Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
bipolarprincess2
Hi all, My name is Megan and I was just diagnosed with bipolar. I need some advice. I feel lost. I don't know what to do next. I haven't gotten medication yet, I'm scared to try them. What had worked for everyone? any advice on how to deal with living with it?
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

You are going to have to try and be patient ..It takes time to find the right meds for you but you will... Bipolar Disorder is a very controllable disorder.. There are many tools to help you to cope and get stable that your doctor will work with you on and there are a lot of good posts on here...I have gotten a ton of great advise on DS over the years
I would start to educate yourself.. Knowledge is power.... Acceptance is a huge first step... Once you accept you have the disorder you start to work on working with it and not against it... Big hug..x
Be proactive in your treatment. ask questions and be clear on what it is the docs are putting you on and why.
Try not to get discouraged if you hit any bumps in the road.
I found in the beginning I found keeping a journal or keeping track of my moods as well as how I was feeling on whatever med I was put on....
Good luck- one minute at a time....