Homeschooling Support Group

This community is dedicated to parents, educators, and students involved with home schooling. Home schooling - also called home education or home school - is the education of children at home, typically by parents or guardians, rather than in a public or private school. If you have chosen to provide education to your children at home, join the group and get support.

0 Online
  • brookewilliams02

Curriculum?

what’s the best curriculum for a 10yr old boy with adhd and ocd that likes to be hands on?
  • rhwhitmore2001

This fall will be her 1st year in public school

For the last 3 years, we've homeschooled our daughter and she's starting public school this fall for the first time. We got her tested for ADHD last fall and are trying to get her on the right dose of medication. I'm concerned she's not going to like public school because she is used to the way she's been home schooled. I really want her to like it and do good like I know she can, but I'm...
  • tbbrandyn

need some advice ple

I have been homeschooling my son for over a year now. He was in public school and after he was having troule and failing, i went to the school to see what we could do for him to get him back on track. They said that they would send in to get him tested to see if he needed special classes. He ended up failing the 4th grade and had to repeat it. Well after 6 months of waiting he came home with his...
  • bonnieboo11

Hi, I'm new here and need some advice

Hi, I have a daughter grade 6 who has hated school since kindergarten.She has anxiety disorder and ADHD.She is sick all the time,mostly anxiety though and last year missed 43 days of school.This has been going on since the start.Every year 30 plus days absent and when she is there she is at the nurse.She is begging me not to make her go to school and her doctors and therapist is telling me...
  • lost_soul

Want to homeschool my 14 yr old.

Hello. I'm wanting to homeschool my 14 yr. old who is still in public school but not sure where to start. I guess I can go to the library. I can't afford to buy books or chrome books. They use chrome books in her school. Does anyone know of good websites? I enrolled her in Discovery K 12 a couple yrs ago but she ended up wanting to stay in public school. Guess I can try that again. How do I pull...
  • PaleOxymoron

I just joined.

I just made this account.  I'm a single 26 year old mother of a 5 year old boy who I'm homeschooling.  He's in Kindergarten right now.  I'm disabled, so I do not have a job, but I am a couple of family members' caretakers.
  • Beryl367

Starting up again??

Hi Everyone.I just wondered how others are doing??  Are you following the public school year in your are and starting up again the end of August or the beginniong of September??What is the thing you're most looking forward to this year? For us we're taking a nybrid approach and going to be attending (public) school part time and then doing other subjects at home. My son is looking forward to...
  • herdepression

Curriculum: Homeschooling Curriculum Video

Hi there! Thanks for letting me be a part of this support group. I have homeschooled for 12+ years now and hope to encourage and to be encouraged. I recently made a YouTube about our homeschool curriculum, would ya like to watch, it's under 12 minutes @ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAOTg89doA4You can also check out my profile here or read my 1st journal entry to link to my YouTube channel.So,...
  • Jleemurpa

A question about my son

Not sure if this is the place to ask this question, but here goes. My 13 year old son has had behavior issues in school for the last couple of years. Last year was horrible when he kept challenging teachers on various topics, calling one of them stupid and so on. His problem is he is bored. He is reading on a college level and far advanced academically then his age group but socially he is...
  • Beryl367

We have finished school (for the year)

We are done with schoo uhlWe are done with schoo uhlWe are done with schoo uhl yeah!We are done with schoo uhlWe are done with schoo uhlWe are done with schoo uhl yeah!Hi.We have finished school for the year - actually just today. So, how are others doing??Will you hold classes through the summer? Or, take some time off?? If you're done too, feel free to sing the song and add a silly dance :)
  • brookewilliams02

Has anyone used Abeka?

Hello, I will be homeschooling one of my sons next school year. I am trying to decide on what curriculum I want to order. I know what works for one family doesn't necessarily work for the next, just as what works for one kid in a family doesn't always work for all kids in a family. I am really liking what I have read about abeka. Was just wanted to hear what people who have used it think about...
  • brookewilliams02

Abeka vs My Fathers Wolrd?

Hello, quick question. I have an 8 year old son that will be in the 2nd grade next year. I will be homeschooling him. He is a kinesthetic learner. Does anyone know which of these two curriculums would be the best fit? Thanks
  • brookewilliams02

Should I homeschool my son?

Hello, My son is 8 and has severe ADHD. He is finishing up his second year in the 1st grade. We suspected that he had ADHD around the age of 3. He was such a good baby. He started with the excessive energy and behaviors around the age of 15 months. I often wonder if his accident on the stairs and hitting his head has anything to do with his ADHD. I have had ADD my whole life so im sure some of it...
  • mamoth

???

Has this group been abandoned?
  • deleted_user

New

Hello all,I am a mother of two girls 4 and 7. I have been able to teach my girls only part time (due to grad school)one hour during the weekday and three hours during the weekend. I would like some pointers on how I can increase their learning with a limited amount of time? Within a year or two I would like to home school my girls full time. I am unsure of how to do this transition please help....