Bipolar Disorder Support Group
Bipolar disorder is not just a single disorder, but a category of mood disorders marked by periods of abnormally high energy and euphoria, often accompanied by bouts of clinical depression. This is the place to talk about your experience with bipolar disorder, learn from others' experiences, and find support.
When you look at the root of both disorders you can see how the chances you will have both are reasonably high.
Or it may be that one of the dignosises is wrong. I don't think a GP could tell - maybe go for a second opinion from a psychiatrist?
When I asked her what that MEANT, she said he figured that I had SOME form of a personality order, except that he couldn't get his head around what it was! So I GUESS that a whole lot of these array of things may be based upon educated guesses....I once read that psychiatry ANYWAY was only ever 50%science to begin with; the rest of it is pure speculation and surmise!