Colon Cancer Support Group

Colorectal cancer, also called colon cancer or bowel cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from mushroom-like growths that are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy.

0 Online

Hi everyone. Had surgery on April 7th of this year. Diagnosed with colon cancer. Everything happened so fast. Diagnosed in March,  and surgery in april. It all just seemed like i went through a fast dream. I didnt need chemo or radiation. I guess i am one of the lucky ones. Just having some trouble with comprehending all that I have just gone through. Yes, I seem to be coming back to my old self. The only troubles that i seem to be having are sleeping as my brain doesnt shut off and all the bowel troubles (having trouble going). It is wonderful to have a site like this for support. If anyone has any "Newbie" information to send, just send it through.

Replies

yorman1
yorman1

Satiny, welcome to our group. I must begin by apologizing we are not a very active group any longer. Please take time to scroll through the existing posts. Hopefully you will find the answers your looking for. I am also available please friend me and I will be more than happy to answer any of your questions that I can...Ron
satinydragon
satinydragon

Thanks. How do I friend you
yorman1
yorman1

I sent you a request to be my friend just say yes. You can then feel free to ask the questions that you may have..look forward to hearing from you...Ron
Leeann33
Leeann33

So happy you didn't need chemo.. for the bathroom issues Citrucel ( Not the sugar free ) helped me more than anything and I tried a lot of stuff.. I also take 250 mg magnesium nightly and that helps also. After surgery it just takes awhile for your body to heal. Sorry not many on here at this time. This site helped me so much. Wishing you continued health and drink lots of water.. big hugs XXX
sharon64
sharon64

So sorry you have to be here, but I am glad you didn't need chemo or radiation. I have a hard time sleeping as well. I drink a chamomile tea every night before bed it helps most of the time. I have an illeostomy, so I can't help with the bathroom issue's, I hope to be getting a reversal in about 4 months hopefully less. Then I will probably need your help. Sending hugs and prayers!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • billwfriend

oh man oh man oh man....it is hot out there...

I just cut the back yard....it is in 90s outside...my grass was very long in some areas since there are some different grasses out there and the tall stuff grows faster! I konked out the mower a few times....I continued into the side yard which I had to stop mowing for few minutes to move things like two rocking chairs and two tables that sit in front of the BBQ which is under the only yard light...
  • Ladybug7

Update about Mary

Hi everyone!  As of yesterday evening, Mary was out of the ICU and in a regular hospital room.  She is sleeping a lot.  Doctors are trying to determine how well her kidneys are functioning.  She is definitely doing better, but still needs our prayers.  Thanks!