Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
nickpc20001
How long should you wait and see if an antidepressant is right for you? I have heard you need to wait at least 3 weeks so it can build up in your blood stream. So far I am on wellbutrin and it's been three weeks and I am having small boughts of anger. Think I should give it more time? The positive effects it has gave me so far by far outweighs the small anger episodes. Do you think with time the anger will go away? I don't know that much about antidepressants.
Thank You
Thank You
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

If your new to an anti-D it's not just about getting used to the med it's also about getting the dose right, that can take more than 1 dose adjustment. It's important to keep in touch with your Pdoc regularly, like weekly when doing new meds and be very honest about what's going on so they know which direction to go.
Kat
@MayB when you say a long time, how long exactly did it work for you? years?
I was put on an AD a few years ago and the pdoc wanted me to give it a good try...I found after a few weeks I became more used to it and I mellowed out..
Maybe keep a mood chart so you're more aware of your moods daily .. Are you seeing your doc regularly now??...xo