Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
zombiewant2be
I have always tried to hold myself to a normal standard of daily performance as has my mom. She expects has always expected me to do things that I feel I will not be able to do. My mental state has gotten worse and my fianc tells me that it's something that I can't help and I just can't do things and tells me not to be so hard on myself. I feel a little relieved that somebody realizes this but I also feel like I'm just a lazy butt for not being able to do things and for having this problem. A lot of the time I want to pretend that I don't have a mental disorder and that I can do everything.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Good Tuesday to you!...I hope those that had a long weekend enjoyed itI ordered Chinese food for a friend to celebrate him becoming a Canadian citizenA great guyI hope everyone has a great week to look forward toThis year seems to be flying by!!
-
Happy Tuesday. I only have a few tasks today. I'm currently enjoying my coffee and checking social media and emails. It's gonna be almost 90 degrees today so I have to monitor the dogs outside activities How's Tuesday looking for you?

You're boyfriend sounds smart! Don't think badly of yourself because you can no longer do things you used to. It is an illness, it's not a choice. If you had cancer, would you be so hard on yourelf? Probably not! It's the same thing....a physical illness. Not your fault!
Are you recently diagnosed? When I realized certain limitations that troubled me were created by illness rather than a personal flaw, I was relieved...but this was bittersweet because this meant I had less control then I thought. One good thing coming out of this was that I had permission to remove unnecessary stressors from my life. Stress can aggravate BP (or general health for that matter!).
This would be a good topic for therapy. How great that your boyfriend is looking out for you with understanding.