Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
missytorbett
hello, I cant work and I sit and watch tv all day most of the day. my husband trys to motivate me to get out, but my anxiety keeps me in. I need help please... thx
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

I do the same thing -- mostly because of anxiety -- sit around and watch TV or movies. I just started a new routing to get me OFF the couch: I take my dog out for 10 minute walks every other hour. For me, that's the "10 minute Rule". I can do anything for 10 minutes. So can you!
Do you take a prn/meds for your anxiety?
can you tell us more about you? Are you seeing a therapist or psychiatrist?
Welcome, this is a really good place :)
I was always told baby steps. Try to maybe message three people on here a day. Then build slowly. If it is too much to go out on your own missy.... maybe go out with a trusted friend or relative or your husband at first. Then go and get some milk from the shop while your husband waits in the car. Build slowly missy. Yes I agree watching TV all day is not good for the soul. I struggle with paid work too. Thats quite normal for people with mental health problems. I go out and pick up rubbish sometimes. Its small but makes me feel I have contributed a little. Hope this helps. Big hug.
Mark :)
mommato2lilmonkeys