Chicken Pox Support Group

Chicken pox starts with conjunctival and catarrhal symptoms, moderate fever and then characteristic spots appearing in two or three waves, mainly on the body and head rather than the hands and becoming itchy raw pox (pocks), small open sores which heal mostly without scarring. Once someone has been infected with the disease, they usually develop protective immunity for life.

0 Online
  • deleted_user

I havent have the chicken pox yet?

I'm almost 18 (next month) and so far I haunt had the chicken pox yet. I know that everyone will have it once in their life time, so is there something wrong with me ? Because all the people I know already had theirs when they are little. What are the dangers if I were to have it as an adult?
  • deleted_user

\"breakthrough\" chicken pox

Approximately once a month I see a patient who has previously had the chicken pox (varicella) vaccine and develops a \"breakthrough\" infection...just a few lesions with minor symptoms. Any parents out want to discuss what they\'ve seen with their children?
  • deleted_user

I have a question?

Can you get chicken pox from a child that had an allergic reaction to the booster shot? She has a fever and the injection area is swollen?
  • I have recently come into contact with a family friend who just started to show the shingles virus and I have had chicken pox 3 times as recently as 5 years,and 1 year ago.
  • deleted_user

how do I get it?

I have been trying to "give" my kids Chicken Pox because they deal with it better at a young age, but Im having trouble finding it anywhere. Is it just a touch by touch disease or does it just show up?
  • deleted_user

Vaccine For Adults.

Has anyone got the vaccine or know anything about it? I'm hesitant to get it.