Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT) Support Group

Deep-vein thrombosis, also known as deep-venous thrombosis or DVT, is the formation of a blood clot ("thrombus") in a deep vein. It can be caused by something preventing blood from circulating or clotting normally. Join the support group if you are coping with DVT and find others who are going through the same challenges.

0 Online

Dvt/Pe

Bless 09/09/2017 

Hello everyone I'm 33 years old anyway on August12 of this year I had this pain in my leg that felt like a charley horse smh my husband try to rub it out it stop for awhile but then it started backup again anyway so August the 16 I decided to go to the emergency room cause I start limping I gets there explain what's wrong they did the d-diimer test it was high 1600 so they said we think you got blood clots in your leg so they begin to give me shots in my stomach got admitted in the ultrasound my leg didn't see nothing did a CT scan found it DVT so they said it might have travel we have to scan your lungs Vascular found a small one in the lower lube mind you know short of breath no chest pain normal breathing vitials great Thank God he is Able back to the story I went on a Wednesday I was suppose to get released on Thursday I had problems with my insurance so stay another night Friday came still insurance problems until 8pm Friday night my insurance paid for my medicine I said to myself the devil is a liar and I rebuke you Satan cause I'm going home today smh im trying to be normal I broke down and cried praying to my lord just lead the way and touch the blood Amen they still trying to find out whats the cause but I believe it came from sitting down at work for 4 hours straight 5days a week and I meant to mention it to the doctor but I was so in shock I forgot but I have a appointment with the hematology October 2

Replies

moolar
moolar

Sometimes they never find out what caused it, they didn't with me, but I have learned that moving around, whether at a desk, flying or driving is so important. It's not an easy illness to deal with, but hang in there, it will get better, just takes a while for the body (& mind) to heal.
Bless
Bless

@moolar I broke down crying holding my 3yr old son yesterday I have my good day and bad it just bothering that they don't know why it happened
moolar
moolar

It's hard when you don't know why, I asked myself that a lot, as wanted to know how I could prevent it again. I did everything right prior to it, really healthy, moved around on long trips etc, so it really blindsided me. You will have good days & bad days, but please know the good days will eventually start to outweigh the bad ones. If it's too hard to deal with the anxiety, talk to your doctor about options for therapy, as the mental aspect of this illness is way worse than the physical I think.
Bless
Bless

Thank you so much @moolar for listening to me and responding I'm around family now so I'm relax now and just gone keep praying for better days they said excises and yoga should help out a lot so I'm gone fine a yoga spot the good thing is my body don't hurt no short of breath witch I never experience since and before diagnosis my legs from the he dvt is a Lil soar some I'm assuming it's dissolving
moolar
moolar

Glad you have good family support Bless, & exercise in some form is really critical. I think it's what saved my life when my PE/DVT hit, & it really helped post recovery. The leg pain is normal since the clot is being absorbed into the veins, & other veins that don't usually do much are being called into service to help with blood flow. I had leg pain for a long time, but it slowly but surely became less frequent. Even now, with my 5 yr anniversary next week, I still get leg pain in the clot leg once in a while. The better days will come for sure. Hugs :)
Bless
Bless

@moolar hello good evening I have a question what about having sex my fiancé what to have sex but I'm scare is that ok to do and is there anything else you can help me with as I'm recovering I be over doing it at times I know cause that's when it feels like I have pain every where
Bless
Bless

What about vitamins
moolar
moolar

Only you know how much your body can take before it tells you to slow down, so only do what you are comfortable doing. I was scared in the beginning because I'd never felt so debilitated before, but desperately wanted to feel normal again, & realized the only way to find out was to give things a try. I overdid it many times & learned the hard way to slow down, but figured how do you know you are getting better if you don't keep trying? I've taken vitamins for decades, & checked with my blood doctor to be sure it was still ok to take them (it was). For leg pain I'd heard that potassium was helpful, so had bananas & orange juice most days, (& still do even now), & it really did work for me.
Bless
Bless

@moolar thank you I guess I'll give it a try and it's okay to take multi Vitamin
Bless
Bless

This is some scary stuff but thankful of still being here
And how would I know when my clots are gone
moolar
moolar

If you are taking blood thinners, check with your doc to be sure none of the vitamins will conflict with the thinners. I was told that clots usually dissolve in a few weeks, but some can take longer. The reason you stay on blood thinners for a while is so the body can't make new ones, & lets the body do it's thing to heal. I came off thinners after 10 months, then had the leg ultrasound/blood work & there was no sign of them, but they could have gone long before that, but I still had to follow the treatment plan. It's the scariest thing I've ever dealt with too, & was a wake up call on how quickly things can change!
Bless
Bless

Ok I'm gone check with my PcP Monday and this is definitely a wake up call
Traylou
Traylou

Hi I was diagnosed with a dvt just over 3wks ago. And I had it for 5months before diagnosis and as the dvt scan lady pointed out I had just used one of my nine lives. Well shock horror fear that I believe comes with the territory of these blighters. And I spent the first week like a total statue not even daring to sneeze and the fact that my doctor ringing me daily to ask if I was ok really really didn't help. 3wks on still awaiting ct results from yday, but my bloods have improved so I suppose that's something. I have never taken so many pills in my life. I have always been the broken bones sufferer so all of this has been incredibly alien to me as I have told every health care professional I have to see I don't do innards. Broken bones yes innards no. It is a scary old time and I can't ride my horse for a few months which naffed me off more, than having to take it easy with housework! I wouldn't recommend yoga just yet as advice I was given gentle exercise which summing it up is walking and walking and more walking. Good luck
nicks
nicks

I was diagnosed with dvt in my right leg on August 14 while I was six weeks pregnant. Was placed on heparin shots twice daily. Two days after taking heparin the pain eased then I started spotting in and out. The doctor said it could be a side effect. I was advised to terminate the pregnancy which I didn't do. Eventually had a natural miscarriage at 11 weeks 4days. I'm not sure if it's from the injections, the clotting itself or any other reason. It's very heartbreaking since it's my second miscarriage except there was no sign of a clotting issue the last time. Atleast I didn't check. But now I'm on warfarin and my second INR level is still low. After taking heparin shots for that long and moving to warfarin now I thought I would be better off. And now that I'm off the injections and on warfarin alone my leg is more sensitive, tingly and warm from time to time. I'm thankful for coming this far given the initial pain and discomfort endured but I'm trusting god for permanent relief from dvt.
nicks
nicks

I was diagnosed with dvt in my right leg on August 14 while I was six weeks pregnant. Was placed on heparin shots twice daily. Two days after taking heparin the pain eased then I started spotting in and out. The doctor said it could be a side effect. I was advised to terminate the pregnancy which I didn't do. Eventually had a natural miscarriage at 11 weeks 4days. I'm not sure if it's from the injections, the clotting itself or any other reason. It's very heartbreaking since it's my second miscarriage except there was no sign of a clotting issue the last time. Atleast I didn't check. But now I'm on warfarin and my second INR level is still low. After taking heparin shots for that long and moving to warfarin now I thought I would be better off. And now that I'm off the injections and on warfarin alone my leg is more sensitive, tingly and warm from time to time. I'm thankful for coming this far given the initial pain and discomfort endured but I'm trusting god for permanent relief from dvt.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • lbug

INR levels on Warfarin

currently still in hospital, switching from Rivaroxaban due to complications. Started warfarin 3 days ago and on an IV of heparin until the oral pill warfarin is in my system enough to come off. I’m told once my INR gets to 2.4 I can come off the IV and go home. I was initially told it takes about 3 days. It’s been 3 days of oral warfarin and my INR this more was 1.4. This is crazy I just...
  • Douglas831

Hi group

Had my major PE a few years agoBefore that I had done over 25 marathons and many triathlonsEven completed 4 full IronmansThen I got a dvt in left leg a few years later a PE withb about 30 clots in my lungsSince then put on 60 poundsAnd been worrying about it happening again I don't consider myself a wimpBut feel bad about worryingFeel like I lost lung capacityAny one feel the same