Fatty Liver Disease Support Group

Non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) is fatty inflammation of the liver not due to excessive alcohol use. Most with NAFLD have no or few symptoms. Infrequently patients may complain of fatigue, malaise and dull right upper abdominal discomfort. Mild jaundice can rarely be noticed. More commonly it is diagnosed as a result of abnormal liver function tests during routine blood tests.

0 Online
  • brutesky

Help Diagnosing

Hi,for the last 4 years I have been battling constant burping and indigestion "attacks" that end up sending me in atrial fibrillation, a form of arrhythmia. Heart is structurally sound and they have already tried ablating it to stop the afib with no success. Gastroscopy does not show anything special only slight irritation, no esophagitis. Upper Gi X-rays show a lot of reflux. Tiny hiatal...
  • JoanneD

Fatty liver.. NASH treatment options

Hello.. I wanted to share that there are many companies examining the benefits of medications for treating fatty liver and NASH these days . If you want more information check out www.clinicaltrials.org website for information. Find a center in your are who is participating and see what may work for you.  There is finally hope!  I coordinate trials in Michigan so if you have questions feel free...
  • Hi. I was given an ultrasound on liver that showed inflammation and fatty liver. This was my third scan saying so but the inflammation was worse this time and being the knucklehead I am waited for the doctor to say that I basically had to make severe life style changes or else to get off my ass and start losing weight. At 6 ft 1 inch and 270 as one should expect I have high triglycerides and...
  • tsligh

Members interested in clinical trials for NAFLD?

I would be happy to help if anyone wants to learn how to look for ongoing and upcoming research studies for NAFLD.Teresa S. Sligh, MD, CPIMedical DirectorProvidence Clinical ResearchNorth Hollywood, CA
  • Smith1745

Fatty Liver Disease - Educational Interviews

Centron Medical Education, a healthcare education company, is currently inviting patients who have been diagnosed with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) to participate in an interview. The purpose of the interview is educational in nature. We would like to understand more about how you were diagnosed, your experience living with NASH, and how you obtain information to remain informed about...
  • NASHstudy

Non-Alcoholic Steatohepatitis Study

Looking for adults with non-alcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) for a clinical study of the effects of low level laser light on reducing aminoalanine transaminase (ALT) levels. ( Phoenix area) For more information contact: Dr. Charles Schron or Dr. Kelly Hsu Meridian Inegrative Medicine 480-330-6211
  • Chutney

Once you have NALD you always have it

Hi I just joined this group. I was diagnosed with fatty liver about 6 years ago. The diagnosis was pure luck as I presented with frequent respiratory infections. After an ultrasound and biopsy, the diagnosis was confirmed. I learned that there is no medical treatment for fatty liver, only life style changes.  No pill, no meds, nothing. The answer lies in your nutrition. I put myself on a...
  • Hello everyone,Im reaching out to anyone in the miami area that wants to participate in a study for patients with fatty liver disease. If you are interested, please reach me at jose@januscr.net.
  • YOYO40

Fatty Liver and Mild Elevated Enzymes

Hello Everyone, i was told that i have a little fatty tissue on liver by one doctor and did blood work, they said it was normal, so i went to another doctor they ran tests it stated abnormal they did an ultra sound and liver was a little enlarged but they couldnt really make a diagnosis so now they want to do a biopsy and i realy want to go back to the first doctor and talk about what did he see...
  • Hello,My name is William Mills and I am the patient experience manager at Science 37.  We have a new IRB approved research study available for people with nonalcoholic steatohepatitis (NASH) that I wanted to share with you.  I usually reach out to the administrators of any group and tell them who we are and what research we have available as a way to start working together, but since this group...
  • mega54

I have an enlarged liver, not Fatty Liver Disease?

My ultrasound shows my liver has a fatty infusion that has caused it to enlarge. My doctor says my enzymes are okay, so I do not have FATTY LIVER DISEASE. I have all but one of the symptoms I found for Fatty Liver Disease. The exception is jaundice. The others are: fatigue, obesity, dark colored andpungent urine, weakness, loss of appetite, itching, mental confusion, and pain in the upper...
  • Jade50

Jalyn

Mine fatty liver also complicated with fibromyalgia​ but couldn't find a group for that. I don't know what to do?  My best friend has been having mood swing so at 4 am when she​ text me she turns everything into an argument. Even if it have a good or what u doing. Iam isolated no and need support group. 
  • Jade50

Jalyn new diagnosis

I just got dianosised with fatty liver. They asked me if I drank. I never drank or smoked anything. I feel like doctor don't believe me. Anyone there?
  • cltriver

Need suggestions regarding diet/foods

I had a liver biopsy earlier this month and have been diagnosed with non alcoholic fatty liver disease. I am considering doing a new drug research study, but not sure. I am looking for dietary help. Is there an online food plan? I do not need to lose weight but would like to manage this with diet if possible.Thank you
  • passionfruit3

Dont know what to do

I have recently been diagnosed with this a month ago or two i have symptoms of gas abdominal pain and nausea at times though usually there aren't any symptoms from fatty liver what i read.i need to lose weight and change my diet everyone keeps saying i look so skinny but when i get on the scale it doesn't show only a few pounds. Im frustrated i have a blood test in a few days i don't know what ...