Bladder Cancer Support Group

Bladder cancer is a disease in which abnormal cells in the bladder multiply without control. The greatest risk factor for bladder cancer is a genetic predisposition; it's also associated with smoking and occupational exposure to certain dyes (such as in textile factories), petrol and other chemicals. If you or a loved one has been diagnosed with bladder cancer, we're here for you.

0 Online
  • SweetShorty

Introduction

Hi Everyone--I'm a 43 yr old female who has been fighting non-invasive bladder cancer for 6 years/7 TURBTs. I'm currently on #2 of 6 treatments of BCG as a last resort before finally getting urinary diversion surgery, the ileal conduit. I have had to learn a lot of things out by myself and would love to pass on the knowledge I've gathered to other women (and men) that might be going through the...
  • deleted_user

Disposable Catheters

Hello All,I just wanted to share some information with all of you. Fifteen years ago my father found out he had bladder cancer and had to have an Indiana Pouch put in. He began having to catheterize himself and like many adjust to this life. After meeting a friend in the catheter industry, I asked my dad if he used disposable catheters. He shockingly informed me that he only received 5 a...
  • e3run

Suspected bladder cancer

I myself don't have cancer, but my husband has a large mass in his bladder that his urologist believes is. In 3 days, he will undergo surgery to have it removed, and it will be biopsied. Then we wait 3 days for results. I am scared out of my mind and I am not sure if this is the correct group for this, but I am sure there are wives, or husbands in my shoes, and I just need to get out of my mind...
  • deleted_user

What are the early signs....

and can kidney stones be a misdiagnosis?
  • deleted_user

How bad is bladder cancer ??

my husband is 52 next week he was diagnosed with bladder cancer. They did a biopsy and came back positive for invasive high grade urothelial carcinoma (pT2), hey just had a follow up bone scan and CT scan and they found out that the lymph nodes between his bladder and stomach have become infected also. The doctor has not graded or told us a stage yet. Is this real bad or is it curable?
  • Monkeymom3

What are the chances???

I'm a 44 year old mother of three who grew up having multiple severe UTI's and kidney infections. In 1995, I had kidney surgery for a congenital defect in my right kidney. As an adult I've had several kidney stones. For the last two years, invisible to the naked eye, I've had large amounts of blood in my urine. I've also had on and off bladder and flank pain. For the last couple years, they...
  • Susan1947

Can Bladder Polyps be Benign

My husband just had a cystoscopy due to blood in his urine. They found polyps which are being biopsied. The doctor did not think they looked bad. Has anyone ever had benign polyps in the bladder?
  • NotWanted247

Dad has bladder cancer

My dad has bladder cancer. It is very hard to see him in so much pain and not being able to do very much. He might be starting chemo on March 11. I do not know how long he has had it for. He sleeps most of the time during the day on and off. Its not an easy thing to deal with.
  • deleted_user

I am so worried

I guess it has been about 2yrs now that we found out my mother had stage 4 bladder cancer so she had her surgery and they took out her bladder and now she has a stoma. Well for a while now she has had a hernia. This hurnia is the size of a baseball. She is ALWAYS in pain I mean so bad that she screams and crys. It kills me to see her like that. She says she is to scared to go to the doctors. My...
  • deleted_user

Bladder Removal

Have had 4 surgeries with tumor removal and two bouts of BCG. Path report shows more cancer there and doctor recommends removal of bladder. Problem is that I am 120# overweight and this really increases complications. I have been working on having a gastric bypass, and hopefully that will occur within next month or so.The doctor wants to use BCG with interfuron to slow down cancer and give the...
  • deleted_user

speak life video (TobyMac)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iRd9qSAA0iEHighlands Oncology Group and Cancer Challenge of Northwest Arkansas teamed up with patients and their families to create this video dedicated to the fight against cancer and the importance of a support network.
  • deleted_user

I want to be your friend. I really do

http://www.facebook.com/BladderCanc... Please come find me and share with us and help us help each other. This is just a page my wife put together to keep our family and friends up to date but it feels so lonely . We can share our stories and can learn so much from each other. I hope I will see you there and get to read your stories because they not only help us but they educate others so they to...
  • deleted_user

What is bladder cancer?

Bladder cancer is one of the most common malignancies in urinary system, arising from mucous membrane of urinary bladder. Epithelial cells of mucous membrane of urinary bladder are also named uroepithelial cells, from which develops urothelioma, a most common malignancy takes up to 90-95% in all kinds of bladder cancer. Other rare bladder cancers include squamous cell carcinoma and...
  • ellsworth007

PT2 Bladder cancer - alternative medicine

Looking for alternative treatment .
  • gjm

Just been diagnosed again

I know this group isn't very active but hope someone sees this that has been through what I'm about to go through.3 months ago I was diagnosed with a low grade T-4 from a biopsy that I had done and the result was it was removed and to come back in 3 months for a check up. I just did that and found a CIShttp://www.cancerlinksusa.com/bladder/articles/carcinoma_in_situ.asp.From my understanding if...