Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
ocnbrzfl
Good morning ! My name is Connie and I am bipolar. I have long times with manic depression which has been increasing of late. I have had a long history of depression dating back to my late 20s, and have been on various SSRI's , lamictal,and currently lithium.
I live at the beach in Florida. It is beautiful here and I find such peace sitting by the water. Unfortunately I am disabled and can't get to the beach by myself anymore. And I live right down the road from the beach, I find that being very depressing.
I don't know if anyone reads my journal, but I am in a very toxic marriage. Last week an event happened while my husband is away at detox that just sent me over the edge and I called suicide hotline just to talk to someone.That is when the realization smacked me in the face and I knew I needed to join groups to meet people. I am very much isolated since I am currently unable to get out of my apartment.
On a much lighter note I am a medically retired registered nurse, and have a degree in psychology ( go figure and I am having problems processing my problems) My scope of practice was critical care nursing specifically cardiothoracic surgery. Loved it! I enjoy photography, crafting, collecting seashells, writing poetry and short stories, crocheting , reading and my Bible.
I am looking forward to meeting new people and making friends.
I live at the beach in Florida. It is beautiful here and I find such peace sitting by the water. Unfortunately I am disabled and can't get to the beach by myself anymore. And I live right down the road from the beach, I find that being very depressing.
I don't know if anyone reads my journal, but I am in a very toxic marriage. Last week an event happened while my husband is away at detox that just sent me over the edge and I called suicide hotline just to talk to someone.That is when the realization smacked me in the face and I knew I needed to join groups to meet people. I am very much isolated since I am currently unable to get out of my apartment.
On a much lighter note I am a medically retired registered nurse, and have a degree in psychology ( go figure and I am having problems processing my problems) My scope of practice was critical care nursing specifically cardiothoracic surgery. Loved it! I enjoy photography, crafting, collecting seashells, writing poetry and short stories, crocheting , reading and my Bible.
I am looking forward to meeting new people and making friends.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

Welcome to this group it's a great place to find peer support and community.