Hemochromatosis Support Group

Hemochromatosis is a hereditary disease characterized by improper processing by the body of dietary iron which causes iron to accumulate in a number of body tissues, eventually causing organ dysfunction. It is the main iron overload disorder. Hemochromatosis is notorious for having symptoms that are often initially misattributed to other diseases.

0 Online

No iron/no vitamin C multivitamins

Anyone know of any no iron/no vit c multivitamins?

Replies

YREKADC
YREKADC

i take a b complex that has neither. i also take omega 3, vit e, magnezium and zink. i got in the habit of reading labels... not that i always understand it but i read them anyway.....
i can't take a vit d due to kidney stones that seem to plague me..same with vit c..(bad for both hh and ks)
i hope that helps a tiny teeny bit... dc
GidgetD
GidgetD

I take One a day carb smart and it does have vitimin C in it because I do not eat fruits much so I need my Vit C. If you take Vitm C without iron it is not going to increase iron absorption. Sometimes I think Drs. should explain things a little better, going without Vit C is not very good for the body. But if your a healthy eater is doesn't really matter as long as you seperate the intake of iron and Vit C.
jbelar
jbelar

Yeah, I understand about the vitamin C thing. I am pretty sure I get plently in my diet so taking extra probably isn't a good idea for my case. Thanks for the advice.
deleted_user
deleted_user

I'm not aware about the exact contains (i.e vitamins & minerals), But the one that my elder sister is taking right now is the MX Womens Multi-vitamins. It's proven by my sister in helping her to reduce the signs of aging and fight menopause symptoms. It offers also the various health benefits that a woman like her need to stay healthy and live a long life.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • nana012

I have cancer

I had to have a lung biopsy, and I have cancer. A very rare form that doesn't have any standard treatment. There just isn't a lot of case history for this. It is epithelioid hemangio endothelioma. The cancer support group doesn't talk every day. I can understand why. I'm waiting for the oncologist to call back for an appointment, and will hear in the next few days. Who knew. Ha!
  • Urlacher

Support from family

It's so hard dealing with pain especially when you don't get any support from the person who your supposed to be closest to. So hard when your trying to deal with pain and that person treats you worse than the pain. Having hard time understanding why. unless you are having a good Day you are treated like crap and they make you feel worthless.