I had a very good year, financially, and made some positive changes in my life. Here's how I did it.
1. Luck When I was young, I was frequently bullied. Not a whole lot of people helped. This year I had a lot of good luck. I have had children and grandchildren in good health who have brought joy to my life. So I do not think you can evaluate your luck based upon one period or one year. Overall I have been very fortunate.
2. Change is very hard Changing your life or undoing bad habit will be hard, so the first thing, is do not underestimate the challenges. And don't think other people do things so easily- the guy who hits a golf ball down the middle 250 yards probably took 100 lessons and practiced 5,000 hours. So recognize the challenges and once you do and are committed to change, you have a better chance.
3. Confront challenges Attack things head one, you may face some initial stress, but do your best.
4. Be productively self-critical I keep a list of things I have done wrong and how I could have done better, then I try not to ruminate too much about how I could have done better. Again sometimes that is easier said then done and one doctor said I have high anxiety. Again, I just work hard.
5. Your parents may be dysfunctional Most golf coaches play good golf, understand the game, and may even be certified. No certifications or prerequsites for being a parent. A lot of them have challenges and their own emotional baggage. Recognize your parents may not be perfect, you don't have to take their advice or accept their observations, but can still consider them parents
Hi everyone I have been divorced for about a year now I was married for 10 years still struggling with just letting things go it was all I knew for so long and I try to get by with the denial and dating but honestly I'm still not okay and I don't know if I ever will be okay I really feel like I lost a piece of me not necessarily from losing her but my family being split up we do have two kids I...
I was wondering if anyone else has tried TMS and what their experiences with it were, or are if in the middle of treatment. My therapist recommended it to me and first I did some research on it, even watched some YouTube videos on it. I have a long med history and basically have become treatment resistant to them, as well as just resistant and will not try another one! Monday I had my psych...