Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
MageMichael
Sorry I haven't been on for quite a while. I've been hit with a delibating depression. Probably the paynent for my manic episodes. I can hardley make it to work and I just want to go home and sleep the entire time I am at work. I feel my life is just not worth anything and my job is joke. Corporate politics rule that spae. I'm just really down and can't seem to get it together to do my work. I'm afraid I have a really bad perforance review coming. Everying seems so negative right now I don't know hoe to look at anything in a posiitive lightl,. I'm sliding under the water that will eventually be my end. Please and advice to breaking the depression would be greatly appreciated.
Mage Michael
Mage Michael
Posts You May Be Interested In
-
Some things we don't talk about, we breathe them... Some things cannot be explained, but rather experienced. Some of the most healing moments arise when given the memory, acknowledging the love.One cannot go back in time; we move forward, and we carry the love we shared. No one but ourselves has the power to do so, or the permission to do so, but ourselves.So live life with your faith and...
-
I've been feeling like I don't matter my wife the other day instead of telling me she was having a pain day when I went to have sex with her she tell me afterwards that she having pain day due to her fribromyalgia and making feel like shit afterward saying she has a list of things from past 9 years of thing for me to do and is always adding more and more to this list and talk...

Office politics can get anyone in a frazzle.
Realize your negative thoughts are coming from your Bad Brain.
Try and use coping skills to get through your days at work.
Put up notes to yourself , affirming you DO A GOOD JOB.
Give your self positive pep talks.
And then remember , if this doesn't break the depressive episode....it's NOT your fault.
We are bipolar..our mood swings have a life cycle of their own...are you on meds?
Maybe talk to your Pdoc about some med tweek.?
In any case...I'm rooting for you
hugs
dd
I understand what it feels like to not be able to "perform" or "function" properly at work. I know how hard it is to do so especially when you're in an episode. I feel, and from personal experience as well, if you're really unhappy at work (despite and in spite your depressive episode) in general, then you might want to consider quitting. I'm not suggesting you quit without thinking, but it may be something you want to consider. I think job fulfilment helps in our condition.
It is very difficult to "break" the depression. I myself was in a depressed mode for four weeks right before this, I only started having averagely okay days since Sunday. Maybe you can contact your pdoc and see if you can tweak your meds. I understand that crash you face when you've been having manic episodes. It hurts even more sometimes. I found that the only way I could get out of episodes for real was to ride through them, brace myself, and then hopefully after a period of time, I'll be ready again to face the world.
*hugs*
think I'm not going to down myself life does that enough and be kind to yourself remember your inner child if you can and don't bruise your mind !
I hope you stop cutting soon xx
Are you still taking the lithium and other meds? (yeah, I sound like a damn nag) How about the "other stuff"? (no, Really not nagging - honest)
Man, you were Up for soooo long...this is a Cycle, but it knocks us on our Asses when it happens. Please remember it's a cycle...are ya seeing your doc about it?
I hate to see it, because I know it interferes with work and projects and Life, but take it easy on yourself if you can; it's Healthy, and it doesn't mean you are unable to do everything - you're only stuck "at the moment".
*hugs* I hope you'll just take things one day at a time - sometimes, those damn days can gang up on you. :/
Please hang on Micheal as others have said this will come under control... are you in therapy now sweetie??... sending you a big hug of comfort..xo
is it even possible to muster up the energy to go to the gym, increase the endorphins? i'm really sorry you're going thru this. i know we don't know eachother, but i've been there, i'm half way there right now. it's hard not to fee the depression monster, hope you come out of it. hugs.
You really need to find a better outlet then cutting. However that being said as a fellow cutter I'm not going to jump your ass about it. I get what you mean when you say "it lets me cry and lets out the pain" Luckily I haven't cut in about 2 months but the thoughts are there, I finally had to throw my boxcutter out the door one day literally before my hospitalization. I just opened the door, made sure none of my neighbors were outside, closed my eyes and launched it off the patio out into the parking lot or bbq area, etc. I didn't open my eyes until I had turned around, walked back inside and closed the door and locked it.
If you need anything we are all here to help you!
_______________-
CAN YOU TAKE SOME TIME OFF? IF NOT TODAY, THEN PLAN SOME TIME OFF MIKE? PLEASE. YOU NEED IT.
In the meantime, get some soothing teas and some music for the office and pace yourself with your work. Take care of yourself when you get home and watch movies, read a book and just relax.
I also feel like my job is a joke. I also have a sister who works 12 hours for her bosses and I guess I just don't understand why they work her so hard ALL THE TIME. She's sort of corporate/kind of--She's a tax and real estate attorney. I mean I understand it on a cognigitve level, but they work her like a blue collar electrician at a power plant--I mean--7 days a week almost. She's very, very stressed out.