Colds & Flu Support Group

The common cold is a mild viral infectious disease of the upper respiratory system (nose and throat). Symptoms include sneezing, sniffling, nasal congestion; scratchy, sore, or phlegmy throat; coughing; headache; and tiredness. Colds typically last three to five days, with residual coughing lasting up to three weeks.

0 Online
  • livingly

Cold advice

Hi I've got a cold right now and I'm wondering if any of you have advice about helping a cold go away.
  • deleted_user

tea that help the immune system

hiwhat teas help the immune system besides green tea?coonsanders
  • XceteraX

Antibiotics

:( It all started Monday night with an irritating dry spot in my throat - rapidly turning into a cough, occasional hot/cold spells. I missed four days of work but fortunately I have paid sick time. I'm now on antibiotics as I guess I have some sort of infection cause I'm coughing up yellow stuff & my lungs are making weird sounds. I'm so tired as the coughing keeps waking me up. I'm so weak I...
  • deleted_user

Cough that won't go away

I've had a cough for over a week now and it doesn't seem to be going away. It's a dry cough, sometimes hacking, and it makes my chest hurt, and I feel tight. What's going on?
  • e4shannon

bronchitis

has someone else had this. really freaks it starting to think I have lung cancer have a pain in my back when I cough.
  • Buradi

Introduction

I have a low immune system, so I catch things easily. Colds are one thing I'm ALWAYS catching. They then turn promptly into bronchitis which becomes severe. Every time, it gets worse. Now, when I get it, they expect it to turn into pneumonia, though it luckily hasn't, yet. It's amazing I haven't caught the flu yet. Or the stomach virus Mom had.
  • deleted_user

Tonsillitis

HeyIt all started with flu....and then...Bang! I have had extremely bad tonsillitis for about a month now. I think i was getting better and then few days later it hits me again. I think the antibiotic were working but i finished 2 lots the doctor has given me they are still giving me hell. I had never had tonsillitis before in my life until a month ago. Has anyone else ever experienced this? I...
  • Desigol1979

Co-Codamol tablets for Cold relief

Co-Codamol are UK-based tablets containing both Paracetamol and Codeine which are my best friend when it comes to migraines or sore throats. I've also had a Chicken Soup. (albeit a Cuppa-Soup)
  • tabby2010

Got a cold.

Hello everyone I am new to this support group I have a cold. Plus a sinus infection. Every year around the hoidays I get sick Last year when I got a cold I also had a fever This year I have a cold plus. A sinus Infection. I have been taking. over the counter cold medicine but Its not helping I have a horrible cough I am coughing up yellow. and green stuff Its making me feel horrible I don't know...
  • deleted_user

Tonsillectomy

For the past few months, I've been getting tonsillitis a lot. I had it about 4 weeks ago and it was the worst I've ever had it, I had the white stones and all (which I've never had). A week after that went away, my throat was dry and itchy and my doctor put me on more penicillin to clear it up, which made me sick so I had to stop. Now today, its annoyingly sore and a bit red and I think I can see...
  • deleted_user

Tamiflu

Has anyone given it to their preschooler?Thanks!
  • deleted_user

Orange Juice

Since oj can help you get rid of the common cold, could it also help you get rid of the flu? I ask this because I read that Vitamin C is not a good choice in treating the flu. Is this theory true?
  • bluesyone

homeopathic remedies

I have a big week ahead so I need to get rid of these symptoms. I have a sore throat, cough n stuffy nose, n phlegm. I am afraid to take medication, so I'd like homeopathic remedies. Thank you.
  • deleted_user

medication for pregnant woman

my wife is pregnant and two days ago she started with the flu and now have a cough now but i cant give her any medication because she is pregnant so now im asking for help what can i give her?
  • solofighter

what is it?

ugh im so sick. i dont know whats wrong with me, but ive been throwing up for over three weeks, i have tummy pains int he abdomen on right side under rib cage. ive had x ray, blood work, cat scan, ultra sound, and they were all clean. well the cat scan showed swollen lymph nodes in the stomach area. the blood work showed that my white blood cell count was high, but nothing else showed. they said...