (half of 5mg). I'm hoping (praying) that it will balance my numbers back to normal as we all are! I also take Vitamin 3D- 2000 daily, i eat pretty healthy (recently started to eat more gluten free), i exercise 5-6 x...
  • Angela98

Confused!

Hi! I'm 19 and I was diagnosed with hyperthyroid 4 years ago...First 2 years have been literally hell for me! After 2 years I started feeling a little better but nothing so special, since I was so young(and I still am) I was so tired and lazy of taking medications, I even started to forget taking it so i stopped...after a month without medications I felt bad again, in the meantime I was moving to...
  • gossipgirlxoxo

Just need to talk

I was diagnoised with hyperthydroidism when I was 9. I'm turing 18. I have never been a part of a support group until my friends were worried about me. They don't know about this and I'm hoping it will help me. I have nobody who understands me. I was bullied about my weight. I don't sleep anymore. I get really bad panic attacks. If someone knows anything that will help me get through this, please...
  • etto

Struggling

Does anyone have coping methods that work for hyperthyroid symptoms? My appointment with the endocrinologist isn't until March 20th and I am struggling to make it through each day. My ultrasound came back normal, but my thyroid panel was overactive. 
  • Susan72

Looking for questions to ask.

Hey folks,I'm looking for a little direction.  I have been fighting high, low, high readings for years.  Now, I'm biting the proverbial bullet and taking Methimazole.  (just got it today.)  I am 44, active, and don't have any typical symptoms of a hyperthryoid.  I am overweight.  I have struggled off/on with depression and do have high BP.  But, all in all, rather enjoying life.  My endo...
  • Yoli66

Hyperthyroidism! Why me?

I am 50 years old and just found out I have hyperthyroidism.  I feel very down.  I got sick almost 3 weeks ago and had no idea what was going on. It started with pain in my neck and then it got so swollen that I couldn't swallow.  Then, I had a hard time eating, fever, aches and pains, frequent bowel movements and an awful headache.  I weighed 157 and I'm currently 148.  I don't know...
  • Godsgirl

Just found out that I'm hyperthyroid

Hi everyone I've never been part of an online support group before so hope I'm doing this right. Last July I wasn't feeling well so I went to the doctor and they did much blood work and also diagnosed me high blood pressure. Put me medicine which wasn't lowering the BP. At the same time they told me my TSH T4 and T3 were normal but my antibodies were very high. Anti-thyroglobulin was 353.1 range...