Colon Cancer Support Group

Colorectal cancer, also called colon cancer or bowel cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from mushroom-like growths that are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy.

0 Online

stage iv colon cancer in colon wall

Hi  my son was diagnosed with stage iv colon cancer he is 32 ywars old and has 2 beautiful kids 6 and 11. I was wondering if anyone on has has had ant experince with chemo and if they were successful on becoming cancer free. I would love to hear from you all. Ty

Replies

yorman1
yorman1

Welcome...please log on to the posts ...listed above..it will offer you an opportunity to search out similar info, from others that are on this journey......
wcollier
wcollier

Hello, I am no expert but stage 4 usually means it has spread. It depends on the extent and location to be operable. I know a few stage 4 patients who can't be cured but are being treated and have been for years.
Sallie
Sallie

I am so sorry for your results - praying for you and your son. My daughter was diagnosed with stage 3C rectal cancer at the age of 33. She is now four years out and has her scans and colonscopy this week. She has surgery, chemo/radiation and then chemo and she has done well so far - and we pray that this continues. Healthy (and alkaline) eating helps. Please look into this for your son. May God bless him as he goes into his treatment.
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • Ladybug7

Update about Mary

Hi everyone!  As of yesterday evening, Mary was out of the ICU and in a regular hospital room.  She is sleeping a lot.  Doctors are trying to determine how well her kidneys are functioning.  She is definitely doing better, but still needs our prayers.  Thanks!
  • Ladybug7

Prayers for Mary

Mary is currently intubated in the ICU, due to her lungs filling with fluid.  She is currently being kept under sedation and is completely reliant upon a ventilator in order to breathe.  Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers today.  Thanks!