Cholecystitis Support Group

Cholecystitis is inflammation of the gallbladder. It is commonly due to impaction (sticking) of a gallstone within the neck of the gall bladder, leading to inspissation of bile, bile stasis, and infection by gut organisms. Cholecystitis may be a cause of right upper quadrant pain. In severe cases, the gall bladder can rupture and form an abscess.

1 Online
  • maddiefay

Post Surgery Lathergic

Hello, I am a approximately a week and a half post- surgery from laparoscopic gallbladder removal. I see the doctor today but I just want support from someone who isn't a doctor. I am completely lethargic, it is making me depressed. I am type-a personality, multi-tasker, micro-manager, ocd person. IT IS NOW TAKING ME AN HOUR TO GET DRESSED. And I feel like a blob. It is driving me absolutely...
  • Jem123

please help...

Hi Everyone...I'm two days post-op and I'm experiencing some shortness of breath. Has this happened to anyone else? Thank you.
  • Jem123

Need Help Please..

I will be getting my gallbladder removed in about 3 weeks. I have been reading up on the surgery and have come across many posts and articles saying that there is substantial weight gain after surgery. I am wondering did anyone here put on a lot of weight? Thank you for your help.
  • deleted_user

I am at a crossroads: looking for advice.

I posted beforethat during a colonoscopy I had jumped during the procedure; after I awoke I had stabbing LUQ pain in the spring of 2010. The gastroenterologist recommended I see a surgeon; the surgeon ordered a HIDA+CCK scan in the summer of 2010. This scan showed a 22% ejection fraction rate; however, the technician injected the full amount of the solution in erent lab technician who noted the...
  • sasuva

New to Gallbladder pain

Hello and Thank You for being here. I had my first acute Gallbladder attack about three weeks ago. I had sharp back pain around the shoulders, then pain under the right rib cage. It felt like my stomach had hardened into a steel shell and gas bloating was going to burst through. The pain was unbelievable. That lasted about four hours, I vomited once. It was late at night and after that I fell...
  • deleted_user

DIET ADVICE

Hi everyone!I just joined and was wondering if anyone has any info on what foods to eat or not to eat. I have what my gastroenterologist called a "lazy" gallbladder. No gallstones. 8 % function according to my hida-scan. I cant believe that there's not a single source of information on what to eat! I pick up pieces here and there on the internet and its quite aggravating! One site says no...
  • Bootbaron

Symptoms

Can anyone tell me what the very first symptoms were that they noticed? Looking hard for info re this condition. Did your symptoms turn out to be something else? Would appreciate any information. Thanks.
  • WestPalmGuy

please help

I have to go on a diet for my gallbladder and don't know where to start. Can someone give me a couple of examples of a dinner menu? I would So appreciate it. Thanks
  • I came to this group looking for information about high ALP levels.My wife has been vomiting a lot lately (mostly dairy and fried foods) and had a blood test in the Emergency Room in a local hospital with a good reputation after vomiting up some blood (the only time she threw up blood). Her ALP is about 1240, well above the "normal" range.Since her liver enzymes are normal the doctor ruled out...
  • Hollywood8687

Just sharing my story

I had my gallbladder removed about four and half years back, and I came across this group and would like to share my story. When I was 16 years old, I started having severe pains in my right side. No one knew what they were, and the doctors all just ran blood tests, said they were normal, and sent me home. I would be in excruciating pain, and it would happen several times a year. My parents had...
  • SeaSky

Recently diagnosed

Got very ill and ended up in ER ...spent 3 days in hospital getting hydrated and antibiotics. Need two procedures including an open surgery. Doc says he can't do it laparoscopic .I have no insurance and I'm 63. Doc gave me antibiotics when I left the hospital. I hope I can hang in there until i can get insurance. I'm a little scared of the surgery but want this gallbladder out. It's been...
  • Sesser

Low ejection?

I dont have inflammation but do have low ejection Anyone else here have this?
  • deleted_user

3 years of Nausea after gallbladder removal. Help!

I have had nausea 24/7, every single day, for almost 3 years now. Imagine feeling like you will vomit at any moment, never having one moment of relief. It all started when I got gallstones. They found them in October of 2010. The pain went away once they took out my gallbladder that same month, but the nausea got worse. The doctors dont understand it. I dont have any problems with my bowel...
  • AdminTeamDS

Surgery for Cholecystitis

Tell us about your personal experience with Surgery as a treatment: Has it worked? Have you had any issues? Any recommendations or tips?
  • e4now

~~~~~~~~~~new to the group

hello everyone...i am so glad this group is available to me...i am newly diagnosed with this and am waiting for surgery consult...ive been reading these posts and feel comfortable here knowing this is the place to be for questions reassurance comfort and support...my concern now is possible chronic diarrhea after the removal of my gallbladder..it seems to be a crap shoot either way...pain or...