Essential Tremor Support Group

Essential Tremor (ET) is a neurological disorder characterized by shaking of hands (and sometimes other parts of the body including the head), evoked by intentional movements. The incidence is unknown, but is estimated to be as common as one person in 20, and it is the most common type of tremor and also the most commonly observed movement disorder.

0 Online
  • Chocolatequeen

Do I have ET?

Hi everyone, I know it's not the best idea to ask an online community to diagnose me, but bear with me here. I am a seventeen year old girl and I used to get shaky hands after I played tennis. I noticed it late last year but didn't take much notice of it, figuring it was just because I was dehydrated from playing. However in the July school holidays I noticed that my hands would shake constantly,...
  • FaithC

Deep brain stimulator

Hi, I'm Faith. I've had an essential tremor since infancy, but it has gotten much worse over the past couple of years. It has become hard to eat, walk, etc. And because I also have Type 1 diabetes (an autoimmune form of diabetes), it makes inserting the needles for insulin delivery a great challenge, which is quite dangerous. The med I was taking didn't help much. I'm going to try a new one. But...
  • jfny1978

Essential tremor and golf

I am 39 years old, and was diagnosed with Essential Tremor when I was 22 or 23 years old.  It is mild, and really only manifests itself in my hands, and I rarely think about it.  I am an avid golfer, and really struggle with golf shots that involve slow controlled motions.  I have a tendency for my right hand to take over when I am trying to keep it passive.I am wondering if it would make...
  • SoTiredOut

Essential Tremor, Fibromyalgia, Bipolar..?

I am curious how many people have Fibromyalgia, and Essential Tremor, Bipolar, Restless Legs, Tendinitis and Sleep Apnea...  I have just joined several groups here and noticed many people have similar health problems across the site. I have all of these and was surprised to see others mention having some of them too. I always assumed each was just a completely separate problem but when I see...
  • jolene-86

Tremor is worsening :(

Hi, I am very new to this, this support group seems like a breath of fresh air to me, reading some of the posts has given me the courage to post. So I am 30 (31 next week ). I was diagnosed with ET when I was 17, I didn't really pay much attention and if I'm honest didn't really believe it. My tremors have gotten worse the older I've become, I have ruled out tobacco, alcohol and caffeine as...
  • Togahoney

New Help for My Voice Tremor

I have had ET in my hands since 2000.  It's passed on from my father, his brother, his step sister, my 1st cousin, and now me.  Ichose not to take any meds since then but within the last 8 or 9 months, it has now begun in my voice.  I take propananol which I'm notsure it does anything.  The Dr.'s wanted me to up my meds to a higher dose, but since I have low blood pressure to start with, I...
  • wyatthavens

head tremor and antidepressants.

hi im new here my name is wyatt,and im 22 years old and i have essential tremor in my head. it started when i was 15 or 16. i cant  use tabacco, caffeine, or sugar, or antidepressants. my question is has anyone found an antidepressant that didnt make their tremor worse?
  • goffard101

hoping to meet other people who struggle like i do

Hi everybody, I'm 22 I was born with Essential tremors but is benign. It was passed down to me from my mom no one else in our family has it. Mine tends to get worse when I'm nervous or anxious. I do shake at rest but barely visable as a child and teenager I was taught how to hold a glass or bowl a certain so I wouldn't drop it. Writing can sometimes be difficult as my writing can be a little...
  • nancyl44

Apple cider vinegar

This is my first time writing. I was wondering if anyone has tried apple cider vinegar. Some on the internet say it helps. I tried Propanalol (sp) for a few months and it did nothing to help. I am not taking anything and would prefer not to if possible. I have had the tremors for over 30 years, but they have gotten worse since I had a total shoulder replacement two years ago. Nancy
  • haider1in

New here, frustrated with ET at times ;)

Hey everyone.. Am 22 yrs old and my tremors started in early 2014.. no one from my family has ET so i dnt knw if its genetic from my greater ancestors or its something else.. anyways, i had to quit my aerospace engineering on account of the precision work required in the field, and all the precious lives at stake on the airplane :p i have head/neck tremors but as they go severe when doing some...
  • Boofy

Essential Tremor

Hello to all ,I have just joined and have had Essential Tremor for about 4 years ,effects my head ,voice and jaw ,good days ,and bad days ,I also get an internal tremor ,which I don't see many people talk about and for myself ,whilst propanadol helps head tremor ,it does not do anything for the internal tremor ,it feels like having low blood sugar,does anyone else suffer this .I take Propanadol...
  • coachcouch

Getting Neuravive..bye bye tremors

Getting neuravive on  July 21st for familiar essential tremors. Going to do my right hand first. I will post my journey on my FB page (Coachcouch, no shirt on in avatar) Not sure how to post the journey in here. I am open to questions! Excited!!!!
  • Jimmyt5

CBD OIL

Now that CBD oil is legal in all 50 states has anyone tried it? If you have and had success with it what kind was it?I have tried every pill you can find and most of them turn you into a Zombie, I have suffered with this for 25 yrs and would try anything  to stop hittting myself in the eye with a chicken wing when I eat or droping soup all over me.Thanks so much for your input.....
  • AuntPanda

Hi, I'm new to the group. I was diagnosed with Essential Tremor many years ago, maybe in my 30s. I am 70 now and the tremor is becoming more troublesome. The doctor prescribed Propranolol and I took it for a while but it made me nauseous and extremely tired. So I stopped taking it. Someone recently told me about CBD gummies and gave me a sample packet. I took one of them (30 mg) and it did seem...
  • Minimight

Hi new to group

Hello, I'm new to the group my name is Rachel I have been diagnosed with essential tremors now for going on about three years. I have a good neurologist that I see, she's very kind and actually cares about her patients. As for medication I take propranolol daily and it helps but we recently had to increase my dose because I was having breakthrough tremors in the evenings. My tremors started out...