Hemochromatosis Support Group

Hemochromatosis is a hereditary disease characterized by improper processing by the body of dietary iron which causes iron to accumulate in a number of body tissues, eventually causing organ dysfunction. It is the main iron overload disorder. Hemochromatosis is notorious for having symptoms that are often initially misattributed to other diseases.

0 Online
0 Online

No iron/no vitamin C multivitamins

Anyone know of any no iron/no vit c multivitamins?

Replies

YREKADC
YREKADC

i take a b complex that has neither. i also take omega 3, vit e, magnezium and zink. i got in the habit of reading labels... not that i always understand it but i read them anyway.....
i can't take a vit d due to kidney stones that seem to plague me..same with vit c..(bad for both hh and ks)
i hope that helps a tiny teeny bit... dc
GidgetD
GidgetD

I take One a day carb smart and it does have vitimin C in it because I do not eat fruits much so I need my Vit C. If you take Vitm C without iron it is not going to increase iron absorption. Sometimes I think Drs. should explain things a little better, going without Vit C is not very good for the body. But if your a healthy eater is doesn't really matter as long as you seperate the intake of iron and Vit C.
jbelar
jbelar

Yeah, I understand about the vitamin C thing. I am pretty sure I get plently in my diet so taking extra probably isn't a good idea for my case. Thanks for the advice.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I'm not aware about the exact contains (i.e vitamins & minerals), But the one that my elder sister is taking right now is the MX Womens Multi-vitamins. It's proven by my sister in helping her to reduce the signs of aging and fight menopause symptoms. It offers also the various health benefits that a woman like her need to stay healthy and live a long life.