Essential Tremor Support Group

Essential Tremor (ET) is a neurological disorder characterized by shaking of hands (and sometimes other parts of the body including the head), evoked by intentional movements. The incidence is unknown, but is estimated to be as common as one person in 20, and it is the most common type of tremor and also the most commonly observed movement disorder.

0 Online
  • coachcouch

Getting Neuravive..bye bye tremors

Getting neuravive on  July 21st for familiar essential tremors. Going to do my right hand first. I will post my journey on my FB page (Coachcouch, no shirt on in avatar) Not sure how to post the journey in here. I am open to questions! Excited!!!!
  • Jimmyt5

CBD OIL

Now that CBD oil is legal in all 50 states has anyone tried it? If you have and had success with it what kind was it?I have tried every pill you can find and most of them turn you into a Zombie, I have suffered with this for 25 yrs and would try anything  to stop hittting myself in the eye with a chicken wing when I eat or droping soup all over me.Thanks so much for your input.....
  • Boofy

Essential Tremor

Hello to all ,I have just joined and have had Essential Tremor for about 4 years ,effects my head ,voice and jaw ,good days ,and bad days ,I also get an internal tremor ,which I don't see many people talk about and for myself ,whilst propanadol helps head tremor ,it does not do anything for the internal tremor ,it feels like having low blood sugar,does anyone else suffer this .I take Propanadol...
  • haider1in

New here, frustrated with ET at times ;)

Hey everyone.. Am 22 yrs old and my tremors started in early 2014.. no one from my family has ET so i dnt knw if its genetic from my greater ancestors or its something else.. anyways, i had to quit my aerospace engineering on account of the precision work required in the field, and all the precious lives at stake on the airplane :p i have head/neck tremors but as they go severe when doing some...
  • AuntPanda

Hi, I'm new to the group. I was diagnosed with Essential Tremor many years ago, maybe in my 30s. I am 70 now and the tremor is becoming more troublesome. The doctor prescribed Propranolol and I took it for a while but it made me nauseous and extremely tired. So I stopped taking it. Someone recently told me about CBD gummies and gave me a sample packet. I took one of them (30 mg) and it did seem...
  • goffard101

hoping to meet other people who struggle like i do

Hi everybody, I'm 22 I was born with Essential tremors but is benign. It was passed down to me from my mom no one else in our family has it. Mine tends to get worse when I'm nervous or anxious. I do shake at rest but barely visable as a child and teenager I was taught how to hold a glass or bowl a certain so I wouldn't drop it. Writing can sometimes be difficult as my writing can be a little...
  • FaithC

Deep brain stimulator

Hi, I'm Faith. I've had an essential tremor since infancy, but it has gotten much worse over the past couple of years. It has become hard to eat, walk, etc. And because I also have Type 1 diabetes (an autoimmune form of diabetes), it makes inserting the needles for insulin delivery a great challenge, which is quite dangerous. The med I was taking didn't help much. I'm going to try a new one. But...
  • Minimight

Hi new to group

Hello, I'm new to the group my name is Rachel I have been diagnosed with essential tremors now for going on about three years. I have a good neurologist that I see, she's very kind and actually cares about her patients. As for medication I take propranolol daily and it helps but we recently had to increase my dose because I was having breakthrough tremors in the evenings. My tremors started out...
  • drstrange

New to forum

Just joined the forum because I really need a place to talk without feeing embarrassed about my ET. I would just like to share a little of my story. I have had ET since I was about 11 or 12 years old. High school was only ok because I had great friends who did not judge me and took up for me when anyone said anything. Deep down I would rather die than have to deal with one more person saying...
  • Areey

ET and depression

it is the worse combination of all time. I feel like l cant do anything because of my tremor. Like i cant be loved or in a relationship and cant play music which hurts the most. I avoid getting out and meeting new people and im in a such young age. I also hate when people say you are afraid or anything! I wanted to get in touch with someone having my problem. 
  • JadeS

Recently Diagnosed, So Many Questions

Hello everyone! I was recently diagnosed with ET, although I have had mild hand tremors for years. It does seem to have worsened in the last year, so I have decided to start medication. Unfortunately I'm in veterinary medicine and have to assist with surgeries and shaky hands are not ideal. My doctor recommended that I start on inderal la 60mg once a day (I'm about 110 pounds). I trust my doctor,...
  • flutterbye

Head tremor suddenly disappears!

I recently went on a 3 week trip to the Philippines and within two days there my head tremor disappeared!  It has not returned yet and I've been back in the US for a week.  I've had the tremor for a few years when performing any fine motor task like dishwashing and writing.  Has this happened to anyone else?  I'm really hoping it never comes back but I have my doubts.  I'm wondering what...
  • sephethus

Vitamin D in High Doses

So I don't know why this hasn't been researched and I'm kind of upset that it took 30 years to discover this. I've had ET since I was 12 and it's progressive, so it's gotten worse after my late 30's and more so after I turned 41. One of the treatments not researched at all is high doses of vitamin D (5000-8000 IU/day). So far since I began it's been about 30% more effective than propanolol (my...
  • Hi, I'm a 49 year old with ET. My Mom has it also, so mine is familial. I noticed symptoms at age 16 and it has  progressed through the years. I'm on Propranolol 40mg b.i.d and Klonopin .5 t.i.d. I've tried other drugs and vitamins that have not helped on a regular basis. After being fired from my job 4 years ago due to my tremor, It was finally decided that I am disabled. Today, I am frustrated...
  • almost50

New here

Hi all! I just joined today. A few months ago, I started noticing a slight tremor in my left hand. Now I seem to have one in my right hand.  Just in the last couple of weeks, I've had an electrical pulse feeling in my chin. I also get eye twitches a lot. I went to my primary care doctor to get a referral to a neurologist, because I was worried about Parkinson's. He thinks it's essential...