Hand & Foot Abnormalities Support Group

Hand and limb abnormalities are varied and can range from partial duplication of a finger to a missing or deformed limb. One of the more common such abnormalities is clubfoot. There is research being done to better understand the causes. If you are coping with a hand or foot abnormality, join the group to find support and get advice.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

Congenital Hand Anomalies

Hey everyone,My youngest son was born what a congenital hand anomaly on his left hand. He doesn't have any digits, but he has a thumb which is very fortunate. I came here for support and new information about this condition. I've been to Shriner's Hospital, but they said there is nothing they can do other than remove his nubums. I didn't think it was right for me to have them removed, because...
  • Beaumont

Small Hands & Feet

I am a man with really small hands and feet.It's embarrassing when I have to shake hands with men and women who have normal size hands.Most people have hands about twice the size of mine, fingers nearly twice as long.I can type and do other things just like anyone else, so it's only in appearance that I feel freakish.Anyone else here like this?
  • bluesyone

Dry hand problem

I don't know if this is the right forum. I couldn't find anything for dry skin conditions, so I guessed and went here because it's a dry skin condition on my hands and wrists. So, first off, if you know a forum that'll help me, please direct me there.So, every winter I have this terrible skin condition on my hands and wrists. It starts with the skin becoming dry, then it cracks into tiny...
  • I am in my early 30s and in September of 2013 I was doing a lot of walking on uneven roadat which point I felt a snap in my big left toe. The snap/pain was most apparent on the right side of the toe. Within about 5-10 minutes the right side/a good portion of the big toe went numb.The next day, I could start to feel the toe but it was numb on/off for about a week. Ever since this has occurred...
  • MeandRobby

Club foot anyone?

I am 40 years old with a club foot. At the time I was born, I had so many other problems that they pretty much just left my foot alone. I have spent my whole life hiding my ugly foot. It has prevented me from a lot of things like swimming, wearing flip flops, etc... I saw another post on here where a lady was pregnant and thought her baby had club feet but these posts were over a year ago. I am...
  • deleted_user

What is this thing on my foot?

Hi everyone! Im not exactly sure if this is even appropriate on this board, but I have to try. I have had this very painful bump on my foot for the past few months. It hurts so bad if I accidentally step on it(its almost right in the middle of the top of my foot) I will fall flat to the ground from the pain. Because of where it is at I have to shift my weight to the outside of my foot, so Im...
  • deleted_user

candida

hidoes anyone have this and how do you deal with it?thanks..coonsanders
  • Joe100

Athletes Foot

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FluconazoleI tried everything -- but today I went to a skin doctor and he gave me the above pills. I'll let you know how it goes, but I'm told it will solve the problem quickly.I'm hoping.
  • deleted_user

Those can't be my feet!

I was born literally with my feet on backwards. I suffered for I've years as they were slowly moved into place. I had chronic breaks and was pulled out of all athletics as a kid. I was the strange one. Now looking back and looking at what I am working with, I wish I had been amputated..I admit that sounds harsh but to live life without fear of breaking would be amazing. I recently snapped my...
  • PinkAnything09

Metatarsal Osteotomy

Has anyone on here ever undergone one? I am scheduled to have one on bones 2-4, extract 2 nerves, and have pins/screws put in. Just wondering what type of recovery any of you have experienced? To answer anyones questions about what my issue is, my 3rd metatarsal is too long, and some others are too close together, creating lots of pain in the ball of my foot that radiates up my calf sometimes and...
  • nicolas2

Dupuytren's Disease/Contracture

Any others have this genetic condition? I have recent successful experience of needle fibrotomy - simple procedure in doctor's office, followed by exercises. am aware finger contraction can recur, as the disease as such is not curable. Syndrome said to come from the Vikings.....
  • deleted_user

naroma

hihas anyone has this problem and what did you do about it?coonsanders
  • deleted_user

feet question

hi gang recently i learned as we get older our feet change in size..case in point iwent from a size 9and a half d to a size 10 ff..now this is in boot sizes..i can still wear size 9 in a half d shoes..my question is how more can my feet change in terms of shoe size as i age?has anyone here had this issue?thankscoonsanders
  • deleted_user

Heel Abnormality, Flat feet, Weak ankles & kne

Hello everyone. I'm a 23 year old guy, very active (ice hockey, rock climbing, swimming, and a ton of volunteering). I recently went to the podiatrist because the pain I've felt in my feet since I was a kid has increased. He felt my feet and watched me walk, and noted that I have two out-turned feet and weak ankles with extreme flexibility. But when he felt my heels, he discovered why. He...
  • deleted_user

baby scan showed clenched hands & severe club

Hi first scan at 12 weeks all ok then went for a scan last thursday for 20 weeks told me everything looked ok but the baby had club feet told me not to worry but because she hadnt seen the heart properly to come back next day for another scan.went yesterday told me the baby had severe club feet and hands were clenched all through told me these are signs for a genetic disorder,felt sick,crying non...