G6PD Deficiency Support Group

Glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency is an X-linked recessive hereditary disease featuring nonimmune hemolytic anemia in response to a number of causes. The classic allergy to consumption of broad beans has led to the commonly used term favism. The most important measure is prevention - avoidance of the drugs and foods that cause hemolysis.

0 Online
  • HerMrs

Recipes for G6PD

Hi Everyone,my wife has G6PD and for a long time remained asymptomatic ignoring my pleas to alter her diet accordingly. She since had bad reaction to some foods and is more willing to change her diet. I have purchased the only cookbook I could find for G6PD. Does anyone else have any recipe suggestions?thanks!
  • deleted_user

Anyone with children that have G6PD?

I was excited to find this forum about G6PD deficiency but a bit disapointed that there doesn't seem to be many people in this group. I would love to talk with people who know more about this deficiency.My son has it and it was only diagnosed when we had a broadbean cassarole. He turned yellow and was rushed to hospital. It took 3 days to diagnose it but the doctors to their credit were...
  • deleted_user

Please give me your opinion

Hi friends of the G6PD community, I need some urgent advice from you and I know there are alsoDoctors amongst you that may be able to help also. My sons school has a Thailand Mission Trip each year and sendsa team of students from Years 11 and 12 in the September school holidays to help out at the Baan Fah Sigh Orphanage and the Maela Oon Burmese Refugee Camp in Thailand for 2 weeks. They will...
  • deleted_user

G6PD !!!

Hi..My 55 days Son diagnosed a G6PD deficient at the age of 3days.. Iam so much worried... His HP isnt increasing???? Share something guys and guide me if any1 knows something about....Dr.Gul