Colon Cancer Support Group

Colorectal cancer, also called colon cancer or bowel cancer, includes cancerous growths in the colon, rectum and appendix. Many colorectal cancers are thought to arise from mushroom-like growths that are usually benign, but some may develop into cancer over time. The majority of the time, the diagnosis of localized colon cancer is through colonoscopy.

0 Online

help

First let me say i have anxiety....lots of it...i am also in a leukemia group here ...i just lost my finacee 5 weeks ago.

After he passed i figured it was time for me to get a checkup as i was due for my yearly...just turning 50 the dr wanted me to have a colonoscopy.  I refused and he gave me a "cologuard" test which checks dna in stool.  Well of course it came back positive.

needless to say i am hysterical...i have the colonoscopy scheduled for next week but from all this stress now i feel like i'm catching a cold which is making my stress factor worse worrying they wont do it if i have a cold and i'll only have to wait longer to know if i have cancer or not.

As you can see i'm not handling any of this very well.

Replies

DarknessEmbraced
DarknessEmbraced

I'm so sorry you loss your fiance.*hugs* My deepest condolences. It's good that you're getting a colonoscopy because it will show for sure what's going on. It's hard to wait for biopsy results. Hopefully you won't have to wait long for results. I read online you can get a colonoscopy while you have a cold as long as you don't have a fever. I hope your cold gets better soon!*hugs* We are here for you!*hugs*
sharon64
sharon64

So sorry for your loss! Hugs to you! Praying for a clear colonoscopy.
anotherstatistic
anotherstatistic

I know it has been a while since you posted about your positive "cologuard". How did your colonoscopy turn out? I do hope it was negative!!
tigger2512
tigger2512

It was!!!! Thank you so much for asking...i actually should have posted. Just a polyp removed and i don't have to go back for 5 more years.
Leeann33
Leeann33

So very sorry for your loss. Happy to read your colon test was good, what a wonderful relief. Big gentle hugs to you.
DarknessEmbraced
DarknessEmbraced

I'm glad you had a polyp removed and don't have to go back for 5 years!*hugs*
sharon64
sharon64

So sorry for your loss. I am very happy for your that your colonoscopy was just a polyp! Just keep getting those colonoscopies and stay healthy! :)
tigger2512
tigger2512

Thank you so much!!!!
Posts You May Be Interested In:
  • TES9579

How Many Oscar Winners Have You Seen?

It's a long list... But how many have you actually watched?https://www.buzzfeed.com/hattiesoykan/how-many-best-picture-oscar-winners-have-you-actually-seen?bfsource=bbf_enuk&utm_term=.mpKerZJpY#.baLDe4rjP
  • Leo

OT: My SIL is baaaaack....

Good evening! It's Sunday! I should be watching football.Nope. SIL --- my husband's sister --- the Queen Ditz of Planet Narcissism --- texted him out of the blue.In a nutshell, her message was "Oh how sqee-adorable that your wife is going to try to walk a 5K next month, she's so brave, in her place I'd just go into a care center so my loved ones could havev their lives back"Hubby stupidly texted...