Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
TC40
I woke up today feeling extremely depressed. I then started feeling extremely anxious. Like hysterical. I feel so alone. I managed to bathe today. I haven't felt this bad in a long time. I have felt so bad that I actually cried today. I never cry. I feel so misunderstood by my family. My sister tells me I just need to lose weight and that is going to solve my problems. My mother just tells me to "cheer up". I also lost my job about a month ago. That is not the root cause of this bout of extreme depression, but it certainly is not helping matters. I don't want to talk to people in my life because I feel like I push them away or they see me as negative and that I don't try and feel better. I am just so overwhelmed. I wish I believed in suicide, but I don't. I think about it a lot though.
Thank you for listening.
Thank you for listening.
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

This won't last forever, don't worry.
Are you on meds?
I usually wake up anxious and depressed.. a mixed state.
I just wait until it passes... it usually does. Sometimes I just go back to bed and sleep it off until I feel better. Night time is my best time where I have more motivation to do things.
I'm glad you got on DS to tell us how you're feeling.
Know that everything is going to get better and day dream about what you'll do when things are sunny in your life again. Make BIG dreams. Crazy funny wonderful dreams. Challenge yourself to make the most fabulous dreams you can. Anyway, it is a mental exercise that will break cycling thoughts in your brain and always seems to lead to opportunities.
((Hugs))
Let your pdoc know how poorly you're doing...and let us know, too. xx
With family I find it often comes down to ignorance... They 'get' being depressed... Everyone does ...however they may not 'get' depression and we can sure feel invalidated with the two are confused
I'm glad you don't believe in suicide... We have a treatable disorder .. It can just seem overwhelming when we're cycling... xo